Author Topic: Celtics (49-30) at Bucks (45-34) 4/10  (Read 39164 times)

Re: Celtics (49-30) at Bucks (45-34) 4/10
« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2010, 11:19:49 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
What you do know, we put in some effort, and even KG in street clothes was no big deal for the Celtics.

-Rondo started driving in the 2nd half and took over the game, and got himself a double-double in the process. Love it.

-BBD was hustling out there. Clearly it ticked Kurt Thomas and Coach Skiles off. Ha.

-Ray Allen...didn't take a single 3 but somehow got 20+ points. Those 11 FTs probably tell part of the story. Good sign to me.

-Pierce...man, if he plays like he did tonight in the playoffs, the C's definitely can go far in the playoffs.

Let's carry it on to the Bulls and back at the Bucks on Wednesday, and maybe I'll believe this "switch" has been turned on.

« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2010, 11:31:16 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Aside from the obvious Paul, Ray and Rondo....Rasheed and Shelden played solid games tonight. Encouraging.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2010, 11:36:48 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Milwaukee has been playing pretty well since the Bogut injury, too. He only played 12 minutes and they still beat the red hot Suns. So 3.5 and 0 since he went down before tonight.

Davis did great in our small ball lineup as our biggest guy. Thought he played very, very well.

« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2010, 11:42:19 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
I find it revealing that Bill Raftery in his first game knows how to pronounce "Rajon" (even though he is not an NBA announcer) while that self-absorbed Donny "When I played at UConn/Cleveland/etc. let me tell you a story" Marshall can't seem to be bothered. Must be too busy getting his mock turtlenecks fitted.

« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2010, 11:54:07 PM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76
I find it revealing that Bill Raftery in his first game knows how to pronounce "Rajon" (even though he is not an NBA announcer) while that self-absorbed Donny "When I played at UConn/Cleveland/etc. let me tell you a story" Marshall can't seem to be bothered. Must be too busy getting his mock turtlenecks fitted.
I've noticed that every single one of Rajon's teammates pronounce the first syllable as "Ray" though...

« Reply #200 on: April 10, 2010, 11:58:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Little talked about but I though Baby had a great night and Perk was awful, especially his defense. What is with Perk losing guys behind him and going for fakes like he is a rookie? Two games in a row like that.

From the 6 minute mark of the second quarter on this team played very well but they have to stop with the slow offensive starts. They should hope for Milwaukee in the first round, they will get by them pretty easy, like in 5 games.

Strange that after complaining about all their losses that I think it might be a good thing to rest the starters as much as possible and maybe even lose the next two games. It wouls secure a lower draft pick, maybe as low as 3 spots lower and go a long way towards them playing the Bucks rather than the Heat.

« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2010, 06:27:36 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just saw the game. Nice win, I was not optimistic about this one but it stayed close for one half to see us pull over in the 4th, so I like this scenario better than the good starts and the collapses in the 2nd half.

This Milwaukee team is definitely not the same with Bogut and I don't fear them anymore, although they still have shooters who can get hot for a series.

Great game by Pierce (he was due for it), and good games from Ray and Rajon. Perk was pretty bad and Sheed was OK. Baby did some good off the bench along TA.

Cool to see that we can win against a probable 1st round opponent while resting KG.

« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2010, 10:56:13 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Also love the fact Ray got to the line a bunch.  Hopefully we continue seeing that in the playoffs. 

« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2010, 08:28:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Little talked about but I though Baby had a great night and Perk was awful, especially his defense. What is with Perk losing guys behind him and going for fakes like he is a rookie? Two games in a row like that.

From the 6 minute mark of the second quarter on this team played very well but they have to stop with the slow offensive starts. They should hope for Milwaukee in the first round, they will get by them pretty easy, like in 5 games.

Strange that after complaining about all their losses that I think it might be a good thing to rest the starters as much as possible and maybe even lose the next two games. It wouls secure a lower draft pick, maybe as low as 3 spots lower and go a long way towards them playing the Bucks rather than the Heat.
I was noticing the same thing prior to the game --> the C's could finish the season with as low as the 18th pick in the draft.  After the win against the Bucks, I'm not so sure that'll happen but it's mindblowing that if they were in the Western conference they'd be fighting for a playoff spot right now.