Author Topic: Tyreke Evans' Downward Slope  (Read 2089 times)

Tyreke Evans' Downward Slope
« on: November 02, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
What on earth happened to this guy?  He's been on a slow and steady decline since a pretty exciting rookie year. Now he's stinking it up off New Orleans' bench. 

Yup

Re: Tyreke Evans' Downward Slope
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 04:22:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2409
No idea why New Orleans signed him when they already had Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon on board.

Difficult place for Tyreke to fit in. He needs the ball in his hands a lot and so too do those two other guys. Don't think there will be enough to go around. And from what I have seen so far, those two starters are getting fed while Tyreke gets the scraps. Bad situation for him.

Tyreke Evans needed to be more careful in choosing his next destination. It's his own fault. Went from one bad situation to another.

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 04:27:55 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
What on earth happened to this guy?  He's been on a slow and steady decline since a pretty exciting rookie year. Now he's stinking it up off New Orleans' bench.

You're right about his first three years but efficiency-wise, last year was a comeback year for him, and maybe his best season ever. His overall numbers declined because he played fewer minutes.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/evansty01.html

That said, it'll be interesting to see how things evolve for him on that NOP team. He has Gordon in front of him, and if Rivers ever turns it around minutes will get even scarcer in the backcourt. For the first time in his career I think he really needs to earn his minutes.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 04:48:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
He's just got a little ankle issue. He'll be fine

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 04:55:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He may be fine, but he'll be stuck on the pine all season.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 05:15:31 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Hard to believe NOP envisioned him playing 20mpg when they ponied up that $44 million contract.

I still have a gut feeling that they'll showcase Gordon and move him mid-year.

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 05:30:24 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Hard to believe NOP envisioned him playing 20mpg when they ponied up that $44 million contract.

I still have a gut feeling that they'll showcase Gordon and move him mid-year.

This, there's no way in hell New Orleans is going to pay $11 million a year for Evans to be a benchwarmer.  I think the plan is to move forward with Holiday, Evans, and Davis.  Gordon burned a few too many bridges in his time down in NO.

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
He will be a solid 6th man for the Pelicans eventually this season. Anyone expecting more than that will be disappointed. He is not an all-star caliber player.