Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 111466 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #525 on: December 18, 2014, 05:53:55 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Another update from Stein:

ESPN sources say teams closing in on swap to send Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, one future first & one future second to Celts

There's gotta be something else there.  That's terrible.

I feel so sick over this... why not just let him walk??? This team is going to be so awful to watch...

« Reply #526 on: December 18, 2014, 05:54:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I would just waive crowder and nelson worse case. Bass is prob on his way out next.

« Reply #527 on: December 18, 2014, 05:54:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
ESPN sources say teams closing in on swap to send Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, one future first & one future second to Celts
---------------------

I hate life...

Yeah, I might be done with the C's this year if we trade Rondo for that poo poo platter offer...

« Reply #528 on: December 18, 2014, 05:54:40 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If Ainge is truly committed to dumping Rondo and going with a full-on rebuild, the Mavericks (or any other team) should be looking for someone who is willing to dump a bad multi-year contract on the Celtics in exchange for a draft considerations.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #529 on: December 18, 2014, 05:55:09 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Regardless of who sourced his previously released info, these recent tweets are clearly not from sources within Boston's org. Perhaps they are thoroughly vetted sources, but sources from other teams nonetheless, and those teams want to see Ainge publicly pressured to make a decision.
Or they are, and someone with the Celtics is trying to lure a team that is not the Mavs to up their offer.

OTOH, Bulpett is talking about "league sources", so...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/celtics_insider/2014/12/celtics_likely_to_trade_rajon_rondo_within_days

Wow. Depressing stuff in that Bulpett link.

League sources are telling the Herald that the Celts are fully prepared and willing to make a move right now with their best player, believing that, despite what Rondo says about wanting to re-sign here when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer, it will be hard for the club to compete with more inviting situations elsewhere once he begins being recruited.

It was first thought that the Celtics were in no hurry to deal and would wait until the trade deadline to make a move if nothing was of great interest now, figuring that offers would, at the very least, not be getting any worse.

But word is the club has come to believe the opposite, that the offers they receive now may be the best they will get -- and could even diminish over the next several weeks.

The Celtics have also had the internal discussion about letting the year play out and, if no better options arise, allowing Rondo to simply leave as a free agent or trying to work a sign-and-trade, though that has all been removed as a viable option.

Well, if that's the case, then Ainge has no one to thank but himself.  It NEVER should have come to this.  NEVER.  God he sucks.

« Reply #530 on: December 18, 2014, 05:55:12 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
It's happening:

Boston's informed teams it's focused on completing deal with Dallas soon, closing on a package to send Rajon Rondo to Mavs, sources tell Y.

Woj

« Reply #531 on: December 18, 2014, 05:55:20 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 
  ·   1m  1 minute ago   
Boston's informed teams it's focused on completing deal with Dallas soon, closing on a package to send Rajon Rondo to Mavs, sources tell Y.

Good one Ainge... ughhhh

« Reply #532 on: December 18, 2014, 05:55:35 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
With Wright being a free agent, it's like he's giving Rondo away for nothing.

« Reply #533 on: December 18, 2014, 05:55:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Another update from Stein:

There's gotta be something else there.  That's terrible.

I feel so sick over this... why not just let him walk??? This team is going to be so awful to watch...

Letting him walk is a stupid business move

I trust danny that this was the best he could get

« Reply #534 on: December 18, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Fudge.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #535 on: December 18, 2014, 05:56:02 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
The fact that we couldn't even dump Wallace in such a trade makes this ultra depressing
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #536 on: December 18, 2014, 05:56:10 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Rajon Rondo and his reps made it clear to Dallas that the All-Star guard would be inclined to sign Mavs extension this summer, sources said.

Woj

« Reply #537 on: December 18, 2014, 05:56:23 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
---------------------

I hate life...

Yeah, I might be done with the C's this year if we trade Rondo for that poo poo platter offer...

We could always root for the Mavs? Oh wait I have tickets to the C's Mavs game January 2nd... I'll get to watch Rondo destroy us live for nothing but a bs offer. Thanks Ainge!

« Reply #538 on: December 18, 2014, 05:56:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
My prayers have been answered

« Reply #539 on: December 18, 2014, 05:56:54 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
i think i'm actually going to throw up.