Author Topic: this Knicks game monday is big  (Read 7009 times)

Re: this Knicks game monday is big
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 03:48:57 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Carmelo is having a career year. I'm wary of him.

If he goes supernova, he goes supernova... but I've liked the job Green has done on him in our match-ups. I've found he's guarded Melo better than Pierce, so hopefully that happens this time around too.

I'd really like Jeff Green to have it in his head that his only job is to defend Melo.  I want him to get satisfaction and recognition from contributing on the defense end. High energy D and grab 5 boards should be his goal each game.  The offense will happen.

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 04:33:18 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
Carmelo is having a career year. I'm wary of him.

If he goes supernova, he goes supernova... but I've liked the job Green has done on him in our match-ups. I've found he's guarded Melo better than Pierce, so hopefully that happens this time around too.

I'd really like Jeff Green to have it in his head that his only job is to defend Melo.  I want him to get satisfaction and recognition from contributing on the defense end. High energy D and grab 5 boards should be his goal each game.  The offense will happen.
Jeff Green guarding Melo, now that's a scary thought...
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 05:04:29 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Is this game on national TV?

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 05:29:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If the Knicks are hitting the 3s, we're in for a long night. If they aren't, we'll be good. That's how it always goes with them, shouldn't be any different now.

The X factor is always Rondo... when he runs, he usually destroys the Knicks.

Pretty much. I remember the last time we played the Knicks toward the end of last season at MSG, they were raining 3s on us and we lost pretty badly

I particularly remember Steve Novak going off which bothered me because you take away his 3s, and he's useless

That was also the game where Rondo got injured because of a Chandler foul. But you're right, with the Knicks not a whole lot has changed except for the fact that I think they're better this year because of the Felton/Kidd combo over Lin at PG.

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 05:41:50 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I say big game too. Not huge, but definitely a statement game. Teams have been killing us with the three ball and I expect the Knicks to be trying to work that weakness against us. A game I am very much looking forward too.

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 05:48:14 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Can a game in the first half of the season really be a defining, important game. I just don't see it.

At this point in the season, as long as they continue playing excellent defense, that is what is important, not whether they win or lose or even who they are playing.

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 06:22:45 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

If Green played great defense on Melo, but score only 2 points himself, would posters on this forum recognize the job he did?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 07:11:45 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Green doesn't show up  ..HUGE in this game or a nice solid game at min.,, I suspect he is good as traded for the best BIG Danny can come up with.

This is a super important game.  A win could propel the team back on the right course for sure.... it owuld be three wins against very very good opponents.

It gives them confidence they can sustain a level of play necessary to perform well in a series.  AWay and home games against good teams.

We are gonna have to defend the  3 ball big time.