Beyond the Association > Other Basketball

Isaiah Austin dominanting Chinese league

(1/2) > >>

tazzmaniac:
One of life's rarities.  An actual well done Bleacher Report story.  Isaiah Austin who was diagnosed with Marfan syndrome isn't cleared to play in the NBA but is dominating the Chinese league.   

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2791969-medically-barred-from-the-nba-isaiah-austin-is-putting-up-big-numbers-in-china?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

liam:
This is sad story. As a Celtics fan I can really feel the pain in this story as we've had two great young players drop dead on our team. I feel bad that the NBA won't let him play but I understand why. I really liked this kid coming out of college and remember him on draft night. I hope he can find something else to do with his life.

ManUp:
I'm happy he's succeeding, but I also feel sorry that he doesn't have the opportunity to play in the NBA.

I understand why the NBA won't let him in, but It's unfortunate that he doesn't get to live life on his terms.

Big333223:
Kind of lost in all of the talk about his medical situation is that he's doing all of this while blind in one eye. Quite the kid.

rondofan1255:
Good for him (successful career).  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version