Author Topic: Nice Hands, JO  (Read 11421 times)

Re: Nice Hands, JO
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2010, 05:35:53 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Why is everyone so quick to rip JO. I really dont understand it. He's been out 19 straight games and had like one practice to get back into the swing of things. Nate Robinson building his house out of bricks on 13 shots certainly was the biggest factor in the C's loss yesterday. The second was probably Shaq playing only 12 minutes.

Not to pick on DA who I love, but the JO signing is not even clost to being his worst move.  Off the top of my head, acquiring Marcus Banks, Sebastian Telfair, Scal or Marbury all compete with the JO signing if JO is a bust (which he isn't yet). 

Because a lot of us never believed he would be good for this team. His performance yesterday didn't cost the team the game, but I think he was a mistake signing in my opinion.

I remember how he was mocked by a lot of people on this board for how he performed against the Celtics last year. Should we just forget last year's performance? Should we forget that he is always injured? I think this was perhaps the worst move DA has made with the Celtics.

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2010, 05:39:37 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Why is everyone so quick to rip JO. I really dont understand it. He's been out 19 straight games and had like one practice to get back into the swing of things. Nate Robinson building his house out of bricks on 13 shots certainly was the biggest factor in the C's loss yesterday. The second was probably Shaq playing only 12 minutes.

Not to pick on DA who I love, but the JO signing is not even clost to being his worst move.  Off the top of my head, acquiring Marcus Banks, Sebastian Telfair, Scal or Marbury all compete with the JO signing if JO is a bust (which he isn't yet).  

Because a lot of us never believed he would be good for this team. His performance yesterday didn't cost the team the game, but I think he was a mistake signing in my opinion.

I remember how he was mocked by a lot of people on this board for how he performed against the Celtics last year. Should we just forget last year's performance? Should we forget that he is always injured? I think this was perhaps the worst move DA has made with the Celtics.

quoted for truth

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2010, 05:50:48 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
JO is a no lose situation as far as I am concerned.  The biggest difference between JO and Sheed is that we needed Sheed -- and I don't mean Game 7.  We needed Sheed all year and throughou the playoffs.  JO is insurance. If all goes to plan, JO won't be needed. Hoefully he'll provide gravy if he gets up to speed, but the big idea is for Perk and Shaq to take most/all of the 5 minutes and KG and Baby to take most/all of the 4 minutes.  Give the guy time to get healthy and then we'll see if he can contribute.

I don't think Danny paid two years of MLE for "insurance". 

But based on O'Neal's history, it's really hard to figure out what Danny was paying for.

Jermaine must have great job interview skills.

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
JO is a no lose situation as far as I am concerned.  The biggest difference between JO and Sheed is that we needed Sheed -- and I don't mean Game 7.  We needed Sheed all year and throughou the playoffs.  JO is insurance. If all goes to plan, JO won't be needed. Hoefully he'll provide gravy if he gets up to speed, but the big idea is for Perk and Shaq to take most/all of the 5 minutes and KG and Baby to take most/all of the 4 minutes.  Give the guy time to get healthy and then we'll see if he can contribute.

But based on O'Neal's history, it's really hard to figure out what Danny was paying for.

He have a pretty sweet turnaround jumper too
and some how a little help deffense
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2010, 06:15:33 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

......When he actually shows up.....
......When it's a contract year.....
......When he's not rusty.....
etc etc etc

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2010, 06:22:14 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

etc etc etc

no I mean yesterday
If I were Doc i surely used more yesterday
and i mean a lot more

and

the brick hands showed more in a unexpected pass that surely a player with more than 82 games with pierce would had expected.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2010, 06:35:07 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Ladies and gentlemen, we bring you our daily "some of us hate JO thread," sponsored by those who formerly hated Sheed. The guy misses 19 games and he is to be blamed for the loss yesterday? I guess Nate's horrendous performance, along with a weak afternoon from Shaw had nothing to do with the loss. Unreal.

