Author Topic: Robert Kraft Arrested for Solicitation  (Read 13452 times)

Re: Robert Kraft Arrested for Solicitation
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2019, 04:34:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I hope he is forced to relinquish his role for ownership to his son.
That's not going to happen. He will get the same treatment Irsay got: a fine and a period of time he will need to be disassociated from the team.

So a fine of $250,000 to $1 million. A suspension of 4-8 games.

And if Kraft gets suspended for opening night with the unveiling of the title banner, good. He deserves to miss it.

I don't know about "deserves", but I suspect that will happen.

Personally, even though this was monumentally stupid and embarrassing, I don't view it much more seriously than a traffic ticket (assuming there were no obvious signs of human trafficking).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2019, 04:36:46 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
When are yall gonna learn that sex urge is a natural phenomenon....legislating against this basic natural instinct is the problem...if the culture does not frown so harshly on people having polygamous relationships there MAY be less illicit sexual activities taking place in our society.

The issue has more to do with exploitation and coercion of women, particularly minors, and how to prevent it.  This is not about two consenting adults when you are talking about sex trafficking. 

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2019, 06:39:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

That's not going to happen. He will get the same treatment Irsay got: a fine and a period of time he will need to be disassociated from the team.

And if Kraft gets suspended for opening night with the unveiling of the title banner, good. He deserves to miss it.

Personally, even though this was monumentally stupid and embarrassing, I don't view it much more seriously than a traffic ticket (assuming there were no obvious signs of human trafficking).

I think Kraft deserves this because the money will be nothing to him. No real big punishment there for a guy worth $6.6 billion. But, for embarrassing the team and league for being involved in something like this, not being able to celebrate with the team or personally see the banner revealed in his own stadium, is a good punishment.

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2019, 07:28:54 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I think Kraft deserves this because the money will be nothing to him. No real big punishment there for a guy worth $6.6 billion. But, for embarrassing the team and league for being involved in something like this, not being able to celebrate with the team or personally see the banner revealed in his own stadium, is a good punishment.

Any chance that, if he's suspended for X number of games, the Pats wait to hang the banner until he returns?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2019, 08:50:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Any chance that, if he's suspended for X number of games, the Pats wait to hang the banner until he returns?
Good question. One I don't have an answer to. Can the league force the world champions to celebrate the Superbowl victory on opening night or can the team celebrate it any time they want?

Or....could the league, as part of the suspension, put in language Kraft must not be present for the SB celebration and banner unveiling, no matter when it happens, as part of his punishment?

I just do not have a clue what powers the league has anymore, after deflategate.