Author Topic: Trade Deadline News (Celtics get Tillman, Jaden Springer)  (Read 26377 times)

Re: Trade Deadline News (Celtics get Tillman)
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2024, 10:14:14 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3189
I like the Tillman deal because it gives them some grit, some defense and some toughness they can mix and match with line ups.

Rebounding and defense are key contributions from him.

I'm surprised folks aren't more excited about Tillman. He's a good fit for what we needed. He has good experience against Denver and other Western teams. He's definitely a top 8 player on this squad. Very nice energy guy off the bench.

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2024, 10:18:31 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I like the Tillman deal because it gives them some grit, some defense and some toughness they can mix and match with line ups.

I'm surprised folks aren't more excited about Tillman. He's a good fit for what we needed. He has good experience against Denver and other Western teams. He's definitely a top 8 player on this squad. Very nice energy guy off the bench.

I think one of the largest benefits, will be the rest provided to Al.  He should be fresh come playoff time and we all know what playoff Al brings!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2024, 10:21:09 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I think one of the largest benefits, will be the rest provided to Al.  He should be fresh come playoff time and we all know what playoff Al brings!

This is true... Tillman will also be useful in the playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_l4Iz-BvZE

« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2024, 10:22:30 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991

I don’t think he’s top 8 on this team (he’s not ahead of Al, Peyton, or Sam), but I do think he’ll give us some quality, important minutes before all is said and done.  Were definitely better for the trade, and I do think there’s a good shot we can keep resign him this summer.  Really pleased with the trade.

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2024, 10:31:29 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 686
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If you don't think Tillman is in the playoff rotation, I suggest going back to that Lakers series where multiple time Tillman defended AD very well.

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2024, 10:31:37 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don’t think he’s top 8 on this team (he’s not ahead of Al, Peyton, or Sam), but I do think he’ll give us some quality, important minutes before all is said and done.  Were definitely better for the trade, and I do think there’s a good shot we can keep resign him this summer.  Really pleased with the trade.

I'll be interested to see if Joe plays him over Luke. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2024, 10:32:04 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
Buddy Hield to the Sixers!

Morris, Korkmaz, three seconds!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2024, 10:33:10 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
Buddy Hield to the Sixers!

For Morris, Korkmaz, three seconds!

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2024, 10:34:14 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
If you don't think Tillman is in the playoff rotation, I suggest going back to that Lakers series where multiple time Tillman defended AD very well.

I think his defense puts him in the playoff rotation. He can defend a lot of different positions.

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2024, 10:35:31 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991

I don’t think he will right off the bat — I think he’ll get to work his way into the lineup when Horford or KP sit first, and hopefully by mid-March he’ll have demonstrated his superiority and comfort with the system to step ahead on full-strength nights.

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2024, 10:38:17 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 686
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I don’t think he will right off the bat — I think he’ll get to work his way into the lineup when Horford or KP sit first, and hopefully by mid-March he’ll have demonstrated his superiority and comfort with the system to step ahead on full-strength nights.

I see it as the opposite. Think Tillman gets in very early tomorrow to see what he can provide. He is a better defender than Luke and a better rebounder.

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2024, 10:43:37 AM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1245
So many trade rumors going around but nothing so far related to the GWill TPE.

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2024, 11:02:25 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
So many trade rumors going around but nothing so far related to the GWill TPE.

There might not be a deal to be had... Or one that Brad thinks moves the needle...

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2024, 12:01:23 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 880

I don't know, I admit that I am not familiar enough with his game to have a sense of where he is going to slot.  If he is good enough for Top 8, that is great.  That would have him in the mix with Pritchard and Hauser.  Even to be 9th, ahead of Kornet, is not a given, but also not unrealistic in my mind.

My experience is that even if you think you know how good a player is based on what he has done on another team, it is always different once they are on the the Celtics.  And it usually takes longer than you think for that player to integrate.

I like the trade though.  Much rather have him over Stevens.  Nothing against Stevens, we just have enough bench wings (Stevens is not a PF, no matter what ESPN lists him as).  Tillman I am expecting can play as a legit PF.  Much more of a need.  And hopefully he proves to be a better player than Stevens also, although their career stats are not all that different.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 12:45:49 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2024, 12:22:17 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff