Author Topic: Sacramento Kings 2018-19 Season Watch Thread  (Read 124433 times)

Re: Sacramento Kings 2018-19 Season Watch Thread
« Reply #600 on: January 10, 2019, 02:06:08 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
We need the kings to keep losing because I’m starting to doubt that Grizzlies pick will convey, its top 8 protected and they’re looking real bad.
Grizzlies pick is right where we want it, rolling over would be fantastic in my opinion but if we do get it this year we need it to be top ten we have so many picks another teens pick does little to move the needle.

If that Griz pick rolls over I think all of a sudden it becomes more than a throw in to an AD deal but becomes a pretty big asset, maybe one that allows us to substitute Tatum with a Brown and Williams, especially if the Kings pick could get into the 10 area. Depends if the Pelicans have interest in a 5 year full rebuild or if they want a quick reshuffle and try to make the playoffs in 2-3.
I’d rather trade Tatum than Brown plus Williams.
I feel like Williams becomes pretty expendable if we got Davis. This means its trading Jaylen or Tatum from our perspective. So even though I consider myself the leader of the Jaylen brown fan club, I would still rather move Jaylen if we got to keep Tatum.

I would not be so glib.  Williams has great upside especially on the defensive end.  Especially as Horford gets older. And it's not like we will have a shortage of scoring, with Kyrie and Davis getting 45-50/Per Game, you still have Horford, Hayward, Brown and bench filler to supplement.  I'm not as high on Tatum's upside as others here. I frankly still think the jury is out as to who will be a better overall player in the NBA long term, Tatum or Brown. Brown's biggest drawback is his poor free throw shooting. I could see Danny wanting to hold onto Williams, the way he insisted on keeping Rondo during the KG trade with Minn.

I wasn't trying to be glib. I also am pretty high on Williams, but I view him as a Center. I also view Davis as a center. I feel like we are wasting a valuable asset in Williams if we try to force him out of his position, or only give him Davis' leftovers.

A similar argument can be made about Tatum and Brown. While theoretically Brown fits between a kyrie/ad/hayward trio better than Tatum, most around the league believe Tatum is the superior product. He has more value than Brown, and thats just how it is.

If we do end up trading for AD, I would love to keep one of Tatum or Brown. Both would fit a different but integral role on our hypothetical contender.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:11:56 PM by A Future of Stevens »
#JKJB

« Reply #601 on: January 10, 2019, 02:19:33 PM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
We need the kings to keep losing because I’m starting to doubt that Grizzlies pick will convey, its top 8 protected and they’re looking real bad.
Grizzlies pick is right where we want it, rolling over would be fantastic in my opinion but if we do get it this year we need it to be top ten we have so many picks another teens pick does little to move the needle.

If that Griz pick rolls over I think all of a sudden it becomes more than a throw in to an AD deal but becomes a pretty big asset, maybe one that allows us to substitute Tatum with a Brown and Williams, especially if the Kings pick could get into the 10 area. Depends if the Pelicans have interest in a 5 year full rebuild or if they want a quick reshuffle and try to make the playoffs in 2-3.
I feel like Williams becomes pretty expendable if we got Davis. This means its trading Jaylen or Tatum from our perspective. So even though I consider myself the leader of the Jaylen brown fan club, I would still rather move Jaylen if we got to keep Tatum.

I would not be so glib.  Williams has great upside especially on the defensive end.  Especially as Horford gets older. And it's not like we will have a shortage of scoring, with Kyrie and Davis getting 45-50/Per Game, you still have Horford, Hayward, Brown and bench filler to supplement.  I'm not as high on Tatum's upside as others here. I frankly still think the jury is out as to who will be a better overall player in the NBA long term, Tatum or Brown. Brown's biggest drawback is his poor free throw shooting. I could see Danny wanting to hold onto Williams, the way he insisted on keeping Rondo during the KG trade with Minn.

I wasn't trying to be glib. I also am pretty high on Williams, but I view him as a Center. I also view Davis as a center. I feel like we are wasting a valuable asset in Williams if we try to force him out of his position, or only give him Davis' leftovers.

A similar argument can be made about Tatum and Brown. While theoretically Brown fits between a kyrie/ad/hayward trio better than Tatum, most around the league believe Tatum is the superior product. He has more value than Brown, and thats just how it is.

If we do end up trading for AD, I would love to keep one of Tatum or Brown. Both would fit a different but integral role on our hypothetical contender.

I agree with you here hard to play both together and fully utilize AD, with Williams on the floor AD would be forced to be more of a floor spacer because you can't run the pick and roll with AD the other big man defender is in the paint.

I definitely don't see Williams as just a throw in to an AD package, I think he is a solid asset and could definitely become a force on both ends of the floor if he learns the game. With that said I try to do everything I can to keep Tatum in a trade for AD.

