Author Topic: Big Announcement: CelticsBlog forums phasing out (need your help)  (Read 64019 times)

Re: Big Announcement: CelticsBlog forums phasing out (need your help)
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I hate the ESPN mobile site. Trying to get stats off it except for the most very basic type of stat is impossible.

« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2018, 10:57:22 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
If possibly interested, I have close ties to a development team who would be able to make a native app or a web app hybrid of each. They do amazing work and pretty reasonable prices. I am not overwhelmed with money but would be willing to contribute to the cost. Would love to help in anyway I could. I am more of a reader than poster on the forum and would love to keep it going.

edit: If were going to meet the modern discussion world half way, maybe notfications and follows to notify when people reply or comment? Just a thought. Wish I. could follow up on some of the convos I started here

That would be a good idea. Maybe just used when your post is quoted (so that game threads don't turn into 1000s of notifications) or the ability to turn them on/off for certain posts/threads

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but it would definitely be nice
I'm bitter.

« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2018, 10:58:20 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I've been using mobile for the forums 99% of the time, and I have to say that I have had no problems at all with this setup. In fact it's one of my favourites because it allows me to access the website like a PC, and "issues" such as zooming in and out is easy with a smartphone. I don't think the current "mobile setup" needs to be changed, so far it's been an amazing experience for me. I don't need a mobile app or those clunky mobile sites-I just need the forums lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2018, 11:01:50 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
If possibly interested, I have close ties to a development team who would be able to make a native app or a web app hybrid of each. They do amazing work and pretty reasonable prices. I am not overwhelmed with money but would be willing to contribute to the cost. Would love to help in anyway I could. I am more of a reader than poster on the forum and would love to keep it going.

edit: If were going to meet the modern discussion world half way, maybe notfications and follows to notify when people reply or comment? Just a thought. Wish I. could follow up on some of the convos I started here

That would be a good idea. Maybe just used when your post is quoted (so that game threads don't turn into 1000s of notifications) or the ability to turn them on/off for certain posts/threads

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but it would definitely be nice

As you said earlier, the first concern is to actually get a new site. But yeah, a notification when your text gets quoted would be handy.

« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2018, 11:09:09 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

As you said earlier, the first concern is to actually get a new site. But yeah, a notification when your text gets quoted would be handy.
Ah, you think that now but when you post early in a thread that goes 10 pages in a couple hours you're not going to be to happy with those notifications lighting up your phone.

« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2018, 11:17:03 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Ah, you think that now but when you post early in a thread that goes 10 pages in a couple hours you're not going to be to happy with those notifications lighting up your phone.

Maybe a daily notification?

Mike

« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2018, 11:34:30 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Just the opposite IMO. A notification system would help find where in the 10 page someone interacted with your post. I think of it as a better version of "Replies".

« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2018, 11:37:04 AM »

Offline designmao

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
long time lurker. laker fan. will follow where and when this forum moves.

What's everyone saying about Xavier Rathan-Mayes in your neck of the woods? Absolutely love dat dude, lol ;D, ever since, well, performances such as these :o -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xliZAYWdrDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwGYhdzkHGY

At best could be worth a two way contract. More athletic than Caruso, our 3rd stringer, but not as crafty. Not the player we want to be dribbling the ball too much.

« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2018, 11:42:26 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I hate the ESPN mobile site. Trying to get stats off it except for the most very basic type of stat is impossible.

You think the ESPN mobile site is bad, the NBA mobile site is infinitely worse. At least I found a work around and discovered I can access the full NBA site indirectly. I've found no such work around for ESPN.

« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2018, 11:45:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

The ability to turn on/off would be very helpful. I don't want 100 of notifications, and don't really feel the need to know every single time someone responds to a thread I've created or post I've made.

« Reply #160 on: July 17, 2018, 12:28:03 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I don't have any tech knowledge to contribute but I will follow to wherever the site moves to and would love to help in any other way I could if such help becomes needed.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2018, 01:04:55 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I realize the sample size in this thread is small, but how do people generally feel about accessing the forum on mobile?

Works well enough? Do you stick to desktop?

Would a native app excite you if it was easier to use? Worth $0.99?
I access both mobile and laptop. Never had a problem...except for when the site gaacked months ago.

« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2018, 01:29:26 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

It doesn't need to be a push notification on your phone, just a notification like the one we have here for PMs (with the ability to turn it on/off for individual posts, maybe an option in your profile for whether it defaults to "on" or "off")
I'm bitter.

« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2018, 02:17:09 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
We will have to WEBSCRAPE the entire forum possibly. I'm very willing to help and have the time to work.

« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2018, 02:23:32 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Saw this coming.  The old CB uniqueness has been washing away over time for the house style.  If there's something new coming I'll be there.  Thanks guys.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford