Author Topic: David Aldridge: "C's wont trade Ray Allen"  (Read 15275 times)

David Aldridge: "C's wont trade Ray Allen"
« on: February 17, 2010, 09:10:57 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
He was just on NBA gametime on NBATV and said C's aren't going to  trade Ray. Also said BBD is unlikely to be moved and Nate will be the only trade they make.....
 :(

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 09:16:15 PM by rondohondo »

Re: David Alrdidge: C's wont trade Ray Allen
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 09:12:19 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Well then we can give up hope for this season then.  Rebuilding process going to be interesting.

It was a longshot we could parlay Ray into anything to give us a real shot anyway.  Only the Lakers and the Cavs get to make fairytale trades where they give up nothing and get major pieces in return. 

Plus, regardless of whether we got Kevin Martin or Iggy, KG has been reduced to a roleplayer.  We can't win without KG playing like KG.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 09:12:45 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
He was just on NBA gametime and said C's aren't going to move trade Ray. Also said BBD is. Unlikely to be moved and Nate will be the only trade they make.....

That's not completely bad. Maybe this gets everybody less focused on their individual futures and more focused on the RIGHT NOW.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 09:13:09 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
Well then we can give up hope for this season then.  Rebuilding process going to be interesting.

give me a break... ::)

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 09:15:41 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

If the best team in the league didn't just get significantly better I would agree that it's silly to come to such a hasty conclusion.  But unless KG, Ray, and Pierce suddenly start playing like they're 3 years younger than they currently are, the Celtics won't have a real shot at beating CLE in the ECF.  Heck, unless the team starts playing like they're better than an average team, they'll have a tough time getting out of the first round.

I'm just extremely skeptical, given how this team has played for the vast majority of this season, that there's any realistic hope for success this season without a big upgrade.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 09:17:53 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I hope David is wrong... If he is right, maybe Big3(1.67now according to me calculations) convinced him for 1more shot. I still hope that David is wrong.  Be wrong please!

Re: David Aldridge: "C's wont trade Ray Allen"
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 09:18:12 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
hard to understand why there isn't discussion of amare. trade them ray and perk and move KG to center where he now belongs.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 09:18:18 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald

If the best team in the league didn't just get significantly better I would agree that it's silly to come to such a hasty conclusion.  But unless KG, Ray, and Pierce suddenly start playing like they're 3 years younger than they currently are, the Celtics won't have a real shot at beating CLE in the ECF.  Heck, unless the team starts playing like they're better than an average team, they'll have a tough time getting out of the first round.

I'm just extremely skeptical, given how this team has played for the vast majority of this season, that there's any realistic hope for success this season without a big upgrade.

It's not even that they look OLD, it just looks like they're lackadaisical. They aren't fighting for rebounds and losing... they just aren't fighting. They aren't running as fast as the can through picks and getting nothing... Ray is just trotting around mediocre picks. This team's lack of success if more so about focus than it is about age and speed.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 09:18:45 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
hard to understand why there isn't discussion of amare. trade them ray and perk and move KG to center where he now belongs.

You don't know anything about KG if you think he belongs at Center.  :-X

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 09:20:01 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

It's not even that they look OLD, it just looks like they're lackadaisical. They aren't fighting for rebounds and losing... they just aren't fighting. They aren't running as fast as the can through picks and getting nothing... Ray is just trotting around mediocre picks. This team's lack of success if more so about focus than it is about age and speed.

I really doubt that focus is the sole explanation for all of the team's problems.  Even if it is, not making any changes probably isn't going to help fix the focus, if losing a bunch of games that they should have won over the past two and a half months wasn't enough.

- Doc Rivers

Re: David Alrdidge: "C's wont trade Ray Allen"
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 09:21:54 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

For the vast majority of this season? Right, I see what the problem is here... it's all in the math, you have trouble with your additions and subtractions. It's like the first 30 games or so haven't counted. Also, the last month or so we've been playing with an incomplete roster, or haven't you noticed? So that suddenly is the undeniable representation of what this team is about? Please.

Of course we're not where we want to be at the moment, but give me a break. I swear, people love drawing up conclusions based on flawed logic, premises, and inaccurate facts.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
He was just on NBA gametime on NBATV and said C's aren't going to  trade Ray. Also said BBD is unlikely to be moved and Nate will be the only trade they make.....

Who told him that? Danny? I can't believe that they will blow the opportunity to cash Ray in. Plenty of time till the deadline, folks, 15+ hours. Danny plays everything close to the vest. Ray's being moved. Danny's plan all along.

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 09:25:02 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

I really doubt that focus is the sole explanation for all of the team's problems.  Even if it is, not making any changes probably isn't going to help fix the focus, if losing a bunch of games that they should have won over the past two and a half months wasn't enough.

They haven't looked as sharp as they have in the past.  And it hasn't been all about aging.  They've been making bonehead passes, not boxing out, poor shot selection, basic things that seem fixable.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 09:25:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Ever since the Caron Butler to Dallas trade ... it hasn't looked like anything would happen with Ray Allen.

All those doors appeared closed. No upgrades available.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 09:26:56 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
well nate isnt enough to keep boston in the game. guess we should just enjoy the big 3's last ride  b/c i cant see boston retaining ray allen this summer. his game is slipping and he is going to want more than he is worth