Author Topic: Rudy Gobert  (Read 16814 times)

Re: Rudy Gobert
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 04:01:56 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
No thanks.

Just too stiff. Ok quickness and athleticism only.  Plus doesn't have great strength. Feel for game and skills only avg.

Not saying he wouldn't be an ok pick, but only if you have time to burn. Will be a project and we already have one in melo.

We need a ready to make an impact next year pick or else someone who if we wait for a year , will be likely very good in the nba. Like Giannis or Saric.

I don't disagree but Giannis is going to take as long or longer than Gobert to develop into a NBA player.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Watched Utah vs warriors last night it was my first time seeing go set play. He was a steal at #27. He should develop into an elite rim defender, moves so well for his size. I am very high on the KO pick but gobert and Gianni's both are showing potential along with home run potential.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 07:26:21 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
If anyone else watched France vs Spain last night Gobert is the real deal. He anchored the defense in a very impressive victory. His ability to protect the rim and rebound against the Gasol brothers and Ibaka was very impressive. He is know doubt a starting NBA center in the near future.

The Jazz have a very interesting situation they have reportedly decided Favors is better at the 5, they have Kanter, and now Gobert looks to be emerging as a player who will need minutes. Nice problem to have.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 09:11:51 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
If anyone else watched France vs Spain last night Gobert is the real deal. He anchored the defense in a very impressive victory. His ability to protect the rim and rebound against the Gasol brothers and Ibaka was very impressive. He is know doubt a starting NBA center in the near future.

The Jazz have a very interesting situation they have reportedly decided Favors is better at the 5, they have Kanter, and now Gobert looks to be emerging as a player who will need minutes. Nice problem to have.

Absolutely, I haven't seen a lot of him before but I've heard good things about his performance in the tournament and watched France vs Spain and he looked really good. Not just a tall stiff like I thought he might be when he was drafted. I liked that Diot(??) guy, too. Great performance by France overall.

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 09:18:52 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

That's the only game I've seen him in, and it was a good game for him.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 09:23:56 AM »

fitzhickey

Absolutely, I haven't seen a lot of him before but I've heard good things about his performance in the tournament and watched France vs Spain and he looked really good. Not just a tall stiff like I thought he might be when he was drafted. I liked that Diot(??) guy, too. Great performance by France overall.
I wish Diot's first name started with "I".

I.Diot  ;D ;D

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 09:36:25 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's a little unfair that the Jazz have so many young big men with potential. I am not sure what we have that they would want as they are loaded with quality young players at every position except SF (Novak is probably their starter ??). Would they be interested in Green for Gobert (or Kanter) + salary filler (obviously Favors would be amazing, but I am pretty sure he is untouchable)? It looks as though they are getting ready to compete. They signed Hayward to that huge contract and even gave Trevor Booker 5 mill/yr to play PF.

If Danny hasn't tried to work a deal with Utah, then he should really give it a shot.

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 09:45:56 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
It's a little unfair that the Jazz have so many young big men with potential. I am not sure what we have that they would want as they are loaded with quality young players at every position except SF (Novak is probably their starter ??).

They have Hayward, Burks, and Evans at the wings and drafted Hood and Exum. I doubt Novak plays much at all.

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 09:48:51 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
The Jazz's small forward is Hayward; he's more effective at that position than at shooting guard.  He was just forced to play out of position last year because Corbin decided that Richard Jefferson was worth starting in the year 2014.

That said, they're NOWHERE near ready to compete yet.  They only signed Hayward to such a huge contract because they matched the Bobcats' offer.  They will assuredly be a lottery ream yet again.

Kanter is probably more obtainable than Gobert for the simple fact that Kanter will have to be paid sooner: this is the last year of his rookie contract, whereas Gobert is going into his second year.  They've already invested big money in Favors and Hayward; I'm not sure if they're sold on Kanter, since he and Favors are both probably better at playing center than power forward.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:09:29 AM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 10:06:12 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170

Yeah I'd take Gobert or Kanter off their hands anytime. Not sure what they'd take back though. They're a little light on PFs. Maybe send them KO perhaps and something else. I don't know.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 10:13:46 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Jazz's small forward is Hayward; he's more effective at that position than at shooting guard.  He was just forced to play out of position last year because Corbin decided that Richard Jefferson was worth starting in the year 2014.

That said, they're NOWHERE near ready to compete yet.  They only signed Hayward to such a huge contract because they matched the Bobcats' offer.  They will assuredly be a lottery ream yet again.

Kanter is probably more obtainable than Gobert for the simple fact that Kanter will have to be paid sooner; this is the last year of his rookie contract, whereas Gobert is going into his second year.  They've already invested big money in Favors and Hayward; I'm not sure if they're sold on Kanter, since he and Favors are both probably better at playing center than power forward.

To be fair, I said they were getting ready to compete. I don't see them as a playoff team this year and maybe not next, but they have a lot of young talent and if some of them materialize, they should be in really good shape.

I agree that Hayward should start at sf and Burks had somewhat of a break-out year last year. I know they drafted Hood (as I thought he might be a good fit on the Cs), but he is too young to really contribute right now. Again, they seem loaded at just about every position - which is pretty awesome for them moving forward.

As for Kanter, is he somebody we would really want entering his final year before [possibly] getting paid? Is his upside really still there?

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 10:17:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He had a good game when it mattered but here are this stats for the league

http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/Rudy-GOBERT

http://stats.nba.com/playerStats.html?PlayerID=203497

One good game doth not a player make, just ask Exum.

t Gobert is the real deal.

He rebounded well with 5 points.  He only scored five points and had one block.   Not like he played well enough to be the second coming.  Got to love CelticsBlog kneejerk reactions, LOL.

I think Spain shooting 2-22 from three point land hurt them more than Gobert.  Heurtel and Diaw always kept them with scoring.   But Spains poor three pointing shooting killed them and Gobert did step up with some boards and a key tap.   But you make him sound like Wilt Chamberlain which wasn't exactly what I saw in the game.

I still think he has NBA back up written all over him.

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2014, 09:34:57 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Kanter is probably more obtainable than Gobert for the simple fact that Kanter will have to be paid sooner; this is the last year of his rookie contract, whereas Gobert is going into his second year.  They've already invested big money in Favors and Hayward; I'm not sure if they're sold on Kanter, since he and Favors are both probably better at playing center than power forward.

To be fair, I said they were getting ready to compete. I don't see them as a playoff team this year and maybe not next, but they have a lot of young talent and if some of them materialize, they should be in really good shape.

I agree that Hayward should start at sf and Burks had somewhat of a break-out year last year. I know they drafted Hood (as I thought he might be a good fit on the Cs), but he is too young to really contribute right now. Again, they seem loaded at just about every position - which is pretty awesome for them moving forward.

As for Kanter, is he somebody we would really want entering his final year before [possibly] getting paid? Is his upside really still there?

I think Exum is their 2 guard of the future - he's raw but that backcourt rotation of Burke/Exum/Burks deserves time to grow. At the wing they have Hayward. I think - correct me if I'm wrong - they have young talent at every position but PF (I think Favors and Kanter are def centers). Wonder if they'd move one of their centers for either KO or Sully?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I dare someone to look at this picture with a straight face for five seconds.  I can't.

[dang] you! I died at 2 seconds

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2014, 10:28:11 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

He's younger than both Sullinger and Olynyk and has never gotten a chance to hold down a full-time starting position for a season.  The upside is still very much so there.