Author Topic: newly waived free agents  (Read 12477 times)

Re: newly waived free agents
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »

Offline Dino Radjas Fadja

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
What a bad situation regarding Shawn Livingston. I loved his game and it's too bad that it could be over him already. Although different circumstances it reminds of Jay Williams for Duke and how his NBA career went down.

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2009, 04:46:57 AM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
What a bad situation regarding Shawn Livingston. I loved his game and it's too bad that it could be over him already. Although different circumstances it reminds of Jay Williams for Duke and how his NBA career went down.

Wouldnt it be wise to cut Pruitt and get Livingston instead due to more experience from the latter player.  Also, give POB a run in the team as well as rotating more on Powe and BBD because this is too much for the first team to play throughout the season without any help from the coach (from bench). 
Trade the draftees cos Doc does obviously not like them.  If he did then he would play them.  He even doesnt play them when the team is winning big or losing big! 
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2009, 10:45:27 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Help from China?

Bonzi Wells and Kirk Snyder, both SG/SF types, are playing in China right now.

One article said that Wells was averaging 46 points per game in his Chinese league.

Snyder is averaging 32/10/4.

Obviously those stats are useless as the competition is very poor, but it means that they are still active and running around.

Both played in the NBA last season.

Wells: 9.1 pts, 4.5 rbs, 1.3 asts, .443% in 21 minutes and he's 32.

Snyder: 7.3 pts, 3.5 rbs, 1.8 asts, .508% in 21 minutes and he's 25.

Both were more than servicable bench players a season ago. I know the T-Wolves just didn't have room for Snyder, so they cut him, but I don't know why Wells didn't find a home. The article mentions that Wells is making 40 grand this year, which is nothing compared to even the minimum in the NBA; Snyder probably isn't making more than that. Why not give one of them a 10-day contract to see if they can help fortify the 2/3 position and scoring off the bench?

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2009, 09:34:17 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Help from China?

Bonzi Wells and Kirk Snyder, both SG/SF types, are playing in China right now.

One article said that Wells was averaging 46 points per game in his Chinese league.

Snyder is averaging 32/10/4.

Obviously those stats are useless as the competition is very poor, but it means that they are still active and running around.

Both played in the NBA last season.

Wells: 9.1 pts, 4.5 rbs, 1.3 asts, .443% in 21 minutes and he's 32.

Snyder: 7.3 pts, 3.5 rbs, 1.8 asts, .508% in 21 minutes and he's 25.

Both were more than servicable bench players a season ago. I know the T-Wolves just didn't have room for Snyder, so they cut him, but I don't know why Wells didn't find a home. The article mentions that Wells is making 40 grand this year, which is nothing compared to even the minimum in the NBA; Snyder probably isn't making more than that. Why not give one of them a 10-day contract to see if they can help fortify the 2/3 position and scoring off the bench?

I have always liked Snyder and would have taken Bonzi last year. There is a little voice in my head that says caution: "if either of these guys was worth having, they would be on an NBA or at least upper level Euro roster now instead of China". I would probably still give Snyder a 10 day shot provided there is a spot.

Who do we cut/release to create a spot? Sam? Am I being overly paranoid or what?
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2009, 07:28:50 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
http://hoopshype.com/free_agency.htm

Interesting names that Danny may have checked (or not):

Scot Pollard (why not?). He knows the team and system
Dale Davis (is he still active?). He was tough as a rock
Michael Doleac
Jackie Butler
Linton Johnson- wasn't he mentioned a couple of years ago?
Antoine Walker
Samaki Walker
Othella Harrington
Robert Horry
Ruben Patterson (...)
Mickael Gelabale
Bonzi Wells

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 08:12:46 AM by greenwise »

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2009, 07:40:02 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Michael Doleac
Jackie Butler
Antoine Walker
Samaki Walker
Othella Harrington
Robert Horry
Linton Johnson
Ruben Patterson (...)
Mickael Gelabale
Bonzi Wells

Linton Johnson, so good he made the list twice.

(kidding)

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2009, 07:57:36 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Off that list, I'd take Pollard and Wells.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2009, 08:13:13 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton

Michael Doleac
Jackie Butler
Antoine Walker
Samaki Walker
Othella Harrington
Robert Horry
Linton Johnson
Ruben Patterson (...)
Mickael Gelabale
Bonzi Wells

LOL! Sorry, edited

Linton Johnson, so good he made the list twice.

(kidding)

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2009, 08:15:07 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
Off that list, I'd take Pollard and Wells.

Agreed. I wonder what if Scot is healthy and fit though. Is Bonzi so uncoachable? I mean last time i remember he really could play basketball and now he has no place in the league? ???

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2009, 09:06:46 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Off that list I'd take Bonzi and Antoine is an upgrade over Big Fatty no matter what anyone says.

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2009, 10:02:23 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Don't see much on that list I like.

Maybe Bonzi.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2009, 10:11:31 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Off that list I'd take Bonzi and Antoine is an upgrade over Big Fatty no matter what anyone says.

TP for taking the leap of faith by suggesting Antoine over BBD. I COMPLETELY agree. I think BBD is well overrated. Maybe he would be great if he were 4 inches taller and longer, but he's not. He thinks he has a 15 foot jumper, but he doesn't. After seeing him blow the last chance of the Lakers game in Boston, I cringe now every time he gets the ball 10 feet away from the basket. And I feel the same way now when Powe gets in on the inside and starts backing down his defender.
Out of that last though I agree on Antoine, but would chose Scot Pollard over Bonzi. Bonzi might have a slightly better shooting touch, but this year we already have that slasher in Tony Allen, whom by the way should have his minutes consumed by Antoine or Scal(I actually prefer Scal as a C) I would definitely take the chance on Marbury, but we'd have to let go someone to make the last season acquisitions. Assuming we can't get Joe Smith, and we wanted Marbury, Antoine and Pollard
On the trading block should be Powe, BBD, and Pruitt. In that, we should only ask for draft picks. Tony Allen could be traded only for Joe Smith/Damien Wilkins. Assuming a team like Charlotte or someone takes 2 of the 3, then we could have open spots for at least Antoine and Marbury. If we got Steph, then we wouldn't have a use for Cassell, so we could waive him and speed up his Coaching career. Then sign Pollard if we didn't get Joe Smith for Tony Allen combo.

Rondo, Marbury, Pruitt
Ray, House, Giddens
Pierce, Antoine, Bill
KG, Joe, Scal
Perk, Scal, Pollard

This would be a true championship contending team
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2009, 03:57:05 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Forget about Marbury,

I'd take Bonzi,  you also forget Steve Francis, David Harrison, and DeMarr Johnson seem to be available.  I'm unsure about Franchise as far as injuries and motivation but the other two I'd definitely take.  Harrison has good experience just a little bit of a headcase, and Johnson is tall enough to guard Lebron and had a very good preseason with the Wiz.