Author Topic: Celtics (57-15) at Hawks (33-39) Game #73 3/28/24  (Read 14388 times)

Re: Celtics (57-15) at Hawks (33-39) Game #73 3/28/24
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2024, 10:27:59 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Why’d we put dead arm jrue on Murray in the last possession instead of white or brown? I mean no one could stop the guy but idk I would’ve preferred those matchups.

Because holiday was the only guy to get stops on him.

He cooked white twice.

Holiday played good defense. He just made it

Game was lost on the boards.

Pretty sure brown stopped him the possession before but ok

Holiday played it as best as anyone could. He made the shot.

If you want to arm chair coach talk about the many possessions where he cooked KP over and over with no adjustments at all.
At this moment I’m addressing the final play.
I would’ve preferred the taller brown on him. Thank you though.

« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2024, 10:28:52 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
These games are meaningless.  Yeah we want better game plans, better performance, etc.  But when the playoff start this game won't matter one iota.  Not sure why everyone is losing their marbles.

Tell me, if these games are meaningless then why did Joe bother playing their core guys? Makes no sense. Would have been better to start our G-leaguers and I wouldn't even be mad if they lost.

Exactly.
It’s meaningless in the standings but for scouts of other teams watching this and for our own confidence this game is not meaningless. They went all out and were basically fully healthy and lost 2 close games to the hawks. Brutal.

Right, because the Heat limping in to the postseason last year was such a huge barrier to winning games.  And the year the Warriors beat us in the finals, they were having such a smooth regular season on their path to the title.  Oh wait.

« Reply #362 on: March 28, 2024, 10:30:29 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Why’d we put dead arm jrue on Murray in the last possession instead of white or brown? I mean no one could stop the guy but idk I would’ve preferred those matchups.

He cooked white twice.

If you want to arm chair coach talk about the many possessions where he cooked KP over and over with no adjustments at all.

Make sure you let Joe know your preference. I’m sure he’ll listen to you. Holiday’s defense was fine. He made a
Tough shot.

Some reason brown wasn’t on him. Ask Joe for us why

« Reply #363 on: March 28, 2024, 10:31:01 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Joe claiming that JT’s contested three to win a tied game after dribbling for 20 sec with everyone watching in regulation was a good shot  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #364 on: March 28, 2024, 10:31:54 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
That flop by Murray that Ed Malloy fell for is just even more ridiculous now. He should be fined for that non-sense - both Murray and Malloy.

« Reply #365 on: March 28, 2024, 10:32:05 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Joe saying 17 offensive boards for 30 second chance points was where the game was lost

« Reply #366 on: March 28, 2024, 10:33:32 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Joe saying 17 offensive boards for 30 second chance points was where the game was lost

Thanks Joe I mean captain obvious

« Reply #367 on: March 28, 2024, 10:34:54 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
This game should've ended had Joe set up a real good play at the end of the regulation, needing only 1 point to win.

Instead, he gave it to Tatum for a difficult three. Idiot.
While the other 4 watched. The frequency of that being the go-to play at the end of tight games is a problem. This team hasn't play a ton of close games this season and they're going to get them in the playoffs because teams will play defense unlike during the regular season.

« Reply #368 on: March 28, 2024, 10:35:06 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176

He cooked white twice.

Make sure you let Joe know your preference. I’m sure he’ll listen to you. Holiday’s defense was fine. He made a
Tough shot.

I’m aware holidays defense was fine it’s just a shame he’s not 3 inches taller or leading all guards in blocks.
The second I saw jrue was guarding him I thought the game was over.

« Reply #369 on: March 28, 2024, 10:36:59 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Joe arguing with Gary saying “Gary don’t start saying we defended Murray poorly, he had 44 pts on 44 shots…you already crushed JT [for his abysmal last shot in regulation] don’t start saying we defended Murray poorly we defended him well”

I guess the times Murray treated KP as a turnstile doesn’t count  :angel:

Now he’s arguing with Gary again because Gary said “how demoralizing is this”…and now they are arguing about whether the air ball should have been rebounded or not  :laugh:

It’s worth watching the interview on YouTube when they put it up. Could be Joes last interview before he gets cashiered tomorrow  8)

« Reply #370 on: March 28, 2024, 10:37:48 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

He cooked white twice.

Tough shot.

I’m aware holidays defense was fine it’s just a shame he’s not 3 inches taller or leading all guards in blocks.
The second I saw jrue was guarding him I thought the game was over.

I would have preferred a quick double on Murray. They knew he was gonna take the shot. Get it out of his hands. Brown on him would have been great. More great coaching didn’t get it done.

« Reply #371 on: March 28, 2024, 10:40:08 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I’m super tired of how much Tatum and KP complain for fouls. Every single time down Tatum is crying about calls.

Just play ball. Get back on defense. Rebound

« Reply #372 on: March 28, 2024, 10:42:18 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Joe claiming that JT’s contested three to win a tied game after dribbling for 20 sec with everyone watching in regulation was a good shot  :laugh:

Hence the problem. Tatum has made what, one end if quarter shot all season? He sucks at it yet they keep going back to it every time. The way this team freezes up and abandons any plays is bad. Even when they do run something it looks discombobulated. I’ll be rooting for close games until April because it won’t change blowing everyone out.

« Reply #373 on: March 28, 2024, 10:48:08 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Joe arguing with Gary saying “Gary don’t start saying we defended Murray poorly, he had 44 pts on 44 shots…you already crushed JT [for his abysmal last shot in regulation] don’t start saying we defended Murray poorly we defended him well”

I guess the times Murray treated KP as a turnstile doesn’t count  :angel:

Now he’s arguing with Gary again because Gary said “how demoralizing is this”…and now they are arguing about whether the air ball should have been rebounded or not  :laugh:

It’s worth watching the interview on YouTube when they put it up. Could be Joes last interview before he gets cashiered tomorrow  8)

Don't tease me.

The guy is actually arguing with a reporter, obviously on the defensive given the questions were right on point.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #374 on: March 28, 2024, 10:53:48 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I’m just at a loss with this:

Mazzulla says the Celtics purposefully allowed Porzingis to defend Dejounte Murray on switches bc it was good practice reps for 1-through-5 switching, of which the Celtics haven't done much.

Boston has positioned itself to be able to use games as practices for certain scenarios.