Author Topic: New Topic re the Knicks and Nate  (Read 5160 times)

New Topic re the Knicks and Nate
« on: February 17, 2010, 01:26:54 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
This is kind of a follow up to the Boston, FA Dest and DA post I just did. Here is what we know or have heard rumored:

1. Boston and New York are discussing a NRobinson trade.

2. New York is doing everything they possible can to have two the ability to exercise two max contracts this off season. They are in a major cap sheeding mode.

3. My Logic as a GM tells me I want to land LeBron first or DWade second and a big man ( see Chris Bosh).

4. There is no guarantee they will get anyone but they are doing the smart play by putting themselves "in the position" to try, much like Jerry West did when he went after Shaq a hile back; West basically gutted his team to be in position to at least try for Shaq, before he had any gurantee that Shaq would even come.

5. If I am confident I can land Bosh, why am I paying David Lee $10+ mil a year for, I just need a decent back up and I'll worry about filling in all the other role positions after I land my two guys. If you have LeBron or Wade and Bosh, quality guys will be lining up to come play on the cheap in the big apple in the big show.   

Therefore, if I'm Boston, I try to increase the size of the deal as follows:

Ray, who will be bought out on a wink, wink deal, and return to Boston in 30 days after a nice break and recoup session from Doc grinding him into the ground again this year.

House, S. Williams and Bill Walker.

For Eddie Curry, David Lee, Nate and Wilson Chandler.
If Nate's a head case, he's done this year anyway

I can put Eddie Curry on a fat farm this year and he's an expiring next year which will be worth trade value for another move if he's a head case too.

I'm after Wilson Chandler and David Lee as two guys that get me over the top for the next two seasons and are building blocks along with Perk and Rondo as KG and Pierce wind down.

Perkins / Rasheed / Baby
KG / Lee / Baby / Scal
Pierce / Chandler / Scal
Ray / Marquis / Giddens
Rondo / Nate       

We win rings.

When KG and Pierce fade, we look like

Perkins, Lee,Chandler and Rondo > Add Durant to that, add some salt and pepper, and away we go.

For New York?
1. Clear Cap with Curry gone and Ray bought out
2. Lee will be gone anyway or they will not be paying him big bucks if Bosh is there, they'll need a good back up
3. If they have LeBron and Bosh in house, they can easily replace Chandler
4. Nate is gone anwyway too.

Shelden is a good potential back up Power forward center, Bill Walker a good tough young small forward, and a nice role palying shooting guard in House.

Free agent center
Bosh / S Williams
Danillo / Harrington
LeBron
Duhon

sign a few free agents, immedaite title contenders in one off season.

Re: New Topic re the Knicks and Nate
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 01:31:21 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Scooby - I want some of what you are drinking and smoking:

Bill Walker is a good tough young small forward? How many minutes has he played in the NBA, 200? How are you coming to this conclusion about a guy who never plays?

Shelden is a good, potential backup power forward/center? If so, why isn't he playing at all now for the Celts?

I like your creativity, but think it is much more fantasy than reality.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 01:35:34 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Scooby you be trippin!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 01:36:57 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Ruh-roh.

BTW, I'm guessing (hoping?) that this interest in Robinson is classic Ainge misdirection. You'll notice that now there are reports of the Lakers being interested, where that wasn't the case less than 24 hours ago.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 01:43:01 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Esé, you loco.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 01:44:28 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
BTW, I'm guessing (hoping?) that this interest in Robinson is classic Ainge misdirection. You'll notice that now there are reports of the Lakers being interested, where that wasn't the case less than 24 hours ago.

I dont know, this seems far enough along that it is more than smoke screen & misdirection...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 01:46:25 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Ruh-roh.

You are my hero right now. 

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 01:47:02 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I love how your theories always have us magically landing either Wade or Durant.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
EDITED. No personal mean-spirited attacks. Official Warning.

-IP
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:05:24 PM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 02:06:45 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Rofl @ buelllj's post. I saw that.

I don't think the Knicks take that trade.

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
ok ill be nicer.. this trade doesnt work  ::)

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 03:05:19 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
LOL, those are some classic responses. Whatchu talkin' bout MattG12, I gave the Knicks LeBron this time! Give me some credit man!

