Author Topic: Tyson Chandler has agreed to a deal with the Phoenix Suns  (Read 4760 times)

Re: Tyson Chandler has agreed to a deal with the Phoenix Suns
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 03:26:09 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
4 years, $52m according to Marc Stein.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 03:26:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Go after Markieff Morris. That guy has quietly developed into a top 10 PF in the league and one of most versatile scoring PFs in the game. Good defender too. Two way player.

I'd love to bring Markieff to Boston if Aldridge goes to Phoenix.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 03:26:49 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
This is cool. With their miracle medical staff they can probably keep him healthy. If they get LMA a team of Bledsoe, Knight, Chandler, LMA and the morris twins? That is a top level team.

Wow. Suns could definitely use someone of Chandler's pedigree in the locker room. Someone needs to keep the Morrii in line.

Ha thought that was a typo. Well done. TP

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 03:28:09 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Go after Markieff Morris. That guy has quietly developed into a top 10 PF in the league and one of most versatile scoring PFs in the game. Good defender too. Two way player.

I'd love to bring Markieff to Boston if Aldridge goes to Phoenix.

I agree, he's criminally underrated. Definitely one of those "swings" (guys that can play the 3/4) that Stevens was talking about.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 03:28:25 PM »

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
Hope they don't pull a Lakers tank if they strike out.  Need back end lottery placment to get it.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
So does that mean they are committing to bringing along Len slowly? I felt like he flashed alot of potential last year. As a young 7-1 center, his stats at roughly 6,6 and 1.5 blocks were a little underwhelming. Yet his per36 were 10.2 ppg, 10.8 rbg, and 2.5 bpg. That doesn't really scream spot of weakness on a roster considering last year was his real first year getting significant playing time.

Any thoughts on what this means for Len's future?
#JKJB

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 03:29:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
If the Mavs can't sign DeAndre they could be screwed next year. That's great for us.

Until they do the supertank and land in the top 7, protecting their pick for another year.

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 03:29:43 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
We could end up with three top 10 picks next year.  The nets and mavericks don't seem to be getting any better.  We most certainly aren't getting better either.

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 03:31:39 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
What does this mean for Alex Len? Is he someone that could possibly be available? Because if green leaves for greener pastures that will leave them thin on the bench at guard. So what about Rozier KO and a future first for len?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 03:33:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
So does that mean they are committing to bringing along Len slowly? I felt like he flashed alot of potential last year. As a young 7-1 center, his stats at roughly 6,6 and 1.5 blocks were a little underwhelming. Yet his per36 were 10.2 ppg, 10.8 rbg, and 2.5 bpg. That doesn't really scream spot of weakness on a roster considering last year was his real first year getting significant playing time.

Yes, this sucks for Alex Len. He needs playing time to continue developing. Not going to get enough of that with Tyson Chandler playing 30mpg for next 3-4 years.

Ainge should make a run at Len. Give up some combination of future pick(s).

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 03:36:27 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff
What does this mean for Alex Len? Is he someone that could possibly be available?

If I am Danny, I am at least giving the Suns a call about this predicament. Len has elite level size, and athleticism for his size. Also he is very young. I honestly don't get why they gave a 4 year deal to Chandler.
#JKJB

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 03:41:56 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff

Yes, this sucks for Alex Len. He needs playing time to continue developing. Not going to get enough of that with Tyson Chandler playing 30mpg for next 3-4 years.

What do you think we would have to give up to get him? He is only 22, 7'1 with 7'4 wingspan and 265 pounds. He seems like the exact type of rim protector we would need on the Celtics.

Would some kind of combo of one of our bigs and some picks (hopefully not BRK) get it done? I can't really get much of a read on how much the Suns value him as they just signed someone to take playing time away from their highest upside player (who didn't have a disappointing start.)
#JKJB

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 03:47:38 PM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you

What do you think we would have to give up to get him? He is only 22, 7'1 with 7'4 wingspan and 265 pounds. He seems like the exact type of rim protector we would need on the Celtics.

Would some kind of combo of one of our bigs and some picks (hopefully not BRK) get it done? I can't really get much of a read on how much the Suns value him as they just signed someone to take playing time away from their highest upside player (who didn't have a disappointing start.)

I'd say Rozier, Olynk, and the mavs pick top 10 protected. They could use depth at pf and guard a nice stretch 4 would fit good in their rotation and Rozier would be a good fit backing up Both guard positions.
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 03:49:47 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I think Phoenix would be looking for something like a draft pick in the #8-12 range. Something a bit lower than where they selected him but not too far lower because A.Len did show some things last season so his value hasn't fallen much.

I think the Celtics could trade them a protected pick. They could protect it both ways. Celtics get to keep the pick if it is top 5 or maybe top 7. But that they only send the pick when it in the top 12 or top 15 picks. That Boston owes the pick until it falls within that draft range.

Toronto did a similar trade with Houston to get Kyle Lowry. I think theirs was top 3 protected in year one, top 2 protected year two, top 1 protected afterwards. While it was top 16 protected the other way. Virtually insuring Houston of a lottery pick from Toronto at some point down the road.

I think that type of deal is probably the best option for Boston instead of trying to put multiple picks together which may or may not appeal to Phoenix depending on how much of a gambler their GM is.

I think Len is too valuable to trade for anyone on the Celtics roster other than Marcus Smart (which is not good for Boston). They passed on James Young to draft TJ Warren. Maybe if they were big fans of Olynyk. I don't know. I don't think there is a trade to be made involving based around players. And I worry trying to combine late picks won't be valuable enough. So I think a future Celtics pick protected both ways is best choice.

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2015, 04:03:21 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff

I think Phoenix would be looking for something like a draft pick in the #8-12 range. Something a bit lower than where they selected him but not too far lower because A.Len did show some things last season so his value hasn't fallen much.

I think the Celtics could trade them a protected pick. They could protect it both ways. Celtics get to keep the pick if it is top 5 or maybe top 7. But that they only send the pick when it in the top 12 or top 15 picks. That Boston owes the pick until it falls within that draft range.

Toronto did a similar trade with Houston to get Kyle Lowry. I think theirs was top 3 protected in year one, top 2 protected year two, top 1 protected afterwards. While it was top 16 protected the other way. Virtually insuring Houston of a lottery pick from Toronto at some point down the road.

I think that type of deal is probably the best option for Boston instead of trying to put multiple picks together which may or may not appeal to Phoenix depending on how much of a gambler their GM is.

I think Len is too valuable to trade for anyone on the Celtics roster other than Marcus Smart (which is not good for Boston). They passed on James Young to draft TJ Warren. Maybe if they were big fans of Olynyk. I don't know. I don't think there is a trade to be made involving based around players. And I worry trying to combine late picks won't be valuable enough. So I think a future Celtics pick protected both ways is best choice.

Interesting. Are you saying that the future protected C's pick would be the only thing? Or are you saying it would be the center piece of the deal?

I like the idea of Rozier, Olly, and a pick, maybe that pick is the C's pick you have described. If I am Danny, I pull the trigger on that. It helps clear out our log jam at PF (especially after we just signed Jerebko and Amir Johnson), and gives us a legit large upside player in Len. He would fit Stevens system very well (minus a shot,) because he is great at running the floor, finishing around the rim, can play the PnR, and has absurd length and size that he has used to show great flashes of rim protection in limited time.
#JKJB