Author Topic: NFL 2022 Season  (Read 117999 times)

Re: NFL 2022 Season
« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2022, 05:12:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It’s the doctors job to assess the patient and determine whether they are OK or not, which they clearly didn’t do

Not “clearly”.  “Allegedly”.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2022, 05:18:14 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
It’s the doctors job to assess the patient and determine whether they are OK or not, which they clearly didn’t do

I mean, there was an investigation which resulted in a doctor being fired. So at least one of them didn’t do their job.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #272 on: October 01, 2022, 05:22:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I mean, there was an investigation which resulted in a doctor being fired. So at least one of them didn’t do their job.

Sure.  Either the doctor was wrong, or the investigation was.  The NFLPA has the right to fire the independent doctor for any reason, including no reason.  That’s not “clearly”.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #273 on: October 01, 2022, 06:00:23 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
To be clear the union said several mistakes without actually indicating what those mistakes were.  I mean did he misspell Tua's name, did he write something in the wrong spot, or did he not do the right tests, misinterpret the results, etc.  Vague statements from a party with a motive, don't really tell you anything especially since they could fire the doctor at any time with or without cause.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 06:16:14 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #274 on: October 01, 2022, 06:33:04 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
In other news...former Patriots WR Antonio Brown exposes himself to stunned guests in hotel pool

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #275 on: October 01, 2022, 06:36:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
In other news...former Patriots WR Antonio Brown exposes himself to stunned guests in hotel pool

Kyrie is a nutcase but AB is a way, way bigger one. Sad situation really
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #276 on: October 02, 2022, 03:20:37 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
There are a few posters here that I immensely respect that gave the nfl and their independent doctors a lot more respect than they should have given the nfl’s history and how they have handled stuff like this. It would be in line with our decade of interacting to admit this mistake. Lord knows I have been wrong many times.

« Reply #277 on: October 02, 2022, 03:39:54 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
There are a few posters here that I immensely respect that gave the nfl and their independent doctors a lot more respect than they should have given the nfl’s history and how they have handled stuff like this. It would be in line with our decade of interacting to admit this mistake. Lord knows I have been wrong many times.
Clay, if you want someone to say, I was wrong you were right, fine. You were right, I was wrong.

But something isn't right here. Go watch the vid at ESPN.com that is a 6 minute interview with the NFL Chief Medical Officer and then tell me something isn't fishy about all this, especially in the way the UNV got fired for reasons unspecified but the team doctor is still getting paid. The whole thing sure seems like the NFL didn't like the PR they were getting and scapegoated the doctor.

« Reply #278 on: October 02, 2022, 05:30:54 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Kyrie is a nutcase but AB is a way, way bigger one. Sad situation really
As obvious a case of walking CTE as ever. I saw some footage of him being interviewed prior to that Burfict hit, and it’s like a totally different person
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #279 on: October 02, 2022, 08:12:11 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Clay, if you want someone to say, I was wrong you were right, fine. You were right, I was wrong.

But something isn't right here. Go watch the vid at ESPN.com that is a 6 minute interview with the NFL Chief Medical Officer and then tell me something isn't fishy about all this, especially in the way the UNV got fired for reasons unspecified but the team doctor is still getting paid. The whole thing sure seems like the NFL didn't like the PR they were getting and scapegoated the doctor.
that is exactly where I am at until they actually release what the mistakes that were allegedly made actually were.  Until then it seems like PR

« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2022, 08:28:24 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

that is exactly where I am at until they actually release what the mistakes that were allegedly made actually were.  Until then it seems like PR

Yeah, same.  I don’t know every fact, but the NFLPA firing the doctor means literally nothing to me until the alleged mistakes are proven.

« Reply #281 on: October 02, 2022, 12:37:45 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/1576606541213360128?t=kH01EmCmeaCkGkQXYZbi-g&s=19

I was just told somebody leaked some personal information about me and it’s going to be reported on today.

I went into A-Fib on Wednesday, had my heart shocked back into rhythm on Thursday and I’m playing today.

That’s it.

« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2022, 12:41:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/1576606541213360128?t=kH01EmCmeaCkGkQXYZbi-g&s=19

I was just told somebody leaked some personal information about me and it’s going to be reported on today.

I went into A-Fib on Wednesday, had my heart shocked back into rhythm on Thursday and I’m playing today.

That’s it.

Yeah I saw that. Jesus, what the hell happened  :o

« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2022, 12:43:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
LONDON DOUBLE-DOINK!

Vikings hold on abroad

« Reply #284 on: October 02, 2022, 01:37:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Wow, the Jags might be for real. They've been very impressive to start the year

Go figure, get rid of the toxic influences (cough Urban cough) and suddenly you look functional