Author Topic: semih erden  (Read 1421 times)

semih erden
« on: April 03, 2010, 07:37:52 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
do the celtics still hold his rights?  as i recall, danny drafted him saying he was their 2009 first round pick since they did not have one.  looking at hsi stats, appears he averages 6-7 ppg and 7-8 rpg, and he is only 24.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: semih erden
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 08:07:16 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yep, they still have his rights, although I'm not sure off the top of my head what his contract looks like.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:01:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I think Erden will make a nice third string center in the NBA.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:53:36 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
LOL!!  If we're now wondering about Semih's availability then you know we're in a tough spot...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Have you seen him play this year at all?

I only saw him once right after the C's drafted him, and I was definitely impressed by his raw skills and body, but it seemed he was very inconsistent.  If he has become more consistent, he could be an interesting player. 

Depending on what the C's do with their own FA's this summer, there could concievably be a spot on the roster for a project center like Erden. 

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 01:46:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406

Have you seen him play this year at all?

I only saw him once right after the C's drafted him, and I was definitely impressed by his raw skills and body, but it seemed he was very inconsistent.  If he has become more consistent, he could be an interesting player. 

Depending on what the C's do with their own FA's this summer, there could concievably be a spot on the roster for a project center like Erden. 
Eurobasket was the last time I saw Erden play. He played a pretty big role for Turkey, around 20 minutes a night, in that competition. Had a very good game against Spain, against Pau and Marc Gasol. Overall, I thought he performed like a solid end of the roster type talent.

Erden has a reputation for not working hard enough + for not showing much improvement since becoming a pro so I'm not expecting him to become much more than he is.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 03:14:14 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
We don't get enough Erden, Josip Sesar, Albert Mirales, and Ben Pepper threads anymore.

Yes, as it's probably been said, we still have his rights but he's not coming over.

I do wish we had Tiago Splitter and Nikola Pekovic, though. Those dudes are studs.