Author Topic: you wanted fireworks-we got them  (Read 1219 times)

you wanted fireworks-we got them
« on: September 20, 2017, 01:47:01 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I start watching highlites and all of a sudden i feel dis enfranchised and have nothing to replace those memories.They are now part of the Celtics archives.There is even the new Marcus
The grit seems gone replaced by a bunch of smooth talented players and some powerful rookies yabusele and semmi.
I hope semmi makes me forget crowder-i want to watch defensive lineup of marcus rozier,semmi,jaylen and,morris against some 2nd unit-
Nobody knows how this brand new team will play coming out of gate.

Re: you wanted fireworks-we got them
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 02:00:39 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Much is being made of the team's altered identity, but this team's identity already changed, last year, when they stopped being as good on defense as they were the year before. I think that Crowder, in particular, was not the defensive player last season that he was the previous season.

Me, I'd like to see the team be solid on defense but much more dynamic on offense—that is, have more than one consistent option (IT). They now have at least two—Hayward and Irving—and perhaps more, depending on how Brown and Tatum develop, or even Smart and Rozier. Heck, Horford might become a more impactful offensive player now that he's got two teammates who'll be drawing tons of attention.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 02:13:13 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I start watching highlites and all of a sudden i feel dis enfranchised and have nothing to replace those memories.They are now part of the Celtics archives.There is even the new Marcus
The grit seems gone replaced by a bunch of smooth talented players and some powerful rookies yabusele and semmi.
I hope semmi makes me forget crowder-i want to watch defensive lineup of marcus rozier,semmi,jaylen and,morris against some 2nd unit-

I agree with this statement. All of our prognostication will be rendered useless once they tip off. While many expect this team to be a top 4 team in the East, we really don't know.

Kyrie + Hayward + Tatum= fireworks

The question is whether its enough to compete in 2020, or do the Celtics have to add more talent. I'm not worried about Danny's ability to acquire role players.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 04:46:19 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

answered prayers

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 05:03:13 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

You know what Rollie Massamino your right. We have been talking about "fireworks" for years. Now it finally happens, and there seem to be some with regrets. So be it. You wanted a big bang here it is.