Author Topic: Ainge says Fultz meeting "went well"  (Read 11086 times)

Re: Ainge says Fultz meeting "went well"
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 09:05:47 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/06/after_markelle_fultz_visit_danny_ainge_still_keeping_celtics_plans_fluid

“I learned that his scoring average is really good against a chair,” said president of basketball operations Danny Ainge. “Good shooting percentages against a chair. High efficiency.”

“I’ve gotten phone calls from other teams,” said Ainge, “but nothing that I’m tempted by.”

“I don’t know if it’s necessary, but we may bring him back in for a workout again,” said Ainge. (Fultz)

That doesn't sound very good at all for Fultz.

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 09:06:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
In Comparison... here is what Ainge said after Jaylen Browns workout last year...

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2016/06/01/danny-ainge-raves-about-excellent-workout-with-jaylen-brown-plays-it-close-to-vest-on-dragan-bender/

“So Jaylen, I thought he looked very good in a workout,” Ainge said. “It was an excellent workout."

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 09:08:10 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Danny knows that for prospects like Fultz and Simmons last year the workout is just a formality too up hold tradition.  Fultz is going#1 and we've known this pretty much since November.

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 09:09:27 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
This was by far the most interesting and important quote, it answers a question all of us had today:

"On Monday night, that meant Ainge and Fultz dining at B. Good.

“I had Chipotle for lunch, or I would have taken him there,” said Ainge.

The pair decided against a more formal dining experience.

“Heavens no,” Ainge said. “We were tired, and both if us wanted to get home and go to sleep. He had a busy day, and so did I.”

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 09:18:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This was by far the most interesting and important quote, it answers a question all of us had today:

"On Monday night, that meant Ainge and Fultz dining at B. Good.

“I had Chipotle for lunch, or I would have taken him there,” said Ainge.

The pair decided against a more formal dining experience.

“Heavens no,” Ainge said. “We were tired, and both if us wanted to get home and go to sleep. He had a busy day, and so did I.”

This is how Sully probably got fat

Ainge: Sully we don't have time for a proper meal, just go to Chipotle..

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 09:20:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
duplicate

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 09:38:43 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3061
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/06/after_markelle_fultz_visit_danny_ainge_still_keeping_celtics_plans_fluid

“I learned that his scoring average is really good against a chair,” said president of basketball operations Danny Ainge. “Good shooting percentages against a chair. High efficiency.”

“I’ve gotten phone calls from other teams,” said Ainge, “but nothing that I’m tempted by.”

“I don’t know if it’s necessary, but we may bring him back in for a workout again,” said Ainge. (Fultz)

Yea I don't get why they'd bring him back in sounds like he didn't blow them away.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 09:46:36 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Yea I don't get why they'd bring him back in sounds like he didn't blow them away.

They didn't think the chair was a tough enough matchup, so they want to bring him in again to see how he does against a barstool from Southie.

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 09:47:07 PM »

Online Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I think DA is just playing with the media. How many of the other guys working out are going to be two days, and get tours of the felicities?

This might have been more of a see how the body holds up, is he working on his game, get to know him better thing. Seeing other guys and bringing others in is more of a get people talking, see if some one offers more then they would normally have, and make sure all the T's are crossed in case one of those Nets type offers come threw the door last minute.

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2017, 09:48:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

They didn't think the chair was a tough enough matchup, so they want to bring him in again to see how he does against a barstool from Southie.

haha

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 09:50:10 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Zero chance he isn't the pick. It's a done deal.

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 09:51:36 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Sounds like Ainge was not too happy about the individual workout aspect of it though, I wonder why Fultz didnt agree to work out against anyone else?

He's the clearcut top prospect.  What benefit is it to him to work out against anyone?

Danny doesn't care...

He probably thinks Jordan/Kobe as great as they were....would be up for the challenge

Jaylen Brown was up for the challenge last year

fans need to forget how the 76ers or wolves choose their players. Danny is different
Wuh?  None of those guys were at the top of the draft.  Fultz has NOTHING to gain and EVERYTHING to lose by working out at all.

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 09:52:09 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934

Both Smart and Brown were brought in for second workouts when the others weren't. If nothing else, that'd seemingly be a sign that he is our guy.

I think people are reading a bit too much into Danny here. To me, this clearly seems like Danny kind of downplaying everything to try and get other trade suitors to up their offers. That's how he always is with the media. If not, he's already got his guy in Fultz picked out.

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 09:52:59 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Plot twist- Ainge flips the #1 pick for Paul George. Celtics fans become enraged, Danny Ainge will be running for his life.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2017, 09:54:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

The preface "I don't know if it's necessary" carries some weight, imo.  Ainge is likely just posturing -- it's rare to get the #1 pick in a draft with a prospect like Fultz, doubt he'd completely shut the door on potentially lopsided trade proposals in his favor.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:03:09 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC