Author Topic: Warriors (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Finals Game #3 6/8/22  (Read 52741 times)

Re: Warriors (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Finals Game #3 6/8/22
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2022, 08:44:44 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
somebody post who the refs  are once it comes out. thanks
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2022, 09:05:15 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Not saying Horford will put up big numbers like Game 1 but I refuse to believe Horford will be atrocious two games in a row. Even the Heat series, he was awful Game 6 (though part of it was definitely his grandfather passing away shortly before) but he stepped up Game 7 with 14 rebounds and a lot of good plays. I think he does the same tonight.

G-Will has honestly been mediocre since Game 2 of the Heat series, but I think tonight he finally has a great game again and knocks down like 5 3s or something like that.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2022, 09:08:25 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Oh wow, it's actually Scott Foster tonight. Surprised, thought he'd be there Game 4 benefitting the team trailing 2-1.

GAME 3 REFS: Scott Foster (#48)   David Guthrie (#16)   Courtney Kirkland (#61)   Curtis Blair (#74)

Kane Fitzgerald in Replay Center
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2022, 09:16:50 AM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
Let's go Cs and take this best of five series.  Start with a win tonight.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2022, 09:25:11 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I feel as if Draymond Green thinks he has "the number" of these young Celtics, and he can throw his weight around and get into the heads of the both Williams. Horford really isn't a physical presents down low at all. I hope the refs see through Green's antics, but seriously I don't think so.

When I look at the very bottom of the Celtics roster, I wonder if we made room for Tristan Thompson, perhaps Dray would think twice about acting like a thug. In a heated exchange between the two, where both were tossed from the game, I'd trade Tristan for Dray all day long.   

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2022, 09:33:28 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I feel as if Draymond Green thinks he has "the number" of these young Celtics, and he can throw his weight around and get into the heads of the both Williams. Horford really isn't a physical presents down low at all. I hope the refs see through Green's antics, but seriously I don't think so.

When I look at the very bottom of the Celtics roster, I wonder if we made room for Tristan Thompson, perhaps Dray would think twice about acting like a thug. In a heated exchange between the two, where both were tossed from the game, I'd trade Tristan for Dray all day long.   
I was wishing we had Ojeleye for that this morning.  He'd be way cheaper that Thompson and would also have some use against Giannis.  I don't know if Ojeleye would enjoy that stuff like Thompson but he'd be a great trade off.  I wouldn't want to sacrifice G Williams.

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2022, 09:57:17 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  The real problem is what  Draymond STARTED. The refs seem to decide that all this two hand grabbing cutters, all the pushing and holding OFF ball . This stuff was always called thru the playoffs. His is GS all of a sudden a more physically effective team than Miami? They can’t be without literally grabbing and pushing cutters and pushing hips of a guy that just heat them off the dribble. It’s a pathetic admission you’re too slow to guard someone but it’s up to the refs.
   The Celts are the better team. Even WITHOUT Rob Williams. GS REQUIRED all this to be let go to beat the Celts 4 out of 7.
  We had a chance at good basketball but now it’ll be who gif in foul trouble etc. There’s gonna be sooooo much complaining from players with a good argument and other blatant calls let go. Yay. 90’s basketball!

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2022, 09:58:01 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I did pizza last game and they lost, so onto burgers for tonight.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2022, 10:00:48 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104

I was wishing we had Ojeleye for that this morning.  He'd be way cheaper that Thompson and would also have some use against Giannis.  I don't know if Ojeleye would enjoy that stuff like Thompson but he'd be a great trade off.  I wouldn't want to sacrifice G Williams.

But nobody thinks any of this is actually intimidating. Nobody ever fights in basketball . We all know this. It’s not about retaliating. It’s about how the hell do you know what’s a foul? This is very sad we have r to return some thuggery when we are simple the better team. I thought the nba gif rid of the pro wrestling show.

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2022, 10:11:09 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
They have to look at this game as a must-win. The way they folded after the 3rd quarter of G2 makes me think they were happy with getting out of San Francisco 1-1. Which in the bigger picture is a good result, but tonight they have to have the mentality that if the Dubs go on a run they will go on one of their own to counter it. Because we want to protect home court which we've not done a great job of the last couple of series. Al and Marcus HAVE to be better. They allowed themselves to get punked mentally and physically by Draymond and his antics. Can't happen tonight!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2022, 10:11:58 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Oh wow, it's actually Scott Foster tonight. Surprised, thought he'd be there Game 4 benefitting the team trailing 2-1.

GAME 3 REFS: Scott Foster (#48)   David Guthrie (#16)   Courtney Kirkland (#61)   Curtis Blair (#74)

Kane Fitzgerald in Replay Center

It's sad when you turn a game on and have to check who the ref crew is and work out how they will affect the game.

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2022, 10:16:32 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Going to the game tonight. So freaking pumped!

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2022, 11:10:52 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Going to the game tonight. So freaking pumped!

Have fun!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2022, 11:13:49 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Nba is so predictable. Scott foster on the whistle.

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2022, 11:48:54 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618
Nba is so predictable. Scott foster on the whistle.

Please explain what you think this implies?