Author Topic: The Rozier hate is misguided  (Read 9821 times)

Re: The Rozier hate is misguided
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 05:07:27 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Rozier has been a pretty terrible backup PG for the most part. I think what I hate most about his game is his inability to generate good looks for others. There are more offensively talented players than him on the floor but he either misses them or refuses to move the ball unless he’s out of options.

It would be like if Russell Westbrook couldn’t get triple doubles but played like he could.
- LilRip

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 05:25:15 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Rozier is the last guy that should be blamed. He sacrificed his minutes for Kyrie as well as for Hayward and kept his mouth shut whole year. When you have your minutes cut this way, your team-role completely changes and you're not the same player any more. Your looks are not the same, your passes, your shot selection. I think he can still be Scarry Terry

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 05:33:55 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
He was going for his own shot all year and shot terribly. His defense was also poor. I can see the reason to hate.

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 06:16:46 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He was going for his own shot all year and shot terribly. His defense was also poor. I can see the reason to hate.

He is easy to blame but come on now. he is not completely to blame folks.

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2019, 06:17:47 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

He is easy to blame but come on now. he is not completely to blame folks.

Terry, hayward, stevens ans ainge are the main screwups this season

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2019, 06:26:33 AM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
The main screw up is the lack of a great big man.  We dont have a big that can dominate and until DA figures this out we will never win.

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2019, 06:39:32 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Louisville fan? Between this thread and showing Pervis some love?

Terry had a very disappointing year. It wasn’t just the bad shots and his hogging the ball, although that’s part of it. It’s also him showing very little effort on defense for most of the season.  He should be a hustle player, sort of Smart-lite. He showed some of that in prior years.  I think this year, he stopped hustling, almost like he thought he had earned the right not to.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 07:33:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Terry, hayward, stevens ans ainge are the main screwups this season

How can you say that with a straight face with Kyrie's last four games?

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 07:44:07 AM »

Offline zeitgeist49

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
Many Celtic fans are scapegoating Rozier. Celtic fans are unaware of all the team dynamics and locker room problems which existed this year.  Rozier, over-all, had a nightmarish season, given the expectations. However, he played quite well when given starter minutes. Should he have adjusted accordingly to his bench role and internal team turmoil ? Possibly. But all this forum hate for Rozier is misguided. Rozier, one way or the other, won't be with the Celts next year. And in a new and non-toxic environment, I am confident he will flourish (ie. close to 20ppg) He has all the tools to be an excellent combo guard. We shall see.

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2019, 07:46:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He earned it.

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2019, 07:47:21 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Rozier is a gamer. Highly flawed (shot selection, limited PG skills, bad playmaker) but a gamer (not afraid of everyone, athletic, feisty, defend, rebound, can score).

I like Rozier. I hope to see him stick around if Kyrie goes.

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2019, 07:50:27 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I think the criticism of Rozier's performance this year is spot on. He deserves it. He played terribly. He is not a terrible player (he is a solid player) but he had a terrible year.

I don't buy any of the criticism of Rozier in the locker room though. I am amazed at how much influence people think the backup PG has on team chemistry.

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2019, 08:07:46 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I have a hard time putting Terry on an island when there was plenty of blame to go around.  If we put together a list of players who were more important than Terry, specifically to THIS teams title aspirations, most people would have ranked Terry behind the following players (in no order):

Kyrie
Hayward
Jaylen
Tatum
Horford
Smart
Morris
Baynes

Now let's assume that Terry would have displayed the exact same attitude regardless of the teams record.  Does anyone think he makes it through the season if he was the only source of drama as the 9th most important player?  The group would have been p---ed about him interfering with their success. 

I get it, we're all frustrated by this miserable season.  It also doesn't help that Rozier was a severely flawed player prior to all of the drama.  Where I differ from most is my belief that the rest of the team enabled Rozier's frustrations and bad attitude. 

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2019, 09:29:54 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
It's not misguided. It's a fact. He is pure garbage. His stats is pure garbage. His ego is pure garbage.

He will forever be hated in my eyes.
rozier was drafted at #16 in the first round in 2015.
his careers stats are:
- 20 minutes/game
- 7.7 pts/g
- 3.6 rbs/g
- 2.3 assts/g

last season his stats were really respectable: 25.9 m/g;11.2 pts/g; 4.7 rbs/g; 2.9 ast/g; 1 stl/g.

drafted ahead of him were:
#5 - Mario Hezonja
#7 - Emmanuel Mudiay
#12 - Trey Liles
#14 - Cameron Payne

of the next 14 players in the first round selected after rozier only travis portis, hollis-jefferson really have done as well or better than rozier.

in the playoffs last year he helped carry an overachieving celtics team.

he is not an all-star and not a top player in the nba. but saying he is pure "garbage" is hyperbole and inaccurate.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 09:36:47 AM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 09:45:10 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
its just funny to blame the backup pg for this disaster.   Team was better when he played full time.