Author Topic: 2020 Mock Draft 1ish month out  (Read 20649 times)

Re: 2020 Mock Draft 1ish month out
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2020, 02:58:02 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I've now seen Saddiq Bey in two mocks to the C's at 14 now.  Haven't done any research, but one report I found says he's a pure scorer, especially beyond the arc.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2020, 03:11:35 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I've now seen Saddiq Bey in two mocks to the C's at 14 now.  Haven't done any research, but one report I found says he's a pure scorer, especially beyond the arc.

Weird scouting report. His best attribute is perimeter defense. He's not a big shot-blocker or pocket-picker, but he is great at staying in good position and making player take tough shots. He can shoot the three some too. I don't really think he's a bucket-getter.

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2020, 03:47:12 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
On NBAdraft.com, they have Wiseman dropping all the way to the 9th pick for the Wizards. I know it's only one mock draft, but if his stock really did plummet that far, I'm getting Detroit and New York on the phone immediately for the 7th and 8th pick.
I don't even visit their website any more except to look something up. That said, their recent mock has at least 2 omissions showing their mock can't be taken seriously.

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2020, 04:01:35 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I like S Bey but would much rather see the Cs go for more upside at #14. I predict Bey to have an similare NBA role to Crowder. They have differnt physical profiles that ultimately achieve the same goal Crowder is 2-3" shorter with a equally shorter wingspan but a stronger wider frame. Where Crowder is able to use his strength and decent length to be an good big wing defender Bey will have the advantage of being 6'8 with a 7' wingspan. Neither are overly quick or explosive for an NBA Wing. Like Crowder I suspect Bey will make a living on offense from the 3 point line. Outside of attacking close outs I expect him to be limited by his inability to create separation against NBA wings.

I expect Bey to have a long NBA career as a bench 3-D wing who (like Crowder) is ideally limited to defending larger slower wings and small bigs.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2020, 05:19:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

He has decent size as a 3/4 hybrid. But doesnt have a standout skill.  Shot the 3 well from college 3 pt line but has a low and outward release ... not a good shooting recipe for the nba unless wide open

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2020, 03:24:42 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
On NBAdraft.com, they have Wiseman dropping all the way to the 9th pick for the Wizards. I know it's only one mock draft, but if his stock really did plummet that far, I'm getting Detroit and New York on the phone immediately for the 7th and 8th pick.

Also have Haliburton dropping to 11. I'll take it.

Mike

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2020, 11:56:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
My mock picks for Celtics version 2

*14.  76ers - Tyrell Terry

26. Robert Woodward
30. Immanuel Quickley
34. Killian Tillie
36. Jay Scrubb (draft and stash - Yabusele route)

*14, 47 traded to 76ers for 21, 34, 36
* 21st pick traded to OKC for 2021 1st (Heat)  and  2021 2nd round pick

I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of Robert Woodward.  He is a 6'7 hybrid chiseled forward, explosive and has a 7'1-7'2 wingspan.  His game is pretty polished and has a nice 3 point jump shot (42 percent last season).  Versatile defender (that can also guard smaller centers) with a strong motor.   Prototypical 3 and D prospect but additional ability to drive to the basket for explosive finishes with either hand

Quickley and Tillie are two more 3 pt shooting additions. Quickley in the mold of KCP/terror around screens 3 pt shooter.  Good defender.  6'3 with rondo like 6'10 wingspan.  Tillie a potential nightmare stretch 4/5 matchup.  This way for example,  Bam would have to come out to the perimeter leaving the interior open.   

Tyrell Terry is a very good shooter. But watching more games/highlight,  his size/defense is a little concerning.  If we remember how Kemba was picked on in the playoffs (same with Vanvleet) as these smaller guards do have their limitations.....  Celts don't need anymore "holes"  in this regard

Quickley would fit in very nicely because 1-  he is not a pure pg  ;D.  He has a ridiculous 6'10 wingspan.  Strong 1 on 1 defender.   And is a very good shooter, especially running around screens like a madman and launching 3s in one quick motion.    Something the Celtics lacked in the playoffs but Heat had with Herro/Robinson.

Overall these additions would mean not weakening Celtics defensive system.  Adding better 3 point shooting depth at different positions.

