Author Topic: crazy idea: get Amare AND JRich  (Read 11087 times)

Re: crazy idea: get Amare AND JRich
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 12:09:17 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Richardson and Amare would be great running-mates for Rondo, while Pierce, KG and Wallace can help with spacing and defense.

Tommy T is having heartburn right now.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 12:09:43 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
So, if I make up an official sounding name and Twit to CB that Joe Johnson is damanding a trade and the Hawks are interested in Ray, someone else might post it here?

Cool!

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 12:11:18 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Also, would you really be OK with Stoudemire as your starting center? The guy doesn't play D at all, which is what Perks brings to the table...

I'd be OK with him as my center (for the remainder of the year at least) provided that we had Sheed off the bench to defend Shaq & Howard. I think we're fine against all the other centers.

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 12:13:57 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
How does Perkins fit the Suns needs for a PF/C who can run up and down the floor.  Phoenix plays up tempo.  I am not sure that is Perk's strong suit.  Hickson, even witha ll of his short comings is the most athletic big that is currently being offered.

I have already posted why Z is such a tempting expiring deal in other threads.  You only have to pay him 2.5 million this year and his conract removes 10 million from your cap.  That is a huge financial benefit to a team that is very cash strapped

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 12:14:16 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Also, would you really be OK with Stoudemire as your starting center? The guy doesn't play D at all, which is what Perks brings to the table...

I'd be OK with him as my center (for the remainder of the year at least) provided that we had Sheed off the bench to defend Shaq & Howard. I think we're fine against all the other centers.

May encounter problems with Shaq and Dwight. But Shaq is old and slow, He'd have a tougher time guarding either KG or Amare. And Dwight is limited offensively. But against everyone else Celtics will have upper hand. You'd still have Sheed, and Baby if you need bigger bodies.

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 12:15:02 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Perk + Ray for Amare + JRich?  It sounds like a made-up rumor, but if it has legs, I'd probably pull the trigger at this point.

Scary, but really hard not to. At this point we're still #1 in defense but middle of teh pack in offense.

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 12:16:46 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
So, if I make up an official sounding name and Twit to CB that Joe Johnson is damanding a trade and the Hawks are interested in Ray, someone else might post it here?

Cool!

pretty much
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 12:18:38 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Cool!

Eh, that's too much effort.  Just call up a radio station, and say that you heard that Joe Johnson is coming to Boston.  I am sure it will catch on quickly.

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 12:20:05 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
How does Perkins fit the Suns needs for a PF/C who can run up and down the floor.  Phoenix plays up tempo.  I am not sure that is Perk's strong suit.  Hickson, even witha ll of his short comings is the most athletic big that is currently being offered.

I have already posted why Z is such a tempting expiring deal in other threads.  You only have to pay him 2.5 million this year and his conract removes 10 million from your cap.  That is a huge financial benefit to a team that is very cash strapped

Wait how come the Suns would only have to pay Ilgauskas 2.5 million?

Anyway, sign me up for this deal, if it can happen. Richardson and Amare would look great filling the lanes with Rondo pushing.

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 12:20:56 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
How does Perkins fit the Suns needs for a PF/C who can run up and down the floor. 

The same way that Kurt Thomas used to aid them so well. A good enforcer, player who likes to play on the block and a decent rebounder who could assist the rest of the team who isn't interested in doing such things. They might also have legit interest in resigning Ray at a much lower amount and having their miracle medical staff go to work on him.

I'm not paying the bills for Phoenix but it makes a lot of basketball sense for them.

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 12:26:13 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Z has already been paid the majority of his salary this year.  He got a check at the beginning o the season for half of it and I think about 25% of it was paid after last season.  I don't completely understand the inner workings of the contract and CBA to explain this well.  Brian Windhorst, the Cavs beat writer has explained it well before in the past.

As for a trade making good basketball sense between two teams...whe the last time that happened?  Trades are about money now-a-days, plain and simple.  I'm not saying that that's the right way to do things, but it is the way it is right now.

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 12:27:17 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Does anyone know where the line is drawn where the team has to fork over the luxury tax money? For instance, did we already pay our 09-10 money or will it depend on our final roster for this season?

Because this deal would be very interesting, but JRich would be a big bump in our salary next season.

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 12:28:37 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Z has already been paid the majority of his salary this year.  He got a check at the beginning o the season for half of it and I think about 25% of it was paid after last season.  I don't completely understand the inner workings of the contract and CBA to explain this well.  Brian Windhorst, the Cavs beat writer has explained it well before in the past.

As for a trade making good basketball sense between two teams...whe the last time that happened?  Trades are about money now-a-days, plain and simple.  I'm not saying that that's the right way to do things, but it is the way it is right now.

I agree.  But wouldn't a trade that also gets Richardson off the books be more valuable then?  This C's proposal (which I don't believe, but is fun to discuss) would save them $5 million this season ($10 million with luxury tax), and then significantly more next season.  If the goal is to save cash, then the C's deal is the winner.

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 12:33:17 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Just do it 4 Rondo. Rondo could use Amare, and even JRich. It's sad watching Rondo be the first up the court, just to wait for Perk, KG, Pierce, and Ray.

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 12:41:40 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Does anyone know where the line is drawn where the team has to fork over the luxury tax money? For instance, did we already pay our 09-10 money or will it depend on our final roster for this season?

Because this deal would be very interesting, but JRich would be a big bump in our salary next season.

I believe it is not assessed until the end of the regular season, thus all these teams scrambling to get under the tax line before the deadline.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)