Author Topic: NFL 2022 Season  (Read 115234 times)

Re: NFL 2022 Season
« Reply #300 on: October 02, 2022, 04:13:05 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Baltimore appears to be a pretender. But it’s been a strange start to the season for the league - anything can happen.

« Reply #301 on: October 02, 2022, 04:16:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Wow, the Jags might be for real. They've been very impressive to start the year

Go figure, get rid of the toxic influences (cough Urban cough) and suddenly you look functional

Yup crazy. And the Ravens look like they'll be dangerous in the playoffs...blowing out the Bills

Yeah I was about to post. I know everyone thinks KC/BUF in the AFC but I think Baltimore is making a real case that they are among the cream of the AFC as well. AFC has a Big 3 of BUF/KC/BAL. Then the next set of teams are basically 2nd tier. 

BAL up 20-3 on BUF now and looking great

I spoke too soon. What a meltdown by the Ravens.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #302 on: October 02, 2022, 04:16:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
They weren't going to stop Buffalo. They needed to go for it, that was just a terrible play call and then the INT let them get off the goal line

The previous bulls drive was 3 plays for -11 yards. Acting like they couldn’t possibly hold the bills to a field goal is a pretty defeatist attitude for a team or fan to have.

« Reply #303 on: October 02, 2022, 04:18:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Harbaugh is an aggressive coach, I get it. But I feel like there's always a few games every season where he gets too aggressive and it ends up costing the Ravens. And while it might not sound like much since it's "only 1 or 2 losses", sometimes those losses are enough to cause BAL to miss the playoffs, or maybe not have home field advantage in the later rounds of the postseason which can be crucial.

BAL should have a leg up in the AFC North but they are now 2-2 and basically the division is still wide open.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #304 on: October 02, 2022, 04:25:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Harbaugh is an aggressive coach, I get it. But I feel like there's always a few games every season where he gets too aggressive and it ends up costing the Ravens. And while it might not sound like much since it's "only 1 or 2 losses", sometimes those losses are enough to cause BAL to miss the playoffs, or maybe not have home field advantage in the later rounds of the postseason which can be crucial.

BAL should have a leg up in the AFC North but they are now 2-2 and basically the division is still wide open.

He is definitely a bit overrated. He only has 2 playoffs wins since 2012 and one in the last 7 seasons.

« Reply #305 on: October 02, 2022, 08:24:28 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Hahaha. Chiefs deferred, Bucs receive and immediately loses football on the return and now KC ball in TB territory.

« Reply #306 on: October 02, 2022, 08:26:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Hahaha. Chiefs deferred, Bucs receive and immediately loses football on the return and now KC ball in TB territory.
Embarrassing
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #307 on: October 02, 2022, 08:26:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Embarrassing

KC 7-0 two plays later. Embarrassing indeed

« Reply #308 on: October 02, 2022, 09:07:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
KC blowing out TB. 21-3 KC

Brady gave up his marriage for this garbage sigh lol

« Reply #309 on: October 02, 2022, 10:18:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Commanders doing their best to get that top pick for next year.  I truly hate what's happened to my team since Snyder bought them. 

« Reply #310 on: October 02, 2022, 10:27:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Commanders doing their best to get that top pick for next year.  I truly hate what's happened to my team since Snyder bought them.
Snyder is scum.

It's an interesting comparison to see how the NBA and NFL have handled problematic owners. NBA forced out Sterling and all but forced Sarver to put his team up for sale, yet the NFL buried and refused to publicize what Snyder did, while throwing Jon Gruden under the bus releasing his bad stuff to the public...all from the same investigation into Snyder.

« Reply #311 on: October 03, 2022, 08:28:42 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Cameron Brate sat out the second half of Sunday night's 41-31 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs with a concussion after earlier colliding with a teammate and being allowed to re-enter the game.

Brate was shaken up just before halftime after catching a pass for a 9-yard gain and colliding with Bucs receiver Chris Godwin while being tackled.

Brate stood up and headed for the sideline, but didn't get off the field fast enough for Tampa Bay to avoid a penalty for having too many men on the field when Tom Brady took the snap for the next play with 1:15 left before halftime.

Brate re-entered the game and was the intended receiver on two incompletions Brady threw while finishing a 12-play, 75-yard drive that ended with a 1-yard pass to Mike Evans.

Bucs coach Todd Bowles said after the game that Brate was in the concussion protocol. He was not able to explain why he was allowed to re-enter the game in the final minute of the first half.

''I didn't exactly see what happened when he came back in the game,'' Bowles said. ''I have to look at the film.''

The decision to allow Brate to re-enter the game comes on the heels of Miami's Tua Tagovailoa being cleared to continue playing after hitting his head on the turf against Buffalo on Sept. 25.

I didn't watch the game, so I don't know if Brate was showing any outward signs that he had a concussion before the half.  But man, that's just not a good look on the heels of Tua.

Serious question:  why aren't teams mandated to use Guardian caps at this point?  They've been tested for years, they limit concussions, which means they're limiting traumatic brain injuries.  I don't care if they look dopey.  They should be the norm, from pee wee flag football to the NFL.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #312 on: October 03, 2022, 10:55:47 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Another one of John Harbaugh's classic decision to go for 4 instead of taking the FG...was that the right call?

I think he should have taken the points. You have 99% kicker Justin Tucker on your team. Take a 3 point lead over the Bills and send your defense out. At worst, the Bills score a TD and you lose or they tie the game to go into OT. At best, your D stops the Bills forcing either a turnover or punt. He's thinking a bit too hard here.

But here he goes...4th and goal at the 1, throws an interception which is basically a punt lol. Aggressive play calling like that will cost them playoff berth down the stretch

« Reply #313 on: October 03, 2022, 11:15:51 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Snyder is scum.

It's an interesting comparison to see how the NBA and NFL have handled problematic owners. NBA forced out Sterling and all but forced Sarver to put his team up for sale, yet the NFL buried and refused to publicize what Snyder did, while throwing Jon Gruden under the bus releasing his bad stuff to the public...all from the same investigation into Snyder.
very big difference between how league's handle this type of thing.  so many times that I wished the NFL was more like the NBA in that regard.  NBA is far from perfect but they will at least address an issue if it gets enough attention unlike the NFL

« Reply #314 on: October 04, 2022, 08:35:12 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
So it has come out that the NFLPA fired the independent doctor that examined Tua because he was "hostile" in the process and didn't understand his role.  But no allegation of an incorrect diagnosis or any mistakes with respect to medical treatment.  So basically a personality thing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip