Author Topic: Heat (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) ECF Game #6 5/27/22  (Read 48125 times)

Re: Heat (2-3) at Celtics (3-2) ECF Game #6 5/27/22
« Reply #1305 on: May 27, 2022, 11:59:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Tatum had some rough TOs, but 30 points on 12 FGA is insane efficiency. I'm not sure we can count on that again, but we are going to need him.

Smart had more FG attempts than either Jayson or Jaylen. We need him to be more in floor general mode than shooter mode. He's done it before, he needs to refocus and do it on Sunday. Also, Ime has to make adjustments when that happens.

This was definitely a rough game for Smart - especially defensively - but we were just celebrating Derrick White's 4-14 performance in game 4 when Smart was out. He had a couple of really bad attempts, though, and I agree that I want him trying to get others involved as much as possible. It seemed to be more of a team effort trying to move the ball around - which I am usually fine with - except we had about a million TOs tonight.

« Reply #1306 on: May 27, 2022, 11:59:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Any Marcus smart slander will not be tolerated. Because everyone criticizing him was crying for him to be on the floor the games he has missed.

So just stop. It’s freaking pathetic.

but he deserves the criticism for his play tonight; he was abysmal on both ends of the floor.

the problem with this team is their ceiling is incredibly high but their floor hasn’t been raised and is still too low to be contenders. you can’t be in contention if your bad games are atrocious on a semi-regular basis. it’s a maturity issue that has plagued this team for years and it’s true of every starter, particularly jt, jb, and marcus.

Yeah, I think you're right that the floor is really the issue, not the ceiling. We just don't play smart, confident basketball all that consistently, and a lot of times when we get punched in the mouth in games we let it heavily affect us. I wonder how much of that is due to our two best players being so young.

« Reply #1307 on: May 28, 2022, 12:00:43 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Any Marcus smart slander will not be tolerated. Because everyone criticizing him was crying for him to be on the floor the games he has missed.

This fanbase is mentally weak and soft.

Attacking other posters who are rightfully frustrated is soft and weak

I'm not attacking. I'm stating facts. Every time this team loses, this board goes into temper tantrum meltdown mode. Losing this game sucked, that's for sure. But why not rally around a team that's fought back all season instead of insulting players?

This wasn't going to be easy and fans need to realize that. The Miami Heat are a well-coached veteran team with their backs against the wall. They weren't going to lay down and die. Neither will we.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1308 on: May 28, 2022, 12:01:52 AM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
Gonna suck to watch Larry Bird give that trophy to Jimmy Butler on Sunday night.

ouch, that stings. thanks for kicking me when i was already down.

« Reply #1309 on: May 28, 2022, 12:03:02 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Zero expectations Sunday night and zero confidence this team wins a third game in Miami.

We will be here asking how did Boston lose to that team.

« Reply #1310 on: May 28, 2022, 12:03:15 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
C's too stupid for their own good.  Miami came out with effort this game and didn't brick away like their last 2 games.  they must have realized C's will always revert to stupid basketball.

same crap under stevens for years

dumb dumb dumb

Sometimes you just need to start trading guys and change up the culture
What are you even talking about? Another one of your spectacularly bad reactionary takes. We are one win away from our first Finals game in over a decade

I am not so sure that Sparz is completely off base about this. There always has been something fundamentally fragile about this group's mental makeup. So Weak and Inconsistent many times. Sometimes show questionable levels of competitiveness. The three core players often continue to make the same dumb mistakes they have been making their entire careers - all in Boston.

Not always true - but has happened often enough and in some of the most iimportant games of the season. The hope has been that this same group had turned the corner the 2nd half of this season. Had finally figured it out. But this meltdown in possibly the biggest game of their careers, giving the game back to Miami TWICE after fighting back to take the lead once in each half, makes their ability to actually win a title questionable. Is a shakeup needed ? Certainly the addition of a tough-minded veteran is a minimum requirement.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #1311 on: May 28, 2022, 12:03:16 AM »

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

but he deserves the criticism for his play tonight; he was abysmal on both ends of the floor.

the problem with this team is their ceiling is incredibly high but their floor hasn’t been raised and is still too low to be contenders. you can’t be in contention if your bad games are atrocious on a semi-regular basis. it’s a maturity issue that has plagued this team for years and it’s true of every starter, particularly jt, jb, and marcus.

Yeah, I think you're right that the floor is really the issue, not the ceiling. We just don't play smart, confident basketball all that consistently, and a lot of times when we get punched in the mouth in games we let it heavily affect us. I wonder how much of that is due to our two best players being so young.

JB and JT being young is definitely a huge factor. It’s hard to find a championship team with the stars under 25. I just don’t think you can teach maturity.

« Reply #1312 on: May 28, 2022, 12:05:26 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
7th must win game of the playoffs. That is ridiculous.

« Reply #1313 on: May 28, 2022, 12:06:41 AM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919
Just to let you know, it could be worse. Not only did I pay to go to the game tonight but I am also taking the T home. For the past half hour, we have been stuck between Haymarket and Government Center. The train is packed, they turned the A/C off 20 minutes ago and it is so hot that some of the drunk guys are taking their shirts off.

« Reply #1314 on: May 28, 2022, 12:07:05 AM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273

i hope you’re right and it’s simply due to our youth. as this team has aged and gained more experience, one has to begin wondering if the “soft” label is the real issue. still too early to definitely determine but the concern is growing.

« Reply #1315 on: May 28, 2022, 12:07:17 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Celtics are the better team. They can prove that on Sunday. Unfortunate they lost tonight but it’s part of the growing process.

I’ll be supporting them.

« Reply #1316 on: May 28, 2022, 12:07:39 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Warriors in 4….over the awful heat

Yeah they're sweeping them and I hope they do if they advance. Can't stand Miami Heat

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1317 on: May 28, 2022, 12:07:58 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
yesterday

Tatum and Jaylen combined to take just 7 shots in the entire second half. That's wild.

« Reply #1318 on: May 28, 2022, 12:08:06 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
i will make a fortune if GS plays miami
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1319 on: May 28, 2022, 12:09:38 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
yesterday

Tatum and Jaylen combined to take just 7 shots in the entire second half. That's wild.

When you let your PG who has played bad all game do whatever he wants it's not surprising.