Vinnie, can't we say Walker is at least a 3rd string small forward worth taking a shot on for cheap. He plays aggressive and has some potential. I don't think he's a second stringer right now but I'd still keep him in the wings for cheap at 3rd string, that's all I mean.

But seriously, why not swing for the fences all the time? You generally fall short of that, that's life.

And I'm not so sure New York doesn't take that deal:

1. Think about it, what are they trying to do? Clear all cap possible, RIGHT NOW.

2. Why? A STATED GOAL of being "in position" two sign two max free agents this off season.

3. Who are the free agents? You need big and small ideally. Therefoer the logical targets are LeBron or Wade and then Bosh.

4. Why for LeBron? Stated goal of being the biggest money making athlete of all time, basically his ego. Marketing opps in New York, playing on the biggest stage in the biggest marketing city. Logical.

5. If you land LeBron, how difficult do you think it is to then land Bosh? No very...

6. If you have LeBron and Bosh at PF, why do I need to resign David Lee for big money? I don't. I need all the money I can get to sign good role players behind my studs.

7. Whcih means I need to get rid of who? Eddie Curry Ideally.

8. Whos' going to take Curry? Only someone with a big expiring contract.

9. Also for New York, Chandler is highly replaceable by Al Harrington, Nate is gone and so is Lee unless they want to pay him some nice change. And again you don't need him if you have Bosh. And yes I do think Shelden is a decent back up even though he;s not playing on Boston right now. Everybody needs a decent 3rd string back up pf/center. These are just "pieces" for NY.

10. Bonus? Shelden also expires this off season.

11. They get a little minny microwave in EHouse.

Now, for Boston:

1. Curry is on the fat farm this year and next for all I care and his contract is a valuable trade chip next year as it's expiring along with Pierce's. That's alot of cabbage to negotiate with at the trade deadline next season.

2. Nate can hit the road if he's a head case this year casue he's expiring too. Meanwhile, he certainly can drive and dish on our second unit this year and score some in bunches.

3. Chandler is a very nice back up for Pierce.

4. David Lee gives us a great young infusion of energy into our front line and also expires at the end of this season.

Our lineup:

Perkins / Rasheed / Baby
KG / David Lee / Scal
Pierce / Chandler
Ray / Marquis / Giddens
Rondo / Nate

= championship

New York?

Mid level >Free agent center
Bosh / Shelden
Danillo / Harrinton
LeBron / House
Duhon / Free agent signing

That is a title contender and they know Boston is only good for another year or two as direct competition so it's no big deal to move the players to tem as far as long term.

Have a changed anybody's mind yet or am I still smokin it pretty good! LOL

C'maaaaaaaan. Fire away!  :)

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 05:54:57 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
THE TRADE DOESNT WORK FOR SALARY CAP REASONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( please look up how it works!

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 05:57:35 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
THE TRADE DOESNT WORK FOR SALARY CAP REASONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( please look up how it works!

Just don't read the thread. He obviously isn't listening to you.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 05:58:23 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
Now form Yahoo

The Boston Celtics remain in deep talks with the New York Knicks in hopes of acquiring Nate Robinson, but no deal is expected to be finalized until Thursday, league sources with knowledge of the negotiations told Yahoo! Sports.

The Celtics now appear to be the only team interested in acquiring Robinson, and the Knicks are intent on moving him. But the guard’s base-year status – in addition to the $1 million bonus he’ll be owed for reaching the playoffs with Boston – has complicated a possible deal. Sources say the Knicks are seeking only expiring contracts for Robinson and aren’t demanding a first-round draft pick.

In addition, the Knicks might need to send another player with an expiring contract, in addition to Robinson, to make the deal work. The Celtics would likely waive the other player. Possible Celtics who could be involved in the deal include guard Eddie House, forward Brian Scalabrine, guard Tony Allen, swingman J.R. Giddens and swingman Bill Walker.

As Yahoo! Sports reported on Jan. 15, the Celtics have expressed interest in Robinson ever since his agent asked the Knicks to trade the three-time dunk champion. Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni benched Robinson for almost the entire month of December.