Author Topic: Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."  (Read 11626 times)

Re: Source: "The Clippers are not going to budge."
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 09:34:03 AM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Screw them. Bledsoe or bust.

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 09:40:36 AM »

Offline kingtutts

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
This isn't a case of getting "something" for KG before he leaves. A big part of the equation is whether we are better off holding onto KG another year, hope he retires next year when Pierce is up, and then have his expiring money to spend on a FA in 2014. So it really comes down to (if Bledsoe and more are not involved), what had more value Jordan and a first rounder of KG's money in 2014 (not to mention another year of our youngsters playing in the culture that KG brings to the C's).

Without sweeteners like Bledsoe, I think I opt for the latter.

I honestly believe this is our best option.  With Rondo and Sullinger we definitely would've gone a lot further in the playoffs.  Run it back and have cap space for the massive free agent market of '14. 

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
So at least this isn't going to drag out any longer....

If neither side budges soon, sources close to the situation expect the Clippers to change course by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest and name either Lionel Hollins or Brian Shaw as their new coach
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=9391832

That is bad news for Boston. Not enough time.

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 09:44:10 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
My source ...called common sense ...tells me ...... DA is not going back away from his offer either.  He has NO REASON to.....just play out PP and KG and reload with better assets than second string Jordon .and 20 something awful picks.

Clippers have to budge IF they want to keep CP3 from following DH whereever he lands.

I Sooooooooooooooooooooo hope DH goes to Houston or Atlanta who have stable coaching  and takes CP3 and old man RIvers  never smells another championship and is run off from Boston for good.

Either the Clippers bow to the demands or stand a pretty good chance of losing CP3 , in which the traitor Rivers would probally not want the job   ;D..... and he is sent packing for Orlando by DA and Wyc

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 09:46:49 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Doc rivers is an overrated fraud who wants to quit on the Celtics in favor of the most ghastly franchise ever.

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 09:48:11 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I don't think the Clippers are going to budge.

They walked away from this deal at the trade deadline. And rightly so.

Deal makes even less sense now given that KG is another year older, they just missed out on his best remaining campaign, and, Boston is upping their demands by asking for two firsts for the inclusion of Doc.

Why make a worse deal 4-5 months after rejecting it? It didn't make sense for the Clippers then and it makes even less sense now.

I would be shocked if the Clippers came back and agree to this deal. Then again, they are the Clippers for the season (bad management/ownership). One can hope, right?

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 09:54:23 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
I don't think the Clippers are going to budge.

They walked away from this deal at the trade deadline. And rightly so.

Deal makes even less sense now given that KG is another year older, they just missed out on his best remaining campaign, and, Boston is upping their demands by asking for two firsts for the inclusion of Doc.

Why make a worse deal 4-5 months after rejecting it? It didn't make sense for the Clippers then and it makes even less sense now.

I would be shocked if the Clippers came back and agree to this deal. Then again, they are the Clippers for the season (bad management/ownership). One can hope, right?

You have no idea if that was kgs best remaining campaign..he could have a resurgent year like he did a season before last or like Duncan this year....not to mention the change of culture or the influence he could have on Griffin....frankly they would be idiotic not to do this deal. Title chance for the worst franchise ever..or 2 average role players

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 09:59:18 AM »

Offline Celtics Insider

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
Because, if they DON'T make this deal, they'll lose Doc, KG, possibly Pierce, and Chris Paul, since Howard isn't going anywhere.
http://celticsinsider.freehostingcloud.com/
Celtics Insider - Your #1 Source For Anything And Everything Boston Celtics And NBA!

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2013, 10:07:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It's poker folks, let's see who is bluffing or if they both fold.

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2013, 10:08:46 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This isn't a case of getting "something" for KG before he leaves. A big part of the equation is whether we are better off holding onto KG another year, hope he retires next year when Pierce is up, and then have his expiring money to spend on a FA in 2014. So it really comes down to (if Bledsoe and more are not involved), what had more value Jordan and a first rounder of KG's money in 2014 (not to mention another year of our youngsters playing in the culture that KG brings to the C's).

Without sweeteners like Bledsoe, I think I opt for the latter.

I honestly believe this is our best option.  With Rondo and Sullinger we definitely would've gone a lot further in the playoffs.  Run it back and have cap space for the massive free agent market of '14.

Yeah, we may not win the championship, but we get another year with our hall of famers and then cap space. The DJ/Bledsoe deal is definitely my preference, but without Bledsoe, I don't know what direction we are going...

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2013, 10:27:09 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Tade KG and Doc for Bledsoe and Jordan..forget the picks b/c they be in the mid 20's anyways
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
Bledsoe or bust!

If we're losing Doc and KG, Bledsoe better be involved. The draft picks mean nothing in this deal. At this time Bledsoe is the most talented player involved in the deal. You don't give up one of the most respected coaches in the league and the heart of your defense for an overpaid young center and late first round draft picks.

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 10:48:39 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Aren't they basically just trying to get Chris Paul's ok? We hear the clippers this and the clippers that, but it seems to me that the "stall" is just the part where they call up Chris Paul and say "if we get you Griffin, Garnett, and coach Rivers, will you extend with us and stop this Dwight Howard talk?" and then they wait for an answer.

If Paul says ok, I seriously doubt Bledsoe is the sticking point. Paul doesn't think Bledsoe should be stuck behind him on the depth chart and has said as much.

The Clippers must be pretending there's some kind of crazy plan B where they don't have assurances from Chris Paul. That's never going to get done, though.

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 11:01:32 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Bledsoe would be nice but if we can get Jordan and picks for KG's corpse and a coach who doesn't want to be here, we should do it.

Pass. KG in 2013 is better than Jordan

Totally pass. Terrible trade.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2013, 11:05:41 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
No Griffin, no deal.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"