LOL I never hated Sheed, nor do I believe that any one thing can bring on a loss. I just felt like pointing out JO's bad hands and stating it in a reactionary fashion...and looks at the attention it brings! LOL.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2010, 06:44:51 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I wouldn't bank on JO is just insurance with how old, injury prone, and quick to foul out Shaq is. He will be needed to be counted on even with Perk. Yeah he played awful but let's give him at least a month or so to get his cardio and timing back.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2010, 09:15:34 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

etc etc etc

etc, etc, etc.

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2010, 09:34:31 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
I wouldn't bank on JO is just insurance with how old, injury prone, and quick to foul out Shaq is. He will be needed to be counted on even with Perk. Yeah he played awful but let's give him at least a month or so to get his cardio and timing back.
Not wanting it to happen, but it's better than 50/50 he's back on the injured list by 1/30/11

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2010, 09:59:06 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/onealje01.html

There is a lot of hate for a productive big man, he has injury history so what? What other big man options would have been better? Shaq is the only answer that comes to mind for me, and we got him in the end too.

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2010, 10:09:03 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Nate's 2-15 Nate was a much bigger culprit than Jermaine O'Neal. Especially given that Nate's been starting for over a week now and was missing wide open shots (for the most part).

I just can't get on O'Neal for having a tough game offensively on his first game back, and without Rondo passing to him.

Yeah, I think it was Nate's shooting.  There were so many times he could have put the game away, and he misses. :-\

JO looked like he borrowed Perk's hands.

I dont blame JO for anything...yet it was he first game back from long lay off I expect mega rust.

How Nate got up so many poor shots when we have one of the best shooters in NBA history on our team is beyond me.  If he is taking those shots and making them then I don't care.  But when you are missing that much and you got Ray Allen on your team...cmon.

I blame Doc for that.  Ray was not able to get involved in the offense and that is why he AIRBALLED a 3pter he usually would have at least hit rim on...had he been more involved in the game.

Doc would have done better to have Brick Wafer out there especially since Nate has been pretty much stripped of most of the real point duties over the last 4 games or so.  PP has essentially been playing point forward....so if Nate wasn't hitting put someone else in. 

I put that loss on Nate and Doc.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2010, 10:19:26 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Nate's 2-15 Nate was a much bigger culprit than Jermaine O'Neal. Especially given that Nate's been starting for over a week now and was missing wide open shots (for the most part).

I just can't get on O'Neal for having a tough game offensively on his first game back, and without Rondo passing to him.

Yeah, I think it was Nate's shooting.  There were so many times he could have put the game away, and he misses. :-\

I dont blame JO for anything...yet it was he first game back from long lay off I expect mega rust.

How Nate got up so many poor shots when we have one of the best shooters in NBA history on our team is beyond me.  If he is taking those shots and making them then I don't care.  But when you are missing that much and you got Ray Allen on your team...cmon.

I blame Doc for that.  Ray was not able to get involved in the offense and that is why he AIRBALLED a 3pter he usually would have at least hit rim on...had he been more involved in the game.

Doc would have done better to have Brick Wafer out there especially since Nate has been pretty much stripped of most of the real point duties over the last 4 games or so.  PP has essentially been playing point forward....so if Nate wasn't hitting put someone else in. 

Nate took a ton of open shots because the Magic were successfully doubling and helping off of him against Garnett and Ray.

He's not a play maker like Rondo, he has to beat that scheme by making shots.

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2010, 10:33:55 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164

Nate took a ton of open shots because the Magic were successfully doubling and helping off of him against Garnett and Ray.

He took some good looks and open shots yes...he also took some terrible shots and made bad decisions and bad drives.  Like I said before he can take any shot he wants as long as he makes it.  I don't hate Nate.

However...if he is not hitting his shot he should not be in there.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

He took some good looks and open shots yes...he also took some terrible shots and made bad decisions and bad drives.  Like I said before he can take any shot he wants as long as he makes it.  I don't hate Nate.

However...if he is not hitting his shot he should not be in there.
He's the best option the C's have right now, fortunately Rondo will be back. I agree that he has to make shots to be a positive for the team, that's why I don't fault him for shooting like he did. When he's left open he needs to take the shot, especially when tehy're doubling off of him so hard.