Poll

Who starts if Smart returns this series?

Jaylen Brown
25 (52.1%)
Marcus Smart
8 (16.7%)
Brown until Smart is playing better than Brown, then Smart.
15 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Does Brown continue to start when Smart returns?[Poll]  (Read 3042 times)

Re: Does Brown continue to start when Smart returns?[Poll]
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 12:40:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yes

Celtics should bring Smart off the bench

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 12:44:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I hope Smart takes his sweet time... Too many guys.

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 12:53:53 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
If Brogdon is somehow back and starting next to Bledsoe, then I think Boston will need to start Smart, any one else starting with Bledsoe, you start Brown.
Will it matter if Brogdon is playing or Brown? My guess is Tatum will be guarding either Brown or Brogdon with Jaylen or Smart, whichever starts, taking Middleton.
I don't think Tatum or Brown would be effective guarding Brogdon.  Giannis is hard enough to contain the team doesn't need to give other Bucks easier times.

Vintage Moranis. On the Bucks Brogdon is a dangerous offensive weapon, but if he were on the C’s the opinion would dramatically shift to that of a role player who’s dependent on his teammates for scoring opportunities.

No shock really. After all he recently said that Mirotic and Horford were equals.

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2019, 12:57:20 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
If Brogdon is somehow back and starting next to Bledsoe, then I think Boston will need to start Smart, any one else starting with Bledsoe, you start Brown.
Will it matter if Brogdon is playing or Brown? My guess is Tatum will be guarding either Brown or Brogdon with Jaylen or Smart, whichever starts, taking Middleton.
I don't think Tatum or Brown would be effective guarding Brogdon.  Giannis is hard enough to contain the team doesn't need to give other Bucks easier times.

That said I don't think we see Brogdon until at least the 3rd game and he probably will be a much lesser version and not starting.  I also dont think Smart is back for awhile either.

I don't know, I think brown would be a very good matchup for Brogdon. He has the athleticism to stay in front of hi on his straight line drives. He has good length to contest his spot up threes. I don't see nay reason he couldn't cover Brogdon. The guys solid, not dynamic.

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 06:14:57 PM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Stevens has expressed a preference for bringing Smart in off the bench. He likes the energy that Smart brings into the game at that point.

I suppose it will depend on how things are going at the time Smart comes back. If the team is winning, Brown stays in the starting unit.

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2019, 07:43:59 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Smart taking Rozier's spot takes the the ball out of Hayward's hands. And I want Gordon with the ball.

So I say start Smart.

Smart starting over Rozier takes the ball out of Rozier's hands.

Hayward will still get his touches.

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2019, 09:55:03 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1771
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There are going to be a bunch of things to consider. Is Marcus 100% or is he on a minutes restriction at first? How does this affect the match-ups?

Everything else equal, I think you go back to what worked best over the course of the season, Smart in the starting lineup. But there might be other factors.

But I don't think what we did this season worked all that well. In 2017-18, Brown started throughout the season and we ended up with a considerably better record...and that was with Irving going down.

I understand that after the first 20 games this season, Brad needed to make a change, but I think with everyone finally settling into their roles (it only took like 75 games), Morris and Smart off the bench works better...that is just my opinion, though  :P

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2019, 11:24:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2973
< Rozier is better for Celtics

Smart and Brown play .....no Rozier is my formula