Author Topic: Clip of Kobe's alleged STEAL vs. PP?  (Read 7267 times)

Re: Clip of Kobe's alleged STEAL vs. PP?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 11:04:02 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
This was a foul by the rule book, but not one they're ever gonna call in that situation, even if the contact was visible to the refs, which it probably wasn't.  Whether Kobe would've got that call if he'd gotten stripped...well, hard to say.

Regardless, we make FTs and don't commit silly fouls, and this game isn't even close...

don't forget play somethign apporcahing defense in the first quarter. that was ugly.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 11:10:48 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I apologize IF there is a thread about this already.  I haven't been up long and haven't perused all the threads yet.

Can someone please provide the youtube link for the blatant foul by Kobe on the steal of PP that SHOULD have had PP shooting 2 FTs to tie up the game?

Thanks,

Smitty

Here's the thread Smitty  ;)
http://www.celticsblog.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=64&topic=19772.30

Can we merge these plz?
God bless and good night!

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 01:22:13 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
Could someone PLEASE provide a better link for that play.  There was a close up of the play from behind.  PLEASE help!!

There is a CLOSE UP of that play in that clip. If you have waited few second more you could see it.

And don't be such a drama queen like a life is depending on it.

Name calling is uncalled for.  Please refrain from doing so. - Redz
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 02:19:26 PM by Redz »

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 01:39:59 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

This is a difficult decision for the refs to make...However,there was a clear foul at the beginning of that play,when PP got the rebound,that was more than an obvious foul,Odom and Gasol almost hugged him!!

And generally the Lakers are always "slapping" the ball on the boards,this is so frustrating cuz most of the times they slap both the basketball AND our players' hands... >:(
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Putting this play aside, right before that KG was about to set a pick for Pierce and Gasol blatantly pulled on KG's jersey which was a clear foul that I could not believe was not called.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 02:16:46 PM »

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 11
Hrvoje,

You really don't have to be rude in your reply.  I would appreciate one of our mods addressing this.  No matter what you thought of the play, this WAS a critical point of the game with 40 seconds to go and us in possession of the ball and being down by only two with a chance to tie or take the lead.

Here is what Hrvoje said to me:  "And don't be such a drama queen like a life is depending on it."

Really not necessary my friend.

Smitty

Taken care of.  - Redz
Name calling is uncalled for.  Please refrain from doing so. - Redz
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 02:20:30 PM by Redz »

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 02:18:49 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
yeah, there was a good slow mo from behind, and you could see that he never touched the ball, only the body.

but lets be honest, we needed not only a slow mo, but the right slow mo to be able to see that.  this isn't some star treatment issue, it was a tough call, it looked like a steal, and on top of that, they were letting them play tough defense.

it may have been a pivotal moment, but if celtics fans are going to complain about calls in that game, that is not the one to be trying to build a case on.  there were plenty of no calls that were far worse...like 6 seconds before that under the basket during the rebound.  or the possession before there where kobe jumped into pierce forcing the turnover.  those had as much of an effect on the outcome, just not the stinging burn of a breakaway dunk.
\

Thats the point I was going to make. How there was no foul called during that rebound I have no clue. Right in front of the ref. The thing that burned me was you would have heard a whislte in the first quarter but not in the 4th. Biggest problem I have with this league. A foul is a foul no matter when it happens. Stern wonders why people suspect he integrity of the game.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 12:40:55 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
This was a foul by the rule book, but not one they're ever gonna call in that situation, even if the contact was visible to the refs, which it probably wasn't.  Whether Kobe would've got that call if he'd gotten stripped...well, hard to say.

I think that's the essence.  The context of being in LA, Kobe making the play, and the chance to extend the series an extra game.  I'm not saying it's a crooked call or the refs influenced it, but I think that factored into the decision (hopefully) subconsciously.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 01:40:48 AM »

Offline pslakerfan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • Beware the beast in '09....Andrew Bynum
Did he hit Pierce?  Probably.  Can't really tell.  But to question whether or not he hit the ball is ridiculous.  Look at the video.  Pierce's arm doesn't move at all when Kobe reaches in so how does the ball go flying all the way to Lamar Odom?  Of course he hit the ball.  Maybe he hit him in the side as well, you really can't tell, but he obviously hit the ball.  Unless it was a ghost.

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 03:03:30 AM »

Offline westupcali

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
It is what it is, let's just move on and focus on game 6. We lost. I don't want to sound like my laker friends always complaining and blaming the refs.