Author Topic: KG & Rondo Magic!  (Read 3167 times)

KG & Rondo Magic!
« on: October 17, 2009, 08:44:13 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
In a bit of a follow-up to my thread about wishing Rondo would be more aggressive and attack the paint more when KG is in the game, I thought I'd post this great clip of some of the magic that can happen when he does so ... when he and Ticket are on the same page ... really sweet stuff!

I thought it was also interesting to see who KG is dunking on in this one, (yeah ... it's 'Sheed), a bit of premonition, perhaps? This clip also proves conclusively that Tony Allen does have a place on this team ... as a Celtic Dancer! (That's a joke, by the way ... I'm actually one of those who likes the kid and wants to see him do well).

I couldn't resist! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K63k2UKPPEw

Please feel free to comment, or post your own clip of KG and Rondo hi-lights!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: KG & Rondo Magic!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 09:13:33 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
If we can use the KG length for this type of play even once per game, it will be huge for us. I think we should try it with Sheed as well. Gidddens certainly has the hops for it and it would be a big confidence booster as well as a weapon. Just the threat of it will open up other plays because it makes people break to the basket with threat from KG.

Tony does indeed have 'future dancer' written all over him. I really would like to see him healthy, but more importantly I want to see him mentally back into the game. If he could 'right his ship' with regard to those issues, he could be an asset again besides just an expiring contract.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 10:27:04 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
If we can use the KG length for this type of play even once per game, it will be huge for us. I think we should try it with Sheed as well. Gidddens certainly has the hops for it and it would be a big confidence booster as well as a weapon. Just the threat of it will open up other plays because it makes people break to the basket with threat from KG.

Tony does indeed have 'future dancer' written all over him. I really would like to see him healthy, but more importantly I want to see him mentally back into the game. If he could 'right his ship' with regard to those issues, he could be an asset again besides just an expiring contract.

Exactly ... the more he attacks, the more fluid the defense becomes, and the same if he gets a consistent jump-shot going. Rondo's speed is his greatest assett, and the more aggressive he is, the easier it will be for KG, Rasheed and Perk especially, do to their post work and run plays back out to Ray and Paul. The majority of offense keys off Rajon, so the more assertive and attack-minded he is, the more it will set up the floor for plays like this one. (TP)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 12:03:09 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Some more Rondo/Garnett magic, (with a huge block by Perk and nice pass by TA thrown in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c2GFQraKcg

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 01:19:26 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I've spent a good deal of time this morning reviewing old videos/clips of the starting five, and I've come away with one glaring fact: When this team is healthy, playing their style of defense and running the "fast-break", there is no one, I repeat no one, that can beat them. (And with what I've seen so far this season, the bench we have now is even deeper and stronger than the one we had in 2007-2008).

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 02:11:35 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I've spent a good deal of time this morning reviewing old videos/clips of the starting five, and I've come away with one glaring fact: When this team is healthy, playing their style of defense and running the "fast-break", there is no one, I repeat no one, that can beat them. (And with what I've seen so far this season, the bench we have now is even deeper and stronger than the one we had in 2007-2008).

Amen! If healthy, this team is going to steamroll the NBA.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
**lols @ ' ...his eleventh - check that - Twelfth Assist!!'

Rajon Rondo is extremely good at the game of basketball
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 07:32:57 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
**lols @ ' ...his eleventh - check that - Twelfth Assist!!'

Rajon Rondo is extremely good at the game of basketball
Yup ... this is the Rondo I want to see this year ... consistently! (TP)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 09:41:15 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
This clip also proves conclusively that Tony Allen does have a place on this team ... as a Celtic Dancer! (That's a joke, by the way ... I'm actually one of those who likes the kid and wants to see him do well).

We all want to see Tony do well, but what so far has he EVER demonstrated that you "like" about him? Seriously. He belongs in the D-League....FOREVER!
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 09:47:42 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
to say tony should not be here u never watched a game when paul went out and at the same time tony got hurt..go back a lil more..

tony the tiger

the d vs kobe...dont forget fam...

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 09:51:41 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
to say tony should not be here u never watched a game when paul went out and at the same time tony got hurt..go back a lil more..

tony the tiger

the d vs kobe...dont forget fam...

2 weeks of doing a decent job as the primary offensive option on a terrible team means a lot less than sucking incredibly hard for the other 6 years of his career.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.