Author Topic: Dream Celtics lineups  (Read 1082 times)

Dream Celtics lineups
« on: July 06, 2022, 06:20:50 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Put your best five or just a five man lineup you would love to see with the new additions.

Spacing scoring Celtics.

Horford/Tatum/Brown/Brogdon/Smart

Timelord, Horford, Tatum,  Brown,  Brogdon

Best fit for Gallo,

Timelord,  Gallo, Tatum, Brogdon,  Smart

Shooting team

Horford,  Gallonari, Grant, Brogdon,  Prichard
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 08:16:25 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Dream Celtics lineups
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 06:22:38 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
KG long time no see, you hyped for these new dudes?

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 06:25:18 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Heck yeah King Curtis! Brad the Gm gets an A minus from me so far! And ownership stepping up at the same time, long overdue!

It goes to show you the positive momentum Brad has from getting to the finals in year one in control. Wyc is behind him 100% and ready to throw cash around!

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022, 08:25:34 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I am not totally sure I understand the thread but if the question is what types of line ups were are going to see with the new additions, I don't see the starters changing at all.  At least not to start.  It was the best starting line up in the league last year (statistically).  The only problem was getting them all on the court at the same time, especially the first half of the season:

Starters:
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Horford
RWilliams

Brogdon is now the clear 6th man.  He can come in for Smart and play PG, for Brown and play SG, or for Tatum and have Brown move to SF and play SG.  That is a lot of versatility.  White should also see pretty regular minutes.  Pritchard not so much.  The key to me is how well Brogdon can play as a SG/Wing over what has been his recent role of PG/Combo.  If Brogdon can be that SG/Wing off the bench and White the PG/Combo, plus with Pritchard, that rotation is pretty solid.  My guess is that is the hope with Brogdon.  Put him out there and tell him to play more as a wing, look to score.  We'll see how he does with that.  There will be nights where Brown or Tatum are not available and that is when we will really feel our depth "thinness" at wing.  That is when we will need Brogdon as a wing.

For the bigs, it remains pretty simple so long as RWill is available, which won't be all season.  I think we will see a lot of Horford and Gallinari playing together, especially when RWill is out.  Horford can play either big role fine and may even be better suited to play alongside of a PF like Gallinari.  Grant will get his minutes also.  We will see all combinations of these 4.  We will probably add a big still as well although probably more as insurance rather than a player who will take regular minutes away from the main 4 bigs already on the team.  I don't expect Kornet to play much of a role beyond garbage time.

Big match ups change from team to team and even throughout the game.  There will be times when we will be fine with Gallinari and Grant for example.  You don't always need a true center on the floor.  I expect we will play mostly with 2 bigs (even if not always with a "center) but we will also play some with only 1 big.  So the 4 primary bigs may only need to cover 84-88 minutes (assuming 8-12 min of 1-big ball).  We have a pretty solid big rotation to cover that, even if you assume Horford is not quite as good as last season and RWill continues to have durability issues.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2022, 06:20:18 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I am not totally sure I understand the thread but if the question is what types of line ups were are going to see with the new additions, I don't see the starters changing at all.  At least not to start.  It was the best starting line up in the league last year (statistically).  The only problem was getting them all on the court at the same time, especially the first half of the season:

Starters:
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Horford
RWilliams

Brogdon is now the clear 6th man.  He can come in for Smart and play PG, for Brown and play SG, or for Tatum and have Brown move to SF and play SG.  That is a lot of versatility.  White should also see pretty regular minutes.  Pritchard not so much.  The key to me is how well Brogdon can play as a SG/Wing over what has been his recent role of PG/Combo.  If Brogdon can be that SG/Wing off the bench and White the PG/Combo, plus with Pritchard, that rotation is pretty solid.  My guess is that is the hope with Brogdon.  Put him out there and tell him to play more as a wing, look to score.  We'll see how he does with that.  There will be nights where Brown or Tatum are not available and that is when we will really feel our depth "thinness" at wing.  That is when we will need Brogdon as a wing.

For the bigs, it remains pretty simple so long as RWill is available, which won't be all season.  I think we will see a lot of Horford and Gallinari playing together, especially when RWill is out.  Horford can play either big role fine and may even be better suited to play alongside of a PF like Gallinari.  Grant will get his minutes also.  We will see all combinations of these 4.  We will probably add a big still as well although probably more as insurance rather than a player who will take regular minutes away from the main 4 bigs already on the team.  I don't expect Kornet to play much of a role beyond garbage time.

Big match ups change from team to team and even throughout the game.  There will be times when we will be fine with Gallinari and Grant for example.  You don't always need a true center on the floor.  I expect we will play mostly with 2 bigs (even if not always with a "center) but we will also play some with only 1 big.  So the 4 primary bigs may only need to cover 84-88 minutes (assuming 8-12 min of 1-big ball).  We have a pretty solid big rotation to cover that, even if you assume Horford is not quite as good as last season and RWill continues to have durability issues.

Its not who are the starters. Its just exploring our new team and possible combos.

What lineups are u looking forward to.

Defenseive lineup with great scoring for instance.

Timelord
Tatum
Brown
Brogdon
Smart

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2022, 06:50:41 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I can't wait to see Brogdon with the Jays, Smart and TL. I think Brogdon allows for us to go with TL in this lineup as he is a good passer and keeps it moving. Dynamic scoring from all three levels, great defence, versatile, spacing both perimeter-wise and vertically, and gritty. I hope that this is our closing lineup.

I'm also excited to see a three guard lineup off the bench with PP, White and Brogdon.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 07:23:15 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Personally, I’m looking forward to:

- Davison
- Bergarin
- Hauser
- Grant Williams
- Kornet

… in mop up duty after blowout wins! ☘️💪🏻😂