Author Topic: Big Baby's Twitter account hacked? Or just fake all along?  (Read 6976 times)

Re: Big Baby's Twitter account hacked? Or just fake all along?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 06:48:47 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
This reminds me of the timmy o'toole episode on the Simpsons.

I'm sending my love down the well to you Big Baby!

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 10:46:05 AM »

Offline Alessandro

• Author
  • Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 34
Mark Murphy in today's Herald:

Celtics forward Glen Davis, whose name was attached to a rambling string of comments on Twitter decrying the lack of progress in his negotiations with the Celtics [team stats], told general manager Danny Ainge yesterday that the comments were posted by an unknown imposter.

The power forward, a restricted free agent, has not received an offer sheet from another team this summer, and only recently started talking actual numbers with the Celtics, who reportedly made an offer that was deemed not acceptable by the Davis camp.

But Davis, who is working out in Houston, quickly called Ainge yesterday once the tweeted comments started to gain attention in the media.

"Gain attention in the media"? Hmmm, now who in the media might have been giving this account attention? Could it have been ... THIS MAN?

Glen Davis upset with Celtics
By Mark Murphy  |   Thursday, August 6, 2009

Glen Davis now understands why the term “restricted free agent” is an oxymoron.

The Celtics [team stats] forward, discouraged by the lack of progress in talks with the team as well as shrinking options in the free agent market, posted his frustration Tuesday night on Twitter.

As evidenced by his tweets, Davis’ angst was tweaked in part by the C’s signing of free agent power forward Shelden Williams to a veterans minimum contract earlier this week. A league source also confirmed the Celtics finally started discussing numbers with Davis in the past week and made an offer that was considered disappointing by the player’s camp.

Davis started free agency with the hope of earning mid-level money ($5.8 million) but has yet to draw any offers beyond the one recently made by the Celtics.

Way to pass off responsibility ... "Oh no, it wasn't me, it was THE MEDIA (dramatic reverb) who fell for the fake Twitter account! The entire media, not just me, that's the ticket!"

"Rick Fox comes in to give Alton Lister a blow ... " - Tommy Heinsohn, 2/14/97

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2009, 10:59:28 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Mark Murphy in today's Herald:

Celtics forward Glen Davis, whose name was attached to a rambling string of comments on Twitter decrying the lack of progress in his negotiations with the Celtics [team stats], told general manager Danny Ainge yesterday that the comments were posted by an unknown imposter.

The power forward, a restricted free agent, has not received an offer sheet from another team this summer, and only recently started talking actual numbers with the Celtics, who reportedly made an offer that was deemed not acceptable by the Davis camp.

But Davis, who is working out in Houston, quickly called Ainge yesterday once the tweeted comments started to gain attention in the media.

"Gain attention in the media"? Hmmm, now who in the media might have been giving this account attention? Could it have been ... THIS MAN?

Glen Davis upset with Celtics
By Mark Murphy  |   Thursday, August 6, 2009

Glen Davis now understands why the term “restricted free agent” is an oxymoron.

The Celtics [team stats] forward, discouraged by the lack of progress in talks with the team as well as shrinking options in the free agent market, posted his frustration Tuesday night on Twitter.

As evidenced by his tweets, Davis’ angst was tweaked in part by the C’s signing of free agent power forward Shelden Williams to a veterans minimum contract earlier this week. A league source also confirmed the Celtics finally started discussing numbers with Davis in the past week and made an offer that was considered disappointing by the player’s camp.

Davis started free agency with the hope of earning mid-level money ($5.8 million) but has yet to draw any offers beyond the one recently made by the Celtics.

Way to pass off responsibility ... "Oh no, it wasn't me, it was THE MEDIA (dramatic reverb) who fell for the fake Twitter account! The entire media, not just me, that's the ticket!"

I miss Mark Spears.

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2009, 11:09:10 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
nvm
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:18:13 AM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2009, 11:51:52 AM »

Offline sully00

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 7
Twitter sucks.  The internet used to be a place that you could say stupid irrational stuff anonymously.  Now suckers have decided it would be a good idea literally track themselves online for all to see forever.  Trust me what was cool at 21 isn't cool at 27 and so on.  Even better some kook can pretend they are you and say crazy Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. and it would be easier to deny the use of PED's than to say it wasn't you.

If someone posted this crap as Big Baby on this forum he would get tooled on endlessly, but they do it on twitter and it makes he Herald.  Nice world.

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2009, 12:09:09 PM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76
Twitter sucks.  The internet used to be a place that you could say stupid irrational stuff anonymously.  Now suckers have decided it would be a good idea literally track themselves online for all to see forever.  Trust me what was cool at 21 isn't cool at 27 and so on.  Even better some kook can pretend they are you and say crazy **** and it would be easier to deny the use of PED's than to say it wasn't you.

If someone posted this crap as Big Baby on this forum he would get tooled on endlessly, but they do it on twitter and it makes he Herald.  Nice world.
Just because some people exploit it doesn't mean that that Twitter sucks. Check out fish that @sugarray20 caught this morning at the age of 34 :P

http://twitpic.com/d17hl

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2009, 12:18:20 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Twitter sucks.  The internet used to be a place that you could say stupid irrational stuff anonymously.  Now suckers have decided it would be a good idea literally track themselves online for all to see forever.  Trust me what was cool at 21 isn't cool at 27 and so on.  Even better some kook can pretend they are you and say crazy **** and it would be easier to deny the use of PED's than to say it wasn't you.

Just because some people exploit it doesn't mean that that Twitter sucks. Check out fish that @sugarray20 caught this morning at the age of 34 :P

http://twitpic.com/d17hl

Awesome! Ray on twitter.

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2009, 12:34:34 PM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON
I don't think it ever was hacked.  He seems to have the type of outgoing personality that would indeed write all of those things, whether it be begging for attention or a contract.  Once negative attention was given, and he realized it wasn't helping his situation what so ever i bet his agent told him to pull the plug and say it was fake all along.  A lot of the stuff on it sounded moderately legit for quite some time.
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"