Author Topic: Knicks/Rockets Deal Not as Close as Reported? (Updated & Merged)  (Read 11075 times)

Re: Knicks, Rockets Nearing Deal That Includes Jeffries, Hill
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 03:56:41 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Do LeBron/Bosh take slightly less to go to Ny together?

Nope...do you honestly believe LeBron is going to take a paycut, heading into the prime of his career?

He'd recoup any lost pay in all sorts of advertising deals.

LeBron in NYC = mad money.

Why would Chris Bosh accept a secondary role just to play with LeCrab dribble?? Bosh might be the best BigMan in the game right now. And it a matter of time before he is considered for MVP's. LeCrab Dribble will steal his thunder if Bosh goes to the same team. LeCrab Dribble tried his best to steal the MVP from D-Wade at ASG, but he FAILED!!!!

Maybe Celtics can land Bosh. You can always dream, Right?

For some unsubstantiated reason, I think Bosh would thrive ina role where he was the 2nd scoring option (see KG and Gasol after they were traded).

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 12:48:00 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Can you imagine what happens in NYC if they swing and miss on Lebron, Wade, Bosh, etc. after clearing all this space.

Seems we're going to find out.

Quote from: Chris Mannix
The New York Knicks are finalizing a deal to acquire Houston Rockets forward Tracy McGrady.

The framework of the deal involves sending McGrady to New York for forward Jared Jeffries, guard Larry Hughes and forward Jordan Hill. The Knicks and Rockets have agreed to swap 2011 first round picks and the Knicks will send the Rockets their first round pick in 2012.

The only outstanding issues involve protection for the draft picks. The deal could be completed as early as tomorrow.

Morey may have just netted the Rockets a pair of lottery picks.

Although, according to Marc Stein, Chicago remains a possibility.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:54:28 AM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 12:51:28 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Can you imagine what happens in NYC if they swing and miss on Lebron, Wade, Bosh, etc. after clearing all this space.

Seems we're going to find out.

Quote from: Chris Mannix
The New York Knicks are finalizing a deal to acquire Houston Rockets forward Tracy McGrady.

The framework of the deal involves sending McGrady to New York for forward Jared Jeffries, guard Larry Hughes and forward Jordan Hill. The Knicks and Rockets have agreed to swap 2011 first round picks and the Knicks will send the Rockets their first round pick in 2012.

The only outstanding issues involve protection for the draft picks.

Morey may have just netted the Rockets a pair of lottery picks.

They're close.

I think Coon's article says that with capholds in effect, they'll still be about $1.7 million short of offering two max deals.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2010, 01:03:31 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Owing the Rockets both the team's 2011 and 2012 draft picks puts even more pressure on New York to bring in at least one of James or Wade. Who are the worst two players New York can settle for? Bosh and Joe Johnson (Celticsblog Draft Houston Rockets shout-out!) Carlos Boozer and Rudy Gay?

Should be a fun off-season.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:11:36 AM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 01:16:09 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I think Knicks fans are going to be disappointed.

I hope Jordan Hill becomes a star in Houston.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

new york front runner for mcgrady, good for us
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 09:10:10 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/knicks-bulls-fighting-for-star-mcgrady-328797.html

good news for us.
if mcgrady goes to the knicks chicago will be looking right at ray allen's expiring.

hopefully we can pry my man loul out of them in a salary dump deal.

Re: new york front runner for mcgrady, good for us
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 09:46:35 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
bad for us, if the knicks shed jared jeffries in the deal. just pray the rockets take a lot of talent back from them.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 09:50:39 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/knicks-bulls-fighting-for-star-mcgrady-328797.html

good news for us.
if mcgrady goes to the knicks chicago will be looking right at ray allen's expiring.

hopefully we can pry my man loul out of them in a salary dump deal.

Let's all hope so. Luol and Tyrus plus Robinson (if that gets done) would put us right back in the hunt.

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2010, 09:54:31 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
bad for us, if the knicks shed jared jeffries in the deal. just pray the rockets take a lot of talent back from them.
The Knicks are trying to shed as much salary as possible. If they could they would trade everyone who doesn't have an expiring contract. They want to do a deal with us because it saves them money this year and they would get a pick. Doesn't matter who else they shed before our deal.

It is good for us because the more people are traded, the more possible buyouts. The more buyouts the more options to sign with our last roster spot.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2010, 10:07:40 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
The Knicks are trying to shed as much salary as possible. If they could they would trade everyone who doesn't have an expiring contract. They want to do a deal with us because it saves them money this year and they would get a pick. Doesn't matter who else they shed before our deal.

It is good for us because the more people are traded, the more possible buyouts. The more buyouts the more options to sign with our last roster spot.

the knicks are trying to shed salary? ya think?

i was commenting on artic 3.0's post regarding the rockets trading for mcgrady being "good for us". if it means jeffries is freed from the knicks payroll, i don't agree with that.

other than this obvious point i really have no idea what you're talking about. larry hughes is likely to be bought out by either the knicks or rockets, no matter which team he's on. 

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Knicks, Rockets Nearing Deal That Includes Jeffries, Hill (Merged)
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
LOL, pump those brakes a bit.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/56171/rockets_leaning_toward_keeping_mcgrady

24 hours to go, and GMs are playing chicken. The grand dance.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

McGrady Might Not Leave Houston
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 05:06:35 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64785/20100217/rockets_may_not_trade_t_mac/

I don't know if this has already been posted but if this true I think it is possible Ray could end up in NY.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

Re: McGrady Might Not Leave Houston
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 05:08:15 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64785/20100217/rockets_may_not_trade_t_mac/

I don't know if this has already been posted but if this true I think it is possible Ray could end up in NY.

Only if they agree to buy Ray out because they have no wing pieces that they are willing to give up that would help us.

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 05:10:55 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

Only if they agree to buy Ray out because they have no wing pieces that they are willing to give up that would help us.

Agreed. But I meant in a three way trade. My idea:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yfjvwnc
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 05:13:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Alright, it makes a little more sense now after reading this.

Contrary to previous reports, the Knicks are unwilling to put their lottery pick Jordan Hill in the trade.

Since the Rockets do not have a better offer from the Bulls, Houston may be keeping the door open to retaining McGrady as a way of forcing the Knicks to include Hill or otherwise upgrade their offer before Thursday's deadline.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team