Author Topic: Are you serious?Rumor: Perk/Allen for Ellis/Biedrins  (Read 23599 times)

Re: Are you serious?Rumor: Perk/Allen for Ellis/Biedrins
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2010, 05:15:11 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11856
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Biedrins is a soft player on defense. No way he could defend Shaq/Lopez/Howard the way Perk does one on one. Suddenly we have to double the center and that allows their outside shooters to go crazy.   Celtics will never get past Cavs with Shaq and Orlando with Howard without Perk.  Very bad trade.  stupid rumor.  Giving up Perk is bad idea. 

« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2010, 05:27:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
Biedrins is a soft player on defense. No way he could defend Shaq/Lopez/Howard the way Perk does one on one. Suddenly we have to double the center and that allows their outside shooters to go crazy.   Celtics will never get past Cavs with Shaq and Orlando with Howard without Perk.  Very bad trade.  stupid rumor.  Giving up Perk is bad idea. 

Other than Sheed is a good defender for those, and Baby is also a capable defender against those two. And you have Garnett around helping out if needed.

Not saying that I will make this trade, but wouldn't be so worried about that.

Biendris is certainly worth thinking about, and I think he and Rondo can do quite well together, and speed up our offense for easy buckets, and if Ellis is also around, it will help in that regard too.

The defensive side of the equation is certainly a concern, but I don't know I don't think it will be that much of an issue.

« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2010, 05:54:34 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
I would be interested to see if Biedrins could improve his defense playing on a team like the Celtics and under a coach like Tom Thibodeau. If he could get his defense up to a solid level, then I think he'd be the superior player over Perkins.

Based on both players recent performances though, I think Perkins contributions are more valuable than Biedrins.

« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
The thing is, we trade strength for finesse. Perk is a paint warrior, but Biedrins? Much more athletic to be sure and probably a better leaper. I seriously doubt Biedrins out rebounds Perk. If we were a true running team, this would be ok. We are not and it will hurt. There is no way IMO that Baby and Sheed make up for the loss of Perk in the post. KG if younger/healthier would make up the difference but he is not and will not.

Ellis certainly has upside, but is he going to listen and commit, heart and soul to Doc's system? Will he get along with Rondo? Will he defer to Pierce and KG? Will he be a potential locker room problem? 

There are better deals out there IMO. I think we missed the boat on the Wizards deal, most likely because Danny gambled and lost on the Wizards position.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2010, 06:17:06 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Biedrins is on another level when it comes to rebounding vs. Perk.

« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2010, 06:31:13 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
ahhhhh I cannot wait for the trade deadline to pass. I'm debating just playing NBA 2k10 and just watching games and letting the chips fall where they will.

EDIT: Actually I will probably just do that anyways.

i have already talked myself into the fact that i dont think boston will make a deal.

we know you say that every other post  ;)

i am more concerned on how this team can get better with what they have now. too much talent to keep blowing big leads. they should have 40 wins right now....easily.

but they don't...  "should have" and "do have" are two different worlds.  this team looks old and beat up...they lose leads late and have looked mediocre.  they need an injection and ellis, morrow and biedrins would be a very nice deal.  i'm all for this deal, if it were to happen...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2010, 07:42:53 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
yeah, i do this!  ellis is 24 and biedrens is 23.  this team gets younger and still talented all at once!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2010, 07:53:13 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
If the deal is really Ray+Perk for Ellis+Biedrins+Morrow, you have to do it from the Cs point of view from a talent perspective alone.  And you, faithful reader of celticsblog, have to discount your view of Ray and Perk by about 10%.

Now, while the Cs win on talent, I think they basically shoot themselves in the foot.  I believe the Cs still have a 2 year window with KG (I am still a believer that he and PP can get it together for this year).  Trading Ray for someone who can step right in and contribute but is younger makes some sense (ie: Kevin Martin), but the trade for the 3 GSW players involves too much shuffle to the roster that I doubt it would work.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2010, 01:33:43 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
FrustratedBasketballEngineer says you are gambling with Monte Ellis Rajon Rondo chemistry issues. All you need is two hard headed PGs working against each other and the problems multiply. Also Biedrens might give you more offensive potential inside but it goes for naught if Rondo and Ellis don't give you the ball.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2010, 01:38:37 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
FrustratedBasketballEngineer says you are gambling with Monte Ellis Rajon Rondo chemistry issues. All you need is two hard headed PGs working against each other and the problems multiply. Also Biedrens might give you more offensive potential inside but it goes for naught if Rondo and Ellis don't give you the ball.

TP for logic!
Rondo at 6'1" + Ellis at 6'3" = tiny backcourt. Bigger backcourts (the Lakers... heck, even the Clippers) would brutalize them.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman