Author Topic: Good Peter May Article in Yahoo about Wallace on Celtics  (Read 3935 times)

Re: Good Peter May Article in Yahoo about Wallace on Celtics
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

The Powe issue is still casting a cloud over this site.

Not for me it isn't. I just don't think BBD is as key to our chances as you do, thats all.

To me he's a nice player who i would love to have back, but who i think can be let walk depending on his contract demands. Doubly so now that we have signed a true front court big.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Wallace is finally a Celtic!  Yes!  Ainge's plan is falling into place.  Now we just need to get a backup 2/3 that doesn't suck as hard as Tony Allen and a backup PG.  I wouldn't mind BBD back either, but there might not be enough money for him.  Hmmmm.

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 12:35:49 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
14 - 10 per difference for a 2nd year player who wasn't starting vs a starter is a lot?  No in fact he's not a major upgrade.  He was 3 years ago now he's a slight upgrade but, if we lose BBD it we will still have problems getting  out the East and heaven forbid the C's have any injuries. Anyway I'll trust that DA knows more than me and will make the right decision. 

I hope you realize that PER is calculated on a per-minute basis, so playing time doesn't factor into things.  Although PER does have its flaws (such as underrating players with defensive skills that aren't blocks and steals), the difference between Wallace and BBD in PER is about the same as the gap between Kendrick Perkins and Mikki Moore last season.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 01:18:19 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Wallace is finally a Celtic!  Yes!  Ainge's plan is falling into place.  Now we just need to get a backup 2/3 that doesn't suck as hard as Tony Allen and a backup PG.  I wouldn't mind BBD back either, but there might not be enough money for him.  Hmmmm.

I think the backup pg or wing is something that could be more likely to happen towards the trade deadline.  Nobody wants to take the TA+Scal package now because the season hasn't started yet and nobody wants to pay them the full $6M in this economy for nothing.  But as the deadline nears a team out of the running would only have to pay, say half of that, PLUS have $6M off the books for the big summer of '10... I think that would generate some serious trade interest for a Marko Jaric like player (not that I particularly want him, but a serviceable player with a few more years on his deal that his current team will want off the books).  Maybe Posey??  Stephen Jackson?  Barbosa?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 01:41:28 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yeah hopefully we can get something decent for TA/Scalabrine at the trade deadline.  Now the question remains, will the Celtics use their lesser exception to add more depth or is Ainge handcuffed by the luxury tax right now?