Author Topic: My Streak Is Over but it was Predictable  (Read 813 times)

My Streak Is Over but it was Predictable
« on: April 03, 2010, 01:39:56 AM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
I don't have season tix but I went to the Celtics-Rockets loss tonight. In 2007-2010, I've attended 15 other games, all wins. A streak of 15, including the playoff Game 5 versus Orlando last year when they were down 10 or so in the last 5 minutes and came back to WIN that one! I had the feeling that game that winning was "Probable" in that situation. Tonight, when Paul Pierce missed the shot in regulation at the buzzer, I felt, oh the Celtics are not going to have the 'energy' to win this game in OT. Certainly not at this stage of the Big 3 plus Sheed's career. All we have is Rondo. I just checked out the box score, I thought KG was gassed at the end but only played 33 minutes in an OT game? Sheed was soft  and looked winded too often also but we're used to that.

Brace yourselves folks, this could be the year the C's are upset in the first round by a young-athletic team considering how they struggled against the Bulls and Hawks the last couple years.

Re: My Streak Is Over but it was Predictable
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 02:50:07 AM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
I'm sorry, but terrible post. You have to be optimistic and love the C's no matter what. This was a bad game that got away from them. Sure, it might not be their year, but it very well could be. When we play our best we are unstoppable, and we have no clue what will happen once the playoffs start.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 03:14:33 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Agreed. Manchester is a realist. The truth hurts sometimes. This team never dominated at their peak. In 2008 & In 2009 C's had trouble in every round. Now take into account C's have regressed, while Magic, Hawks, Cavs, and Fakers have all improved. Would any of you be surprised if C's lose to the bucks? No. I still think Celtics will make it to the finals.

Go Celtics.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 04:08:11 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I've reconciled myself to a second round exit.  I'll be really happy if the Celtics make it to the second round and take their second round opponent to 6 or 7 games.  Basically, if the Celtics accomplish as much as they did last year (though 62 wins is obviously out of the question), I'll be happy. 

Considering that KG will most likely (knock on wood) be healthy for the playoffs this year, it's pretty disappointing.  But I'm over it.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers