Author Topic: Crossroads.  (Read 11447 times)

Re: Crossroads.
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 07:04:37 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Also, presuming we "stand pat" and our below average team stumbles to 36 wins, the 8th seed, the #15 pick and a curb-stomping in the 1st round... I think the "Rondo is fleeing Boston" noise starts getting louder.

There is no "Rondo is fleeing Boston" noise. He's not saying it, his agent isn't saying it, the team isn't saying it and I don't think I've heard any of his friends/family saying it. It's people like you who can't stand him so they invent reasons to get rid of him.

You talk to Rondo and his friends/family/associates often?

No. But you've never heard comments about player's situations coming from their friends/fmaily members?

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 08:14:29 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Have to see what difference rondo makes. Then DA will decide what to do next. I do not think DA wants to miss out on a top 5 pick.

If Ainge is desperate for a top five pick, then he might be better off begging Stevens to overplay Rondo and maximize the probability he gets re-injured, demoralizing the team and giving the Celtics the chance for a double tank job wherein they get a top player this year and a top big man prospect in the 2015 draft.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 08:22:14 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I agree with most of that but if the celtics package humph and sullinger for Josh Smith i'd jump off a cliff.

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 08:26:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
. I think the "Rondo is fleeing Boston" noise starts getting louder.

Not too long ago

http://nba.si.com/2013/10/09/rajon-rondo-commitment-boston-celtics/

Recent news

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1272/rajon-rondo

He is suiting up for us, tomorrow night.   Hardly Fleeing town.  Maybe you dreamed this one up?

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 08:29:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Not too long ago

Recent news

He is suiting up for us, tomorrow night.   Hardly Fleeing town.  Maybe you dreamed this one up?
Maybe you don't understand the distinction between public comments and reality. Not every professional runs their flip mouth to the media like Gerald Wallace when they are upset.

And I wasn't suggesting that Rondo already wants out.  I think that a year of sub-par basketball followed by an offseason of minimal additions will cause him to think long and hard about Greener Pastures.  At that point, you're at risk of losing him...

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2014, 08:34:01 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

Not too long ago

Recent news

Maybe you don't understand the distinction between public comments and reality. Not every professional runs their flip mouth to the media like Gerald Wallace when they are upset.

And I wasn't suggesting that Rondo already wants out.  I think that a year of sub-par basketball followed by an offseason of minimal additions will cause him to think long and hard about Greener Pastures.  At that point, you're at risk of losing him...

Why do you really want to let Rondo go (trade/free agency)? Saw your other posts you just really want to trade Rondo. Am not trying to get into anything just need your opinion.

Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2014, 08:47:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Not too long ago

Recent news

Why do you really want to let Rondo go (trade/free agency)? Saw your other posts you just really want to trade Rondo. Am not trying to get into anything just need your opinion.
I think you need to take advantage of this draft.  Our team is being built around guys under 23 years old... I'm not sure 28 year old Rondo fits.  It seems we either need to combine assets now to get Rondo some players to win now... or we need to trade Rondo for assets that we can use to win later.  It's not that I dislike Rondo.  It's that I think the quickest path to contention involves moving him.

I had similar feelings about Pierce (my favorite player of the modern era) In 2005-2007. Ainge built around PIerce.  Maybe he'll build around Rondo.

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 08:51:53 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
If we lose rondo we will definitely then need 3 stars to propel us. Keep rondo and you only need two. Build around rondo and sully. just my 2 cents.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2014, 09:03:17 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99

Not too long ago

Recent news

I think you need to take advantage of this draft.  Our team is being built around guys under 23 years old... I'm not sure 28 year old Rondo fits.  It seems we either need to combine assets now to get Rondo some players to win now... or we need to trade Rondo for assets that we can use to win later.  It's not that I dislike Rondo.  It's that I think the quickest path to contention involves moving him.

I had similar feelings about Pierce (my favorite player of the modern era) In 2005-2007. Ainge built around PIerce.  Maybe he'll build around Rondo.

PGs usually age fine in the NBA. Think Nash, Parker, Andre Miller, and others; I know you might argue the Rondo's game is dependent on athleticsm, but his game is not like Rose's who flings his body with abandon. He will adapt. I say Rondo will be like Dennis Johnson when he ages.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 09:12:31 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
If we lose rondo we will definitely then need 3 stars to propel us. Keep rondo and you only need two. Build around rondo and sully. just my 2 cents.

True! that's why I keep scratching my head why some of the Cs fans are so eager to trade Rondo

We got Rondo + Sully as the future
we just need a hibbert type of Center and a 3pt assasin which can be cover by AB if he continue to improve
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 09:25:37 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Not too long ago

Recent news

I think you don't see the difference between what you wish was true and reality. What exactly would the "Rondo is fleeing Boston noise" suggest other than Rondo wanting out?

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 10:02:21 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

#5 - There are some who are so high on this draft that they believe every one of those teenagers will have a better career than 28 year old Rajon Rondo.  This is something worth debating.
I find the possibility of this happening very low.

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2014, 10:33:21 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

#5 - There are some who are so high on this draft that they believe every one of those teenagers will have a better career than 28 year old Rajon Rondo.  This is something worth debating.
I find the possibility of this happening very low.

It's all a matter of semantics. Rondo's 27 and has been an all-star the last 4 years, that makes him a former all-star that's past his prime. Those draft picks have a reasonable chance at being an all-star some day, that makes them franchise cornerstones.

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2014, 10:46:47 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
  I think you don't see the difference between what you wish was true and reality. What exactly would the "Rondo is fleeing Boston noise" suggest other than Rondo wanting out?

It might suggest that Chris Broussard has once again tapped his multiple sources, one of which is probably a rumor posted at Bleacher Report.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2014, 11:30:08 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

It might suggest that Chris Broussard has once again tapped his multiple sources, one of which is probably a rumor posted at Bleacher Report.

I'm pretty sure if he reads that same rumor twice he counts that as multiple sources. One source can be his smart phone, the other source can be his laptop.