Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 111468 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #615 on: December 18, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
We legit could've got Capela, salary fillers, and the NOLA pick and it would've been lightyears better than this deal.....FML! I wasted 200 on freaking League Pass this year! And I've got freaking tickets for Boston at Indy January 9th! >:( >:( >:(

« Reply #616 on: December 18, 2014, 06:12:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I knew Rondo lacked trade value, but this package is humbling even for me.  Expiring contracts and a late 1st?  Ooof. 

Oh well.  I'll miss ya, Rondo.  I'll also miss my bickering with BBallTim and Celtics18.   End of an era.

« Reply #617 on: December 18, 2014, 06:12:36 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Every time I read about Wright as being young and blossoming I think of that scene in Knocked Up where Darrel from the office won't let Leslie Mann in the club.

Brandan's young, you know, to the earth....

« Reply #618 on: December 18, 2014, 06:12:41 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA  ·  51s 51 seconds ago
Boston will send Rajon Rondo and Dwight Powell to Dallas for Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jamar Nelson, 2015 first-round and future second.

ANDDDD we lost Powell who actually is young. Wright better become a 20 10 guy with 30 mpg

« Reply #619 on: December 18, 2014, 06:13:22 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I'm so sorry, Rondo. :'(  You deserve so much better than this.

not sure it gets better for Rondo, see that starting 5 the mavs are gonna roll out?

I was more so talking about how he's been treated by his GM.  This is beyond despicable.  I HATE YOU DANNY AINGE YOU PIECE OF TRIPE!!!!!!!

« Reply #620 on: December 18, 2014, 06:13:30 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
We legit could've got Capela, salary fillers, and the NOLA pick and it would've been lightyears better than this deal.....FML! I wasted 200 on freaking League Pass this year! And I've got freaking tickets for Boston at Indy January 9th! >:( >:( >:(

Dude I have C's Mavs tickets!

« Reply #621 on: December 18, 2014, 06:14:10 PM »

Offline Draft XIV

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Goodbye Rondo.

« Reply #622 on: December 18, 2014, 06:14:26 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
I was singing DA's praises after the Nets trade... I'm not ready to say he should be fired but this is disgusting...

« Reply #623 on: December 18, 2014, 06:14:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA  ·  51s 51 seconds ago
Boston will send Rajon Rondo and Dwight Powell to Dallas for Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jamar Nelson, 2015 first-round and future second.

ANDDDD we lost Powell who actually is young. Wright better become a 20 10 guy with 30 mpg
We'll also have to cut one more player. I'd guess Pressey, since there isn't much point in eating Nelson's salary for next year.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #624 on: December 18, 2014, 06:15:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Rumored deal would still require C's to release a player.  Goodbye Fav, or another trade coming?

« Reply #625 on: December 18, 2014, 06:15:38 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Ainge waited too long and will take some heat because of it. Nice situation for Rondo tho. That team will be good.

not really , he wasn't going to trade him in 2012 when the c's just came off a 7 game ECF series . Half way through 2013 he was hurt , and didn't return healthy until this season . Really not a case of waiting to long , just bad luck I guess...

Sure but his days in Boston we're numbered. He's not a guy you can build around. I'm starting to question what Ainge's plan is. The roster is stuck in limbo.

« Reply #626 on: December 18, 2014, 06:15:50 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
All I wanted for Xmas was Greg Smith filler in my Rondo trade. Instead I got a Clam Crowder lump-a-coal....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #627 on: December 18, 2014, 06:16:23 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Rumored deal would still require C's to release a player.  Goodbye Fav, or another trade coming?

Has to be Fav.

« Reply #628 on: December 18, 2014, 06:16:23 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
Some of you guys are unreal. We would lose Rondo for nothing in the offseason.. Would that make you happier than what we are going to receive?
Yes. We would be better off just taking the cap space and letting him walk.

I understand the frustration, but no, we would not be better off with cap space.  None of what we'd be getting in the deal has a significant cap impact next year.  I don't know what the pick is though -- is it Dallas, 2015?
Exactly, all the incoming is expiring too except Nelson has one option year.  I admit, this is less than I was imaging but it is still better than Rondo walking for nothing.  We can flip Nelson, he is a decent player, and maybe Wright too.  This is disappointing but not a catastrophe (Rondo walking for nothing would be a catastrophe).

« Reply #629 on: December 18, 2014, 06:16:25 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I trust our front office so I'm assuming this is the best they could get, but my God that's a horrible haul.

Great words from a great man