Author Topic: Poor BBD Glen Davis: please read this  (Read 11557 times)

Re: Poor BBD Glen Davis: please read this
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 11:30:46 PM »

Offline Celticsfan336

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
Was he really hurt?  That would definitely explain the poor play, especially for a kid that loves the playoffs.  I know he was hurt earlier in the year, but I thought he got over it.

Fans though BBD was missing since January.

Really thought, BBD was playing with an injury, Left Knee Patella Tendon strain.

He played with this injury all of February and it took its toll, he had to sit out a few games in the beginning of March.

After that brief rest, Baby had his best month averaging 13 and 7 on 47% shooting on his usual 28-30 minutes per game.

April came and the team went 3-5, everyone wasn't playing up to par.

Maybe his knee acted up again.

Maybe BBD was worn out too.

He's young, he doesn't get worn out unless theres an injury. Same with Rondo.

Ive had patella tendon problems and they act up right when you start feeling healthy, seems like they never heal.

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 11:31:15 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
why would we feel sorry for him after his comments tonight?

screw him. I wont miss his holding the ball until the last second or his shots getting blocked. He sucked and regressed. I don't buy injury, I think he was trying too hard because he was in a contact year. Why else would he take such bad shots and become a blackhole?
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 11:33:28 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Was he really hurt?

If you call eating hamburgers until you gain 15-20 pounds, then yes, he was hurting very much.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 11:34:18 PM »

Offline Celticsfan336

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44

screw him. I wont miss his holding the ball until the last second or his shots getting blocked. He sucked and regressed. I don't buy injury, I think he was trying too hard because he was in a contact year. Why else would he take such bad shots and become a blackhole?

He did take terrible shots lately, and missed them brutally.
But he has not "regressed" he was playing his best ball early in this season. He defiently wasn't 100% healthy.
And I found nothing wrong with his post game interview, he said he wanted to show his talents to the world. Sure, he doesnt say all the right things like Jeff Green...but, not for nothing do you not think he knows what Celtics fans think about him right now?
Especially for an emotional guy, our comments didn't help him.

But boy oh boy, remeber his comments at the begining of the series?
did they backfire...............

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 11:36:10 PM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40

But he has not "regressed" he was playing his best ball early in this season. He defiently wasn't 100% healthy.
And I found nothing wrong with his post game interview, he said he wanted to show his talents to the world. Sure, he doesnt say all the right things like Jeff Green...but, not for nothing do you not think he knows what Celtics fans think about him right now?

His comments may have backfired in the fact that we lost, but he was correct in saying that our bench is better; its not even close.

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 11:41:41 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

His comments may have backfired in the fact that we lost, but he was correct in saying that our bench is better; its not even close.

I'm talking about his post game comments where he said he wants a larger role or something like that.

I know what he did at the beginning of the season, it was solid. But imo, he was forcing the issue to prove himself
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 11:46:59 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
I dislike baby's game before this series.  I dislike baby's game after this series.  GoodBye, please find a "larger role" on another NBA team! 

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 12:00:45 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
re: his post-game comments...what was he supposed to say? i have no issue with his statements. while i didn't like his play the last few months, i gotta believe there was an injury involved, because he cost himself some money. pre-january, he was looking at a MLE level deal. Now? Maybe $1-2m less/year.

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 01:00:29 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I hope he signs somewhere and starts... so that KG can make him cry and tear him apart. I can't feel sorry for a guy who clearly doesn't get it and clearly didn't play up to the team's expectations.

Doc Rivers told him that last years loss in the Finals was partially his fault because of his childish injury to start the year. He said that guys had to play more minutes than they should have because of it.

See you later Baby

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 01:13:16 AM »

Offline Dunn

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
Doc losses me if he said that, because C's went 23-5 and Rasheed and Sheldon were playing great. Remember, when Glen Davis returned, the team lost three in a row as Sheldon was regulated to the bench. Some fans were asking for Sheldon back, but that was insane then of course. So if Doc said that he doesn't know what he's talking about because while Baby was out starters actually got to rest in the 4th quarter.

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 06:18:33 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Doc losses me if he said that, because C's went 23-5 and Rasheed and Sheldon were playing great. Remember, when Glen Davis returned, the team lost three in a row as Sheldon was regulated to the bench. Some fans were asking for Sheldon back, but that was insane then of course. So if Doc said that he doesn't know what he's talking about because while Baby was out starters actually got to rest in the 4th quarter.

Shelden Williams?  LOL

I'll always remember Shelden for his playoff performance, which was much worse than Baby's (and it appears Baby was injured, but Shelden wasn't).
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 07:01:20 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Perhaps Davis was hurt because he's so darn fat. You can't put that kind of weight on your legs forever and play ball. One of these days somethings going to go wrong.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 07:10:08 AM »

Offline IrishGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
Ship him off to the D-League. Useless all post season.

Pie.

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 08:27:54 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Glen "Big Baby" Davis has never been one of the 5 best players on this team, and as such his playing time designated him as a role player.  Yet...

-He rarely knows his role (and acknowledged not knowing it).
-He became increasingly focused on "getting his"
-He stated numerous times that "its a business, I'll go where I get paid the most.  No loyalties, its all about the money."
-He thought he was better than he was.
-He was the WORST jump shooter (37%) on the team (worse than Rondo) yet took the 2nd most on the team (behind KG).
-Routinely took shots instead of passing to 4 all-stars around him.
-Lacked discipline to control his weight, and actually GAINED weight during the season.
-Had to have weight-clauses built into his contract due to lack of discipline.
-Stopped taking charges as the season went along.
-Is a poor rebounder.
-Proved he is not a starter in this league.
...and the list goes on.

But the following one true fact remains:  As a net sum for his career, Glen Davis has been one of the biggest liabilities & statistical dropoffs this team has had.  And he has done this while being a role player. 

You can talk about his dropoff in play the past month, and how "great" he supposedly was prior to that.  And you can reminisce about his play the past few years.  But when you look at the true numbers, the Celtics have done MUCH better when he is NOT on the floor (http://www.82games.com/1011/1011BOS.HTM). 

He played the 4th most minutes on the team this past season (which I blame Danny & Doc for), and yet had the 12th highest simple rating directly attributed to production.  That is an inexcusable lack of depth obtained by Danny.

It is not pure coincidence that the only game the Celtics won against the Heat this series was the game Shaq played in and Davis only played 10 minutes (and took 1 shot, which was soundly rejected). 

The Celtics are, and always would have been, better off with someone else coming off the bench.  All production aside, at least that player would focus less on "getting his", would be more mature, would stay in basketball shape, and wouldn't be the focus on a team with 4 all-stars. 

Thanks for the minutes Glen, but I'll be opening the champagne when you're replaced.

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 08:40:14 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I haven't been a huge fan of Davis but I'd be ok if they brought him or Krstic back because I'd like someone on the team that could play a lot of minutes in case of injuries or to rest people (I'm talking about the regular season).