Quickley highlights (look at this sequence and what he does to Alabama)
https://youtu.be/PcPpNgUEOQA?t=317

Woodward highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLE5XB6kGbY

« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 02:51:02 PM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2020, 12:23:48 PM »

Offline SteveD

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 1
Saddiq Bey is a "6-foot-8 Marcus Smart with a more consistent 3-point shot".
I would cite whomever I heard this from but cannot remember. Anyway, I fully agree with that assessment.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 12:28:57 PM by SteveD »

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2020, 12:29:34 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
#14 - Hampton, Lewis or Bey
26 - Bane, Oturo or Riller
30 - Riller, Tyler Bey, Reed or Joe
47 - Hinton, Joe or Scrubb
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2020, 12:53:21 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

26. Robert Woodward
30. Immanuel Quickley
34. Killian Tillie

I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of Robert Woodward.  He is a 6'7 hybrid chiseled forward, explosive and has a 7'1-7'2 wingspan.  His game is pretty polished and has a nice 3 point jump shot (42 percent last season).  Versatile defender with a strong motor.   Prototypical 3 and D prospect but additional ability to drive to the basket for explosive finishes with either hand

Quickley and Tillie are two more 3 pt shooting additions. Quickley in the mold of KCP/terror around screens 3 pt shooter.  Good defender.  6'3 with rondo like 6'10 wingspan.  Tillie a potential nightmare stretch 4/5 matchup.  This way for example,  Bam would have to come out to the perimeter leaving the interior open.   

Tyrell Terry is a very good shooter. But watching more games/highlight,  his size/defense is a little concerning.  If we remember how Kemba was picked on in the playoffs (same with Vanvleet) as these smaller guards do have their limitations.....  Celts don't need anymore "holes"  in this regard

Quickley would fit in very nicely because 1-  he is not a pure pg  ;D.  He has a ridiculous 6'10 wingspan.  Strong 1 on 1 defender.   And is a very good shooter, especially running around screens like a madman and launching 3s in one quick motion.    Something the Celtics lacked in the playoffs but Heat had with Herro/Robinson.

Overall these additions would mean not weakening Celtics defensive system.  Adding better 3 point shooting depth at different positions.

Woodward highlights
He grew 2 inches so he's a 6'2-6'3 PG now.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2020, 02:46:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

26. Robert Woodward
30. Immanuel Quickley
34. Killian Tillie

I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of Robert Woodward.  He is a 6'7 hybrid chiseled forward, explosive and has a 7'1-7'2 wingspan.  His game is pretty polished and has a nice 3 point jump shot (42 percent last season).  Versatile defender with a strong motor.   Prototypical 3 and D prospect but additional ability to drive to the basket for explosive finishes with either hand

Woodward highlights

I doubt it

He was listed 6'2 prior to college season start

Also he added 15 pounds

but that doesn't change the fact that he has a mediocre wingspan and questionable defensive ceiling

If he had Trey Young type scoring capability, maybe one could look aside these short comings. 

« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2020, 07:28:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Yahoo just came out with this mock. Must say I like who they picked for Boston:

14. Poku (draft and stash)
26. Bolmaro (draft and stash)
30. Robert Woodard II
47. Paul Reed

Wow, if we could get two prime draft/stash and draft Woodard and Reed, I would be so down with that. Shocked if Reed available that late in draft, though, right?

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-mock-draft-volume-two-170603853.html

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2020, 09:17:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Yahoo just came out with this mock. Must say I like who they picked for Boston:

14. Poku (draft and stash)
26. Bolmaro (draft and stash)
30. Robert Woodard II
47. Paul Reed

Wow, if we could get two prime draft/stash and draft Woodard and Reed, I would be so down with that. Shocked if Reed available that late in draft, though, right?

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-mock-draft-volume-two-170603853.html
Two draft and stash moves would be pretty wild. Unsure about drafting Poku over guys like Achiuwa, S Bey and Nesmith, but his potential is alluring. I do like Bolmaro as a Satoransky-type big guard who can play on and off ball though.

Some of the picks in this mock are a bit off for me. I really don't see Tyrell Terry falling into the 2nd round, for instance. But if Reed is there at 47 that would be awesome.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2020, 10:58:29 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

26. Robert Woodward
30. Immanuel Quickley
34. Killian Tillie

Woodward highlights

I doubt it

Also he added 15 pounds

but that doesn't change the fact that he has a mediocre wingspan and questionable defensive ceiling

If he had Trey Young type scoring capability, maybe one could look aside these short comings.
Eh him being a Curry type of defender (slight positive) would be more than enough if he develops into a nice offensive player.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2020, 11:58:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

26. Robert Woodward
30. Immanuel Quickley
34. Killian Tillie

Woodward highlights

I doubt it

Also he added 15 pounds

Eh him being a Curry type of defender (slight positive) would be more than enough if he develops into a nice offensive player.
Even if he's just a slightly better version of Seth Curry (main difference would be playmaking and passing) then that's a good pick at #14. Could easily be a 13-5-2 sparkplug.

However, I think he'll be better than that. Could provide LouWill-esque offensive firepower with better defence if he reaches his full potential.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)