Author Topic: *HAPPY THANKSGIVING!*  (Read 12587 times)

*HAPPY THANKSGIVING!*
« on: November 23, 2009, 02:23:33 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I'd like to take a moment to wish everyone here - mods, authors, managers, bloggers, friends, adversaries, homers, visitors, newbies, and die-hards - the very best of blessings to you and yours for this holiday season, and a very ...

... and maybe take a moment to express one or two things that you are most thankful for this Thanksgiving, and give a thought to those less fortunate. All the best!

*PLEASE - This is a "TP - Free" zone, and just about being thankful*  ;)

- Bahku
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:22:40 PM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 02:25:55 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm most thankful this year for family, friends, my fiance', the small blessings that happen each day, and a Celtics team that is playoff-bound ... what could be better?

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: *HAPPY THANKSGIVING!*
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 03:33:51 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
bump

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 03:37:37 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Thanksgiving is not a holdiday here in Denmark but I'd like to give thanks to all my friends here and most of all my woman and my son; both of whom I love more with each day that goes by.

A Tommy Point for you, Bahku. If only the world had more people like you. I really mean that.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Just like ACF I am not familiar either
but as being there this last wee a lot of gentle people
desire me a happy one I will reciprocate to you all

Happy thanksgiving all!

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:18:06 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Thanks for responding Edgar and ACF ... and you don't even have Thanksgiving in your countries. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 08:47:19 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Thanks, Bahku...and Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else who may read this thread.

Congrats on your pending marriage, Bahku. It took me about 7 years of actively looking for a wife and an ex-fiance' before I met my wife of 12 years. I am thankful that our marriage lasted for the roughly 11 years I was in the Navy. Many of my shipmates' marriages didn't.

One key to our marriage..Faith and prayer. It kept us committed to one another. Even during the rough spots (Yes there are and will be rough spots in a committed relationship), we remained faithful to one another and committed.

I am thankful to God for Blessing me with my wife and two young boys - 11 and 6. The oldest one is a Celtics Fan (Gotta raise them right ;D). The youngest one is still deciding. Once he comes onboard I'll let him out of the doghouse....Literally--Just Joking People he does in fact sleep in the house.;D.

Again Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else who reads this thread.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 09:19:00 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Thanks Bahku! Thanksgiving is my favorite time fo the year. It is such a great blend of family, firends, and awesome food.

This year I have been blessed with a degree, a job, and on 12/28, a house. I have much to be thankful for and I ahven't even mentioned the Celtics yet.

I hope everyone here has a safe and memorable holiday season.

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 09:25:22 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Thanks, Bahku...and Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else who may read this thread.

Congrats on your pending marriage, Bahku. It took me about 7 years of actively looking for a wife and an ex-fiance' before I met my wife of 12 years. I am thankful that our marriage lasted for the roughly 11 years I was in the Navy. Many of my shipmates' marriages didn't.

One key to our marriage..Faith and prayer. It kept us committed to one another. Even during the rough spots (Yes there are and will be rough spots in a committed relationship), we remained faithful to one another and committed.

I am thankful to God for Blessing me with my wife and two young boys - 11 and 6. The oldest one is a Celtics Fan (Gotta raise them right ;D). The youngest one is still deciding. Once he comes onboard I'll let him out of the doghouse....Literally--Just Joking People he does in fact sleep in the house.;D.

Again Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else who reads this thread.

Thanks so much ... it's the (gulp) third and final time for me, and hopefully I've learned a thing or two, as I was far too young the first two times. But you're right, Faith is a key, and one element missing in my previous attempts. My fiance' is filipina, and very centered that way, so we've made that the core of our relationship from the start, (along with friendship), and I believe it will make all the difference.

I have 3 adult children, two of which I raised alone, (my daughter Alyssa from 2 months old, my son Brandon was 2), but I wouldn't change it for the world ... it was the toughest yet happiest and most rewarding period of my life. Rose and I want to have at least two, so it's very exciting for me to be at the "beginning" again, and looking forward to sharing the duties of child-rearing this time.

I met Rose when I was least expecting another serious relationship, and every moment since then has been a blessing ... she is much younger than I am, but wise far beyond her years, (a result of necessity and having to take care of herself and siblings from the age of 15), and she has taught me so much about myself and trusting others, things I had given up on ever learning.

So this Thanksgiving is a particularly special one for me, for many reasons, but mostly for the simple ones: love, faith, friendship, wisdom, and another chance to share life's toughest times and greatest joys. Funny how life works sometimes ... just when I had given up on finding my "soul-mate", was the time she came along.

God bless you and yours, GF ... and thanks for the kind words.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 09:30:01 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Thanks Bahku! Thanksgiving is my favorite time fo the year. It is such a great blend of family, firends, and awesome food.

This year I have been blessed with a degree, a job, and on 12/28, a house. I have much to be thankful for and I ahven't even mentioned the Celtics yet.

I hope everyone here has a safe and memorable holiday season.

Wow ... that is much to be thankful for ... congrats on all those amazing things happening! Owning my own home for the first time was just an unbelievable blessing for me, so I know how you feel. Great stuff ... it's gonna be hard to top it next year, (but I'm sure you will). ;) Have a great Holiday, my friend.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 10:21:34 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Real Thanksgiving was last month. Silly Americans. ;D

In all seriousness, I'd like to wish everybody a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Lots of great people on here.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 11:35:31 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

In all seriousness, I'd like to wish everybody a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Lots of great people on here.

Yeah ... we're behind on everything down here in the southern 48! ;) Have a great one, RR!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 11:36:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
According to a previous poll this is CelticsBlog's 2nd most popular holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 11:39:47 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923

Yeah ... we're behind on everything down here in the southern 48! ;) Have a great one, RR!

You too. Its actually a busy work day for me. I have PT interviews.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:54:09 PM by RebusRankin »

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 01:15:37 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
According to a previous poll this is CelticsBlog's 2nd most popular holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Same to you, Eja!

* BAHKU MUSIC *