Author Topic: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)  (Read 187250 times)

Re: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)
« Reply #1560 on: November 21, 2020, 09:24:53 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1330327597344022528

Look, I know folks are upset we didn't get back anything for Hayward. But if the alternative is to take back Rozier, then I'll gladly except nothing lol  :P

Otherwise, I'm intrigued!

I would assume Hayward+1 or 2 seconds for a top-55 protected 2nd. That would make us a huge trade exception (bigger than we could use this season, short of trading away ~6 million in salary)

I don't see any chance of a player coming back, the contracts they have are all either very small or brutally large

https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/1330328317334069251

Jared Weiss
@JaredWeissNBA
·
9m
Toss a pick to CHA to create $30m trade exception -> Throw the bag at Bogdan Bogdanovic (and a pick to the kangz) -> Profit
Quote Tweet

Adam Himmelsbach
@AdamHimmelsbach
 · 11m
Per multiple league sources, a Celtics/Hornets sign-and-trade involving Gordon Hayward is still being discussed.

Sweet

My guess is for Zeller

I would throw in a 2nd

Cody Zeller is not a bad pickup either if that's what happens.

Why would we have just signed Thompson if we were getting Zeller a few hours later?
Same question goes towards Rozier and Teague?

Doubt we are getting a player back

« Reply #1561 on: November 21, 2020, 09:26:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Look, I know folks are upset we didn't get back anything for Hayward. But if the alternative is to take back Rozier, then I'll gladly except nothing lol  :P

I would assume Hayward+1 or 2 seconds for a top-55 protected 2nd. That would make us a huge trade exception (bigger than we could use this season, short of trading away ~6 million in salary)

I don't see any chance of a player coming back, the contracts they have are all either very small or brutally large

Jared Weiss
@JaredWeissNBA
·
9m
Toss a pick to CHA to create $30m trade exception -> Throw the bag at Bogdan Bogdanovic (and a pick to the kangz) -> Profit
Quote Tweet

Adam Himmelsbach
@AdamHimmelsbach
 · 11m
Per multiple league sources, a Celtics/Hornets sign-and-trade involving Gordon Hayward is still being discussed.

Sweet

My guess is for Zeller

I would throw in a 2nd

Why would we have just signed Thompson if we were getting Zeller a few hours later?

Zeller in and Theis out

So

Zeller, TT and Timelord at the 5

More size

« Reply #1562 on: November 21, 2020, 09:27:36 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Jared Weiss
@JaredWeissNBA
·
9m
Quote Tweet

Adam Himmelsbach
@AdamHimmelsbach
 · 11m

Sweet

My guess is for Zeller

I would throw in a 2nd

Zeller in and Theis out

So

More size

I’d take Theiss before Zeller any day.

« Reply #1563 on: November 21, 2020, 09:28:16 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Lol @ people convincing themselves Bogdonavic is next.

Nice fantasy, but I’d be shocked if DA could pull a rabbit out of his arse.

It's speculation, no need to laugh at people.

« Reply #1564 on: November 21, 2020, 09:28:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Jared Weiss
@JaredWeissNBA
·
9m
Quote Tweet

Adam Himmelsbach
@AdamHimmelsbach
 · 11m

Sweet

My guess is for Zeller

I would throw in a 2nd

Zeller in and Theis out

So

More size

I’d take Theiss before Zeller any day.

I guess you already forgot Bam 2 and ones to seal the deal

« Reply #1565 on: November 21, 2020, 09:29:03 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Does Hayward have to agree on the sign and trade? If yes and he does that means that there are no hard feelings between him and Danny

« Reply #1566 on: November 21, 2020, 09:30:59 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

But don't you see? Being super cynical and pessimistic means you're just super smart and cool!
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #1567 on: November 21, 2020, 09:32:54 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Does Hayward have to agree on the sign and trade? If yes and he does that means that there are no hard feelings between him and Danny

He does because he needs to sign with the C’s first. However, he doesn’t have much control over what’s being negotiated other than his contract.
- LilRip

« Reply #1568 on: November 21, 2020, 09:33:12 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

He would have to sign a different contract for a sign and trade vs. just signing, so yeah he would have to agree.

If the Hornets agree, though, it would be in Hayward's best interest even if he hated the team
I'm bitter.

« Reply #1569 on: November 21, 2020, 09:34:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
yes exactly

Hayward is a good sport so he obviously doesn't want to leave coach Stevens in the dust either with all the history they have. I'm absolutely  sure this also played a role

« Reply #1570 on: November 21, 2020, 09:35:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

So why is this a rabbit out of the hat situation?

If this TPE works out (likely to given how standard it is) and Danny actually has interest in Boggy at the rumored numbers ($18 M per - which is the biggest question mark at this point), we should be front runner for him. The only other major player right now is ATL who looks to be offering $18 M per. If the option is between being a starter and major contributor for a major contender versus playing in ATL trying to make the playoffs, I think we clearly have the edge.

« Reply #1571 on: November 21, 2020, 09:37:44 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

If this TPE works out (likely to given how standard it is) and Danny actually has interest in Boggy at the rumored numbers ($18 M per - which is the biggest question mark at this point), we should be front runner for him. The only other major player right now is ATL who looks to be offering $18 M per. If the option is between being a starter and major contributor for a major contender versus playing in ATL trying to make the playoffs, I think we clearly have the edge.

Because the hornets have no insentive to do a trade.  They created the cap space for Hayward by stretching Nick Batum.

We got nothing for Hayward... But we did get out from underneath his massive contract.  Addition by subtraction.

« Reply #1572 on: November 21, 2020, 09:45:28 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Because the hornets have no insentive to do a trade.  They created the cap space for Hayward by stretching Nick Batum.

We got nothing for Hayward... But we did get out from underneath his massive contract.  Addition by subtraction.

Hence the 2nd rounder(s) that have been discussed plenty of times here. It's similar to the deal we did last year, with the Hornets no less
I'm bitter.

« Reply #1573 on: November 21, 2020, 09:48:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Hence the 2nd rounder(s) that have been discussed plenty of times here. It's similar to the deal we did last year, with the Hornets no less

and they are talking about a trade.... why so many negative Nancys?

« Reply #1574 on: November 21, 2020, 09:50:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Except they do have an incentive to do the trade
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)