Author Topic: Celtics (43-28) at 76ers (46-25) Game #72 3/20/19  (Read 37305 times)

Re: Celtics (43-28) at 76ers (46-25) Game #72 3/20/19
« Reply #510 on: March 20, 2019, 09:58:47 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1639
After tonight's game, safe to say this is Kyrie's team. Not Jayson Tatum. Not Marcus Smart.
If this end of game execution is what entails a Kyrie-led team (not piling the blame on him, imo the fault is on Brad), I want no part of this ****.

keep melting...there is plenty blame to go around. does it lay at brads feet? sure.

if you want no part then see ya. i have lots of issues with brad but this game tonight was due to lots of factors especially people being out i am afraid
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #511 on: March 20, 2019, 09:59:46 PM »

• Johnny Most
 :)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #512 on: March 20, 2019, 10:00:02 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I get a kick out of when your narrative isn't totally supported, "The haters are out." It's so 2019ish.

« Reply #513 on: March 20, 2019, 10:00:48 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1514
I know Kyrie scored a lot of points tonight, but he wasn't very efficient, and the ball doesn't seem like it moved very well if we only had 22 assists on 46 made buckets.  We made 11 more baskets than Philly, and Philly had more assists than us.

I don't think having Kyrie shoot 30 times a game and Brown and Smart combining for 7 shots  is likely to be good for our team as a whole.  That said, Embiid shooting 21 fts is probably what killed us tonight.  Too much fouling, not enough good def in the post?

Full disclosure, I didn't watch tonight's game, these observations are just from the stats.

« Reply #514 on: March 20, 2019, 10:01:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I know Kyrie scored a lot of points tonight, but he wasn't very efficient, and the ball doesn't seem like it moved very well if we only had 22 assists on 46 made buckets.  We made 11 more baskets than Philly, and Philly had more assists than us.

I don't think having Kyrie shoot 30 times a game and Brown and Smart combining for 7 shots  is likely to be good for our team as a whole.  That said, Embiid shooting 21 fts is probably what killed us tonight.  Too much fouling, not enough good def in the post?

Full disclosure, I didn't watch tonight's game, these observations are just from the stats.

Smart might've shot more if he didn't get himself ejected.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #515 on: March 20, 2019, 10:03:05 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Sorry to say, but tonight's loss is on Kyrie and Morris.

I know Brown missed 2 key free throws in the 4th quarter but I expect 10 times more out of Ky than I do from Brown.

It seemed like Kyrie wasn't passing the ball at all in the final minutes and kept missing 3s. Then, instead of looking to pass on the final play, he goes for a lay-up with a 7 foot Embiid waiting for him. Really???

For a very intelligent person, that was a dumb move!!

I just thought Kyrie was playing very selfishly towards the end of the game, as if he doesn't trust his teammates.

And Morris.....yuck!

I was noticing him towards the end of the game and his body language sucked. He either looked gassed or like he didn't want to be there. And that foul on Simmons was ridiculous. Like Scal mentioned, you've got to play better defense rather than getting to your man too late.

It seemed like the complexion of the game changed after Baynes went down. He's literally made of glass this year and can't make it through 5 games without getting injured. We are so desperate for a big man, I would seriously consider going after Dwight Howard this summer.

« Reply #516 on: March 20, 2019, 10:04:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Kyrie Irving has no respect or trust for the other players on this team.... maybe outside of Horford

He doesn't know how to expose the opponents weakness

instead he thinks he can outscore against any team/anyone

and this is why he is still immature. 1st of all he is not Kobe or Jordan.  But he thinks he is

Even Lebron James understands his limitations and trusts on guys like Korver etc to shoot crucial shots

Basically this team is almost a carbon copy of those early 2000 Iverson led teams.  Just pure hot dog,  one man show type of basketball that ultimately leads a team to nowhere

« Reply #517 on: March 20, 2019, 10:04:45 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1514

Smart might've shot more if he didn't get himself ejected.

Well I didn't see the game, so I didn't know why he only had 19 min.  3 shots for Brown in 28 min isn't optimal though either way.

« Reply #518 on: March 20, 2019, 10:04:52 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
After tonight's game, safe to say this is Kyrie's team. Not Jayson Tatum. Not Marcus Smart.
If this end of game execution is what entails a Kyrie-led team (not piling the blame on him, imo the fault is on Brad), I want no part of this ****.

keep melting...there is plenty blame to go around. does it lay at brads feet? sure.

if you want no part then see ya. i have lots of issues with brad but this game tonight was due to lots of factors especially people being out i am afraid
Seems like the dude who posted 3-4 different posts taking a shot at me is melting down a bit more ;D
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #519 on: March 20, 2019, 10:04:55 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 752
Kyrie Irving with another last shot blunder

I thought he was one of the most clutch shooters/finishers in the game??

just tired of seeing this pattern

and freaking Marcus Morris .....  seriously F@#$

tri - Your boy Kyrie was 0-4 the last 3 minutes plus surrendered the game winner by Butler. Great closer, yeah.

Its a pattern

The only game it feels like he "closed" was vs the Raptors

otherwise I ask again, where is the finishing touch?
It would literally take you two minutes now to go look at his game logs to see him singlehandedly winning us games.

Your refusal to actually listen to things when you challenge people to provide them makes me want to claw my eyes out sometimes

They don't post stats on games a player DOES NOT finish well - I have witnessed those as well from Irving.
You guys that go strictly on stats cannot see the forest for the trees. But that type of thinking is common amongst your average Joe fan -- "Gee, look, he's averaging so many points. He must really be good."  Yes, Irving is a great offensive player who is bad for the overall team.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #520 on: March 20, 2019, 10:05:13 PM »

• Johnny Most
I get a kick out of when your narrative isn't totally supported, "The haters are out." It's so 2019ish.

you mean your narrative? that we are better without kyrie or he sux? and we should keep terry instead?  LOL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #521 on: March 20, 2019, 10:06:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

tri - Your boy Kyrie was 0-4 the last 3 minutes plus surrendered the game winner by Butler. Great closer, yeah.

Its a pattern

It would literally take you two minutes now to go look at his game logs to see him singlehandedly winning us games.

Your refusal to actually listen to things when you challenge people to provide them makes me want to claw my eyes out sometimes

They don't post stats on games a player DOES NOT finish well - I have witnessed those as well from Irving.
You guys that go strictly on stats cannot see the forest for the trees. But that type of thinking is common amongst your average Joe fan -- "Gee, look, he's averaging so many points. He must really be good."  Yes, Irving is a great offensive player who is bad for the overall team.
Thank you for telling me I don’t know as much about basketball as you! That’s what I’ve been needing to hear some more
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #522 on: March 20, 2019, 10:06:43 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Pretty much sums it up. Kyrie was good statistically, but not efficient in the final minutes of the 4th quarter

« Reply #523 on: March 20, 2019, 10:07:08 PM »

• Johnny Most
i do not see this game as a game to be melting about like so many are

for many different reasons already stated

it happens

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #524 on: March 20, 2019, 10:07:58 PM »

• Johnny Most

Its a pattern

Thank you for telling me I don’t know as much about basketball as you! That’s what I’ve been needing to hear some more

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
LET'S GO CELTICS!