Author Topic: Bill Walker is gonna get some mins  (Read 12000 times)

Bill Walker is gonna get some mins
« on: April 22, 2009, 11:58:33 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
I'm excited to see Bill out there, I think he could be great defending Gordon or Salmons. Tony Allen also needs to step up his game but I think Bill is up to the challenge and will be a hero in one of the upcoming games

Re: Bill Walker is gonna get some mins
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 12:09:18 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I'm excited to see Bill out there, I think he could be great defending Gordon or Salmons. Tony Allen also needs to step up his game but I think Bill is up to the challenge and will be a hero in one of the upcoming games

I think he is in for some ref Rookie treatment in the playoffs.  I hope they aren't whistle happy with him though...
God bless and good night!

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I like watching Bill, but I don't think he matches up well with Salmons, and he definitely can't guard Gordon.

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:15:26 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Where are you guys reading that Bill will get some minutes? Or are you simply doing some wishful thinking?

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 12:18:57 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
And if we need bodies at the 4 and 5, why would he be guarding Salmons and Gordon?

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 12:20:14 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
And if we need bodies at the 4 and 5, why would he be guarding Salmons and Gordon?
He won't. Hopefully he can stay with Thomas, but putting him on Noah or Miller will be a disaster.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 12:23:21 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Did one of the coaches say he would get minutes?

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 12:25:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I seriously doubt we see Bill Walker in anything but mop up minutes at the end of games, quarters and halves. There's just no way he sees the floor in front of Tony Allen and I doubt Tony is even going to get a lot of run. Doc is going to go with Ray and Paul for 40-42 MPG at the 2-3 so I just can't fathom Walker seeing any minutes.

I do, unfortunately, see some extensive minutes going in Mikki Moore's direction. Let's hope Mikki can wait until the second half to pick up his fifth foul in the games to come.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 12:50:23 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The only way I see Bill Walker seeing the floor is if there is foul trouble with the big men...and even then, I am not sure.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 12:53:12 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
The only way I see Bill Walker seeing the floor is if there is foul trouble with the big men...and even then, I am not sure.
If he does we're in big trouble. I was in Chicago for the regular season game on March 17th. He gave up 6 cheap free throws and a lay-up that I could easily see to the Bulls. In a close game you can't give away points.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 01:00:05 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
If he does we're in big trouble. I was in Chicago for the regular season game on March 17th. He gave up 6 cheap free throws and a lay-up that I could easily see to the Bulls. In a close game you can't give away points.

To be fair, you could say the same thing about Mikki.  And at least Walker knows how to box out, and keep to his man in front of him.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 01:06:22 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

To be fair, you could say the same thing about Mikki.  And at least Walker knows how to box out, and keep to his man in front of him.
Some games yes you can. However in this particular sequence Walker came in and gave up three fouls very quickly in the first half. He did better in the second half but the 6 free throws helped the Bulls a lot, and obviously it was such a close game that they mattered.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 01:07:04 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
The only way this happens is if Scal doesn't play and the bigs get in foul trouble. Also, Doc would probably go small over putting Bill in. I retract my statement if Doc said it, though. Actually, I don't. Doc has been saying he needs to get Billy in for almost the entirety of the second half of the season.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 01:20:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
As the founding member of the Bill Walker hype club, even I am skeptical that Walker gets more than 5 or 6 mins tomorrow.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 01:31:15 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
But if he gets 5 or 6 it's 5 or 6 he wouldn't have got if Leon hadn't gone down.