And as much as I love Brown, i haven't seen enough of an improvement in the last 16 months to believe he will be anything other than a great athletic 3+D guy, no knock on that every team needs that guy and he is better than most but Tatum has top 10 potential and when you can get three top 10 guys on your team you do it.

« Reply #602 on: January 10, 2019, 03:04:40 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

I agree with you here hard to play both together and fully utilize AD, with Williams on the floor AD would be forced to be more of a floor spacer because you can't run the pick and roll with AD the other big man defender is in the paint.

I definitely don't see Williams as just a throw in to an AD package, I think he is a solid asset and could definitely become a force on both ends of the floor if he learns the game. With that said I try to do everything I can to keep Tatum in a trade for AD.

And as much as I love Brown, i haven't seen enough of an improvement in the last 16 months to believe he will be anything other than a great athletic 3+D guy, no knock on that every team needs that guy and he is better than most but Tatum has top 10 potential and when you can get three top 10 guys on your team you do it.

I know I may be in the minority, but Im not sure I see top 10 player potential in Tatum either.

His offense has been inefficient and predictable.

« Reply #603 on: January 10, 2019, 04:42:59 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I know I may be in the minority, but Im not sure I see top 10 player potential in Tatum either.

That isn’t quite true though. His offensive efficiency isn’t as stellar as it was least season, but his splits of 45/37/85 are still very respectable for a 20 year old averaging 16+PPG. The potential is still there for sure. Maybe not top 10, but top 15-20 no doubt.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #604 on: January 10, 2019, 09:29:43 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Blake Griffin’s sitting out tonight (rest), SEGABABA

« Reply #605 on: January 11, 2019, 05:36:56 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Halfway though the season the Kings are now slotted for 13 in the lottery.  I looked at the rest of the Kings schedule which is pretty tough.  I’m predicting 13 more wins so they will have 34 on the season.  If some of the teams 6 through 12 that have between 17 and 20 wins stay at least at their current pace we should finish somewhere in the 6 to 10 range.

I would be happy with that, but we need a little luck to start going our way.

« Reply #606 on: January 11, 2019, 06:10:27 AM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

That isn’t quite true though. His offensive efficiency isn’t as stellar as it was least season, but his splits of 45/37/85 are still very respectable for a 20 year old averaging 16+PPG. The potential is still there for sure. Maybe not top 10, but top 15-20 no doubt.
I think there is a good and a bad that goes along with those numbers, he takes a lot of long tough 2s in ISO, the good here is that he has good shooting splits still even though he takes tougher shots that your average 16ppg scorer, but that is also the bad news he should be able to get better looks being that he isn't the #1 option.

I choose to take that as a positive, he can make tough shots and get his shot off on anyone which is what you need to be a top 10 player, without the talent on our team I think he would be averaging 19-23ppg with similar shooting numbers then you are talking about a future star.

« Reply #607 on: January 11, 2019, 06:43:09 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Halfway though the season the Kings are now slotted for 13 in the lottery.  I looked at the rest of the Kings schedule which is pretty tough.  I’m predicting 13 more wins so they will have 34 on the season.  If some of the teams 6 through 12 that have between 17 and 20 wins stay at least at their current pace we should finish somewhere in the 6 to 10 range.

I would be happy with that, but we need a little luck to start going our way.

Yeah, as soon as February starts, their schedule is murder.  I could see them ending the year going 8-24, but more likely they'll get 12-15 wins.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #608 on: January 13, 2019, 12:47:47 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
SAC (22-21) def. CHA 104-97

currently 13th pick
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:37:59 AM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #609 on: January 13, 2019, 02:45:44 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Frustrating to see kings win.

Hope they can slip to 7-10th area by end of season

Just need more wins from mavs, pistons, magic to help

« Reply #610 on: January 15, 2019, 03:34:55 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
SAC (23-21) def. POR 115-107. POR was on SEGABABA.

T-13th pick with LAL.

« Reply #611 on: January 15, 2019, 04:38:18 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Sacramento is playing quite well. A lot of talent there with Fox, Hield, Bogdanovic, Jackson, Bagley, Giles and Cauley-Stein, while also having a great cap situation. And Joerger is an excellent coach.

We'll just have to see how management will screw things up again  ;D.

« Reply #612 on: January 17, 2019, 09:20:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Hornets beat the kings

Wizards won too. Maybe they can catch up

We desperately need Minnesota, dallas, new Orleans to win some games

« Reply #613 on: January 17, 2019, 09:48:21 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
Hornets beat the kings

Wizards won too. Maybe they can catch up

We desperately need Minnesota, dallas, new Orleans to win some games

New Orleans is finally healthy and would have beat any team in the league besides golden state last night i think. I expect them to win (and they can't afford to not try to win as much as possible, probably buyers).

« Reply #614 on: January 17, 2019, 09:57:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So, is it fair to say that Sacramento won the DMC trade to New Orleans?