Author Topic: I love Lance Stephenson.  (Read 10504 times)

Re: I love Lance Stephenson.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 05:12:09 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Maybe you should ask him out...  8)

Just make sure you do it away from any sets of stairs.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 05:12:30 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I like Stevenson, would look good in Green. I think he stays in Indy though.

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 05:14:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 05:22:47 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I just wish we could put his personality in jeff green...

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 05:33:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Err too late

Blowing in someone's ear ...

Hum.... means they have already been to first base.

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 05:36:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I love his stuff. His agitator mentality, his intensity, the way he interacts with the crowd... I'd love to have him as our starting 2. However, he'd need to have the right pieces around him to keep him from getting out of control. Do we have those pieces now? Can Stevens handle Lance?

Danny's history is that he gets rid of talented knuckleheads.  So we'll never find out.
Danny's history is that he trades for talented knuckleheads, then tries to build up their trade value and flip them.   Ricky Davis and Jordan Crawford were great examples.  Classic "buy low/sell high" strategy.

Lance Stephenson doesn't fit that, because we'd be buying high. 

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 06:16:09 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
if Doc was still coaching here, you could convince me to give him a shot.  Giving him a big money deal and not knowing if Brad can handle his personality is too much of a risk
Greg

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2014, 06:16:26 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I love his stuff. His agitator mentality, his intensity, the way he interacts with the crowd... I'd love to have him as our starting 2. However, he'd need to have the right pieces around him to keep him from getting out of control. Do we have those pieces now? Can Stevens handle Lance?

Danny's history is that he gets rid of talented knuckleheads.  So we'll never find out.
Danny's history is that he trades for talented knuckleheads, then tries to build up their trade value and flip them.   Ricky Davis and Jordan Crawford were great examples.  Classic "buy low/sell high" strategy.

You could probably argue that Paul Pierce falls under that auspice, too.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't want to be the team that gives him a long term big money contract.

Rondo for a S/T of Stephenson could be something Indy would be interested in.

Now whether Celts fans would get behind that is another story.

Personally, though sometimes he can be over the top, I like Stephenson's edge and passion.

I think Rondo would need to be here with Stephenson. Having Stephenson as the main ballhandler isn't the best idea.

Agreed, but in this scenario, Celts would have Stephenson at the 2 and then acquire another PG.

For Indy, they finally get a legit PG and can move Hill over to the 2.

I'd be interested in Stephenson in a low-risk situation. Trading by far our best player and asset (yes, LarBrd, I know you think the #6 is our best asset :0) for him could really set this franchise back if he doesn't behave - it also seems like an overpay. He seems to be the kind of guy who is successful in a winning culture with 'professionals' around him.

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2014, 06:24:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Well Pierce was here when Danny took over.  I just mean to say that Danny seems always willing to take a risk on a buy low/sell high opportunity even if the guy is a bit of a looney toon or has been labelled a bust/washed up.  We brought in Robert Swift.  We brought in Patrick O'Bryant.  We considered bringing in Oden.  We brought in Steph Marbury.  We would have brought in Cousins if we could.  Davis and Crawford were classic buy low/sell high attempts. 

Stephenson's stock is probably inflated right now, though.  He would have made more sense as an Ainge target prior to this season when he was known as a knucklehead with untapped potential and hadn't yet had his break-out season on a playoff team.

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 07:17:00 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
He's an idiot! I agree he has talent but I prefer to hate on him, he's on my top 5 least liked.

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2014, 07:43:19 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I don't think he was every in the Davis/Crawford class of knucklehead though.

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 07:51:08 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I hate Lance Stephenson.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 08:09:06 PM »

Offline djsway104

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 30
I would love to see Bradley on the floor with Lance, but I don't know if that's even feasible.

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2014, 01:04:17 AM »

Offline Rodan45

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
How about:

Draft Marcus Smart

Deal Rondo for Lance

Sign Metta World Peace and JR Smith  ;D

We'd be [dang] entertaining!