Author Topic: Marbury Confirms Offer From Celtics  (Read 9068 times)

Re: Marbury Confirms Offer From Celtics
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 04:23:52 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
i doubt the c's have many any contact, danny is too smart to risk giving david "I was a knicks fan growing up and still secretly am" stern an opportunity to leverage tampering charges.

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 04:26:24 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Hey everyone! It has been posted a thousand times, but the Knicks gave Marbury permission to speak with other teams about a contract so that they could hopefully buy him out for less. There is NO tapering issues with Danny talking with Marbury. That only applies if a team has the guy under contract and the team does not give the player permission to talk!

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2009, 04:43:24 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Time to split the difference guys and give back 1.5 mil. I agree he shouldn't feel inclined to give back 3-4 million, but the difference in 2 and 1...

scalabrine should help pay the difference...i'd have more respect for him, since he basically stole the first 3 years of his pay... :)

Come on Jick... The Horse is Dead!!! Scal would have done exactly what he has done the last couple weeks had Doc given him PT and that is to be a very solid role player who plays good D and can hit the open jumper. The guy has done 100% of what has been asked of him. Give the poor guy a break. He is much better than you will ever admit.

but i'm not ready to dismount... :)

someone has to keep this story alive...i'm the lone voice of one calling out in the desert.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2009, 04:55:13 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
At this point I'm cool with the Marbury thing dragging out until the end of February. It gives the Celtics more time to explore other options.

The Marbury button can be for emergency use only.

There must be 1 or 2 other names that will pop free in about 3-4 weeks, after the trade deadline.

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2009, 04:59:31 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
The Knicks would probably prefer to have this scumbag sign with somebody within the division. Addition by subtraction for them and having this idiot within the division tears apart whatever team that is.  Perfect for New York.

There is no way Danny does this.

danny is already pretty much on recored as saying he'd add him if he's bought out.

(you don't ask your locker room "hey, if we added steph, you guys cool?" unless you've had more than a passing interest in the idea. never mind the no comments when asked. luckly the knicks seem hell bent on not buying him out, so they will be saving us the trouble.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 05:49:16 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Time to split the difference guys and give back 1.5 mil. I agree he shouldn't feel inclined to give back 3-4 million, but the difference in 2 and 1...

scalabrine should help pay the difference...i'd have more respect for him, since he basically stole the first 3 years of his pay... :)

Come on Jick... The Horse is Dead!!! Scal would have done exactly what he has done the last couple weeks had Doc given him PT and that is to be a very solid role player who plays good D and can hit the open jumper. The guy has done 100% of what has been asked of him. Give the poor guy a break. He is much better than you will ever admit.

but i'm not ready to dismount... :)

someone has to keep this story alive...i'm the lone voice of one calling out in the desert.

I'll give you a TP for your persistence and making me laugh! It is never dull around here with your commentary Jick!

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
At this point I'm cool with the Marbury thing dragging out until the end of February. It gives the Celtics more time to explore other options.
TP.
Also, anyone have any interest in Reggie? Just noticed that on the main page.  Seems over the hill to me....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2009, 06:07:39 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
yeah I agree about Reggie. I don't think he'd be able to get up and down like he used to
UBUNTU

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2009, 10:04:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
how exactly does opening his big mouth to the media about his intentions and accusing the Knicks of playing "childish games" get him any closer to getting a buy out?

That would be like if I was being held captive by some dude and I said to him, "As soon as I get out of this cage I'm going to have a long fulfilling affair with your wife.  Let me out of here you little sissy"

I'm starting to think Marbury doesn't even want to get bought out.

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2009, 10:09:49 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
i doubt the c's have many any contact, danny is too smart to risk giving david "I was a knicks fan growing up and still secretly am" stern an opportunity to leverage tampering charges.
I'm amazed how many times people have mentioned tampering. Please no more!

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2009, 09:59:22 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
At 1:15 today ESPN will interview Marbury regarding this offer by the Celtics.