Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 285968 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #810 on: November 28, 2022, 11:01:47 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Kemba has been so disappointing since leaving Boston. I don't think he'll help Luka or Dallas at all.

I am not even sure Kemba is an NBA level player anymore. He can still shoot and score some but is not a prolific enough scorer anymore to outpace how much he hurts you on defense. He is a net negative. His NBA career looks over to me. He is only surviving on name recognition and reputation. Without that, he'd already be out the door.

I'd love to be wrong though. Kemba did a great job for us early on in his Boston career and he is a great guy. But I am pretty pessimistic.

« Reply #811 on: November 28, 2022, 11:07:15 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Campazzo is not an nba player, not surprised he was waived. Was trying to tell someone on here this over the summer after watching him play on the decimated nuggets a lot last year in person. He is also kind of a dirty player.

« Reply #812 on: November 28, 2022, 11:17:41 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Campazzo is not an nba player, not surprised he was waived. Was trying to tell someone on here this over the summer after watching him play on the decimated nuggets a lot last year in person. He is also kind of a dirty player.

Sadly agree. Sad because he is fun and can make some beautiful passes but he hurts his own team more than he helps them. Not good. Denver are better off without him. As are Dallas.

I never understood Dallas signing Campazzo. Doncic needs shooters around him. Campazzo can't shoot. He can't play with Luka. And he is not good enough offensively to be the main creator when Luka sits because Campazzo is not enough a scoring threat. He is more a of a solid ball-handling setup guard who occassionaly makes amazing passes that only a handful of guys in the league can only contemplate making, nevermind pulling off.

« Reply #813 on: November 28, 2022, 05:59:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
While true that Taiwanese clubs have been chasing their signatures, league sources say that a trio of former All-Stars — Carmelo Anthony, DeMarcus Cousins and Isaiah Thomas — have thus far shown zero interest in following Dwight Howard to Taiwan.
– via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #814 on: November 28, 2022, 07:08:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
While true that Taiwanese clubs have been chasing their signatures, league sources say that a trio of former All-Stars — Carmelo Anthony, DeMarcus Cousins and Isaiah Thomas — have thus far shown zero interest in following Dwight Howard to Taiwan.

I am not sure if Taiwan is the best place to do it, but if IT still wants to play basketball he should sign somewhere. He probably only has 3-4 more years of being able to play professional basketball even if everything broke right. Without knowing his exact offers, it’s pretty good money to the start of most nba players first job out of the league salary wise and a chance to make some connections. I realize even without the brinks truck he made more than any of us would dream of making, he is in a very different category than howard, Carmelo and cousins earnings wise. Also before anyone flames me place note I said “if he wants to play”

« Reply #815 on: November 28, 2022, 07:39:57 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

I am not sure if Taiwan is the best place to do it, but if IT still wants to play basketball he should sign somewhere. He probably only has 3-4 more years of being able to play professional basketball even if everything broke right. Without knowing his exact offers, it’s pretty good money to the start of most nba players first job out of the league salary wise and a chance to make some connections. I realize even without the brinks truck he made more than any of us would dream of making, he is in a very different category than howard, Carmelo and cousins earnings wise. Also before anyone flames me place note I said “if he wants to play”

I think IT wants to stay in the US rather than moving his family to another country or playing overseas while they stay behind.

« Reply #816 on: November 28, 2022, 08:16:07 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I think IT wants to stay in the US rather than moving his family to another country or playing overseas while they stay behind.

Yeah I obviously don’t have an argument against it if that is the case either.

« Reply #817 on: November 28, 2022, 09:27:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
 :laugh:Oopps

« Reply #818 on: November 29, 2022, 01:01:34 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
lol Lakers XD glad I tuned in despite being a double digit lead with around 9 to go

« Reply #819 on: November 29, 2022, 01:08:21 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Lazy D by Lebron on Nembhard on the GW.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #820 on: November 29, 2022, 01:33:41 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

The Pacers also started coming back into the game coz of LBJ taking bad shots.

« Reply #821 on: November 29, 2022, 09:54:42 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Wild game between the Mavs and Warriors… Feels like a playoff game.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #822 on: November 29, 2022, 09:55:52 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Wild game between the Mavs and Warriors… Feels like a playoff game.

Yeah, Crazy good game!

« Reply #823 on: November 29, 2022, 10:01:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Dumb decision by Curry there.

« Reply #824 on: November 29, 2022, 10:11:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

The Pacers also started coming back into the game coz of LBJ taking bad shots.

He either needs to adjust his game and focus on facilitating and not taking a million jump shots or he is gonna kill their team and keep being a net negative.