Author Topic: Nets (4-1) at Celtics (1-6) Preseason Game #8 10/23  (Read 31101 times)

Re: Nets (4-1) at Celtics (1-6) Preseason Game #8 10/23
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2013, 10:04:24 PM »

Offline VitorSullyandKOFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
Bass is great for a contender but on a rebuild team his flaws will infuriate the fans.

« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2013, 10:05:59 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
If this was our typical starting and bench rotations until Rondo gets back (with the exception of Sully)  I am all for it.  I like the starting 5 of Avery, Green, Wallace, KO and Vitor.  I just hope Stevens settles on a rotation that allows our young players to develop. 

Not sure if KO is best starting or coming off the bench, but he fit in well tonight.  Either way KO should be getting 25+/- min a game along w/ Sully.

Hopefully by the time Rondo comes back, Pressey has enough experience to be a decent backup point, then we can leave crawford on the bench as a 'break glass in an emergency' type player.  DA can then search for good deals for Hump, Crawford, Brooks, Bass, Lee, and Wallace if their are suitors...

Although, if Bass and Lee can play like they did off the bench tonight, they can be provide some veteran leadership.  I just wish we could count on them for 20 good min each a night.  Not sure though.  Lee hasn't been able to hit the side of a barn with his 3's before tonight.

« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2013, 10:08:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
where is Surferdad ?? I wonder what he thought of that KO basket
Right here dude.  I like KO, very much, but he does not have a complete game.  He is a mediocre rebounder, he is slow on the defensive switches, and just needs some seasoning.

Surferdad c'mon. You dwell on the negative too much.  Olynyk already has a got out of jail free card being that he is a rookie. Rookie's are suppose to make alot more mistakes and look dead lost out there.

Olynyk didn't score 20 or had 10 rebounds, but he also played a good game, had like 1 turnover and made some clutch baskets down the line.  If you expect the world from him or expect him to be like KG, you are not going to get that. But he is ahead of the curve already.
Dont over-interpret my criticism. Of course I give him a rookie pass. I'm just saying he is not a starter right now. Like I said, I like him very much but so far we have only seen him in pre-season against teams that are not putting their best out there.

agreed. But you have to also try to get over the fact , he is and likely never will be a good rebounder for his height. Its the same deal with Nowitzki (or nowitzki later in his career). But that doesn't mean he is not a complete player. Unlike some taller guys, he can move well to cause issues on the defensive end, is a better passer than some guards and has alot more tricks we haven't seen yet.

As he gets seasoned, gets stronger, faster, he will be able to bang on the inside more. But still will likely be only good for 7 rebounds a game. He will make it up in other ways though and you just got to make sure you got a good rebounder by his side. He is more like a PF/SF vs PF/C

« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2013, 10:12:00 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Bass is great for a contender but on a rebuild team his flaws will infuriate the fans.
That's right. His best fit is as a big coming off the bench. I fear he will get a starting nod on this team.

« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2013, 10:13:04 PM »

• Al Horford
Right here dude.  I like KO, very much, but he does not have a complete game.  He is a mediocre rebounder, he is slow on the defensive switches, and just needs some seasoning.

Surferdad c'mon. You dwell on the negative too much.  Olynyk already has a got out of jail free card being that he is a rookie. Rookie's are suppose to make alot more mistakes and look dead lost out there.

Olynyk didn't score 20 or had 10 rebounds, but he also played a good game, had like 1 turnover and made some clutch baskets down the line.  If you expect the world from him or expect him to be like KG, you are not going to get that. But he is ahead of the curve already.
Dont over-interpret my criticism. Of course I give him a rookie pass. I'm just saying he is not a starter right now. Like I said, I like him very much but so far we have only seen him in pre-season against teams that are not putting their best out there.

agreed. But you have to also try to get over the fact , he is and likely never will be a good rebounder for his height. Its the same deal with Nowitzki (or nowitzki later in his career). But that doesn't mean he is not a complete player. Unlike some taller guys, he can move well to cause issues on the defensive end, is a better passer than some guards and has alot more tricks we haven't seen yet.

As he gets seasoned, gets stronger, faster, he will be able to bang on the inside more. But still will likely be only good for 7 rebounds a game. He will make it up in other ways though and you just got to make sure you got a good rebounder by his side. He is more like a PF/SF vs PF/C

I agree he will never be a good rebounder but his IQ, passing and mobility will make up for it and he's not bad defensively he just need to learn the rotations. What are your thoughts on Faverani?

« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2013, 10:14:22 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
That's right. His best fit is as a big coming off the bench. I fear he will get a starting nod on this team.

I think Sully is gonna start over Bass. Maybe KO or Humph, Bass is great coming off the bench with instant offense.

« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

That makes sense.  He is really a point-forward, which could work in certain situations. In fact, he will create matchup problems for opposing forwards who won't be able to keep up with his ball handling or passing. As far as rebounding, I suspect he needs to get stronger which is hard to do during the season.  By next year he will be better all around.

« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2013, 10:17:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I agree he will never be a good rebounder but his IQ, passing and mobility will make up for it and he's not bad defensively he just need to learn the rotations. What are your thoughts on Faverani?

He is a quick learner unlike Fab Melo. He is already a much better player vs pre season game 1 version.

This might sound crazy, but he kind of reminds of a poor man tim duncan. Just his overall game, potential effect he can have on both ends and ridiculous wingspan. He is smarter than i thought

« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2013, 10:19:25 PM »

• Al Horford

He is a quick learner unlike Fab Melo. He is already a much better player vs pre season game 1 version.

This might sound crazy, but he kind of reminds of a poor man tim duncan. Just his overall game, potential effect he can have on both ends and ridiculous wingspan. He is smarter than i thought

I see a little bit of Marc Gasol in him too.

« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2013, 10:24:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
One thang I did NOT miss tonight........

The dreaded Bass and Sully in the same lineup ...

They just don't compliment each other well at all.

Everybody in the world knows this surely DA and Brad know this  :-\

I think Bass realizes this,  he plays so much better without Sully.

I love Sully to death......but when h is our center things tend to go to crap really fast.

Sully an Bass should NEVER be in the game together ,   They should be paired with KO or Fav .

They need a center with them to defend the paint.  .....at all times......they are not small ball players..

« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2013, 10:31:28 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I see a little bit of Marc Gasol in him too.

I was going to say that too.  He looked very comfortable handling the ball, and his moves / posture / handle reminds me of M Gasol a bit too. 

« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2013, 12:38:29 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Only got to catch the first half. Loved the passing from Crawford (to a cutting AB for a bucket and for what should've been a bucket from Bass) and Pressey. Faverani looked great, too.

Moral victories, and a real victory.

Now can the regular season start please?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.