Author Topic: RUMOR: Jayson Tatum "Would Not Mind" Being Face of Pelicans  (Read 3320 times)

Re: RUMOR: Jayson Tatum "Would Not Mind" Being Face of Pelicans
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 12:27:55 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I have been following this blog for about 10 years now, and never has there been a number of theese type of fake news/distractioncs regarding our team.
I am sure that Danny and Brad picked up a scent that something is crocked in the lockerroom, we would have had a firesale at the deadline with kyrie gone to the knicks or whatever.

it is really frustrating and until players, like mook, come out and straightforward say things, i don't trust a word from these "reporters"
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 01:45:08 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
How exactly does this rumor help Lebron, like people are suggesting?????  He would want Tatum to say he won't stay in NOLA and would leave at his first opportunity.  Remember he DOESN'T want NOLA to trade for him.  Leaking that he would love to be the face of their franchise would make them want to trade for him and make the Celtics more likely to trade him.  This is the opposite of what LeBron wants. 

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 02:01:40 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This quote wasn’t windhorst.  It’s also pure speculation that Jackie mac immediately dismissed.

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 02:28:28 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
It really doesn't matter whether Tatum wants to be the face of another team or not. Tatum has no say in the matter.

It matters because he obviously does not feel appreciated here.

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 02:31:43 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
How exactly does this rumor help Lebron, like people are suggesting?????  He would want Tatum to say he won't stay in NOLA and would leave at his first opportunity.  Remember he DOESN'T want NOLA to trade for him.  Leaking that he would love to be the face of their franchise would make them want to trade for him and make the Celtics more likely to trade him.  This is the opposite of what LeBron wants.

The idea I think would be that Lebron is trying to create locker room turmoil right now. 

Tatum saying in Feb. whether he would, or would not commit to the Pelicans years down the road when his contract is up, isn’t going to change their minds in July.  If a trade were to happen of course.

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2019, 03:16:26 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Does every unconfirmed, thrown out there disinformation deserves its own thread.
Nothing against OP, but what is the sense of it?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 05:16:13 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
You read that first sentence and realize something is missing.

"I was talking to about the Celtics...and they said..."

So who was Windhorst talking to?

If the first sentence instead read:

"I was talking to LeBron and Rich Paul about the Celtics...."

How much credence do you give the rest of what Windhorst said if he tells you who he was talking to the Celtics about? How much credence do you give it if he says he was talking to LeBron and Rich Paul?

Probably talked to the ball boy...

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2019, 05:35:36 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Why wouldn't he?

New Orleans is a cool city. It would be much more fun for Tatum to be the main man on a team than the 3rd wheel he is here currently in Boston. He has the talent to do more and, like all players, he wants to show that.

I don't know why so many are assuming this is a fake story.

What is wrong with being open to going to New Orleans? To being the main guy instead of one of the other guys?

I have no trouble buying this.

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2019, 06:11:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
thats stop one to being a Laker

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2019, 06:24:44 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I would honestly rather keep most assets (except rozier and morris) and make a trade for a legut center.

Imo

Irving/wannamaker
Brown/smart
Tatum/hayward
Horford/theis
Vucevic/baynes

Is a better overall team than if we traded for davis at the reported cost.

Note: vucevic was just the firat name that popped into my head but there are alot more guys out there that would fit the bill.

I dont think you need 4 superstars to win a chip...just a great team and a sibgle guy that can take over if needed

Horford and hayward can do their everyrhing man game
Brown and smart are 3 and d
Irving and tatum are stud scorers
The bigmen are bigmen.

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2019, 06:51:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Windhorst is a mouthpiece for LeBron and Klutch Sports.  I think this is the their pitiful attempt at revenge for being the front runners for Davis. 

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2019, 07:03:10 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Why wouldn't he?

New Orleans is a cool city. It would be much more fun for Tatum to be the main man on a team than the 3rd wheel he is here currently in Boston. He has the talent to do more and, like all players, he wants to show that.

What is wrong with being open to going to New Orleans? To being the main guy instead of one of the other guys?

Yeah but if he wants to prioritize winning over being the main guy his best bet is here.  Younger players in general have a problem with this sacrificing for the betterment of the team.

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2019, 07:25:30 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Why wouldn't he?

Yeah but if he wants to prioritize winning over being the main guy his best bet is here.  Younger players in general have a problem with this sacrificing for the betterment of the team.

The problem with that what you're saying is the Celtics are the ones trying to trade Tatum.
Tatum never asked to be traded.
It's the Celtics that want Tatum traded for Anthony Davis.

Jayson Tatum is just being professional.

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2019, 08:07:06 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Boston's problem is easy to fix. Just field two teams, one made up of the vets and the other the youths.

Irving/Hayward/Morris/Horford/Baynes (res: Wanamaker, Theis)

vs

Rozier/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Williams (res: Ojeleye, Yabusele)

who wins it?

That would be a fun match.

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2019, 08:13:11 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
It's plausible, right? I feel like Jaylen and Rozier have taken a lot of criticism this season but maybe, behind closed doors, Tatum is the one who is actually itching for a bigger spotlight. He is the one who has been told most frequently he's a star, right?

But, as others have said, I don't know how much credence to put into a report like this.

If Tatum is smart, he'll do some math and come to the conclusion that having veteran all stars a few years older than him means that he can raise his profile by being part of a winning team now and then, as they (Irving) decline Tatum will enter his prime, already considered a winner and transition into being the face of the franchise.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008