Poll

Have you found the Recent Trade Ray Threads Funny?

Yes
17 (48.6%)
No, just not my humor
15 (42.9%)
No, the threads make fun of other members
1 (2.9%)
No, for a bit I thought they were real
0 (0%)
Other, see my comments below
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: (Poll) What's Funny & What's Not  (Read 12431 times)

Re: (Poll) What's Funny & What's Not
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 12:14:12 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
when i read the title i was prepared to vote on what literally is funny to people. i was prepared to list when people fall down, lol.

a few thoughts on the topic:

1.  first and formost, the blog is at its absolute worse (except for last year) during the "dog days of summer".  there are a lot of crazy trade ideas, opinions of free agents, feeling on what the team needs for the upcoming season, etc.  that happens bc there isnt any action and everyone anxiously awaits the next season.  personally, my activity on the site goes down during the summer bc i get bored with the 15 threads on posey and maggette, that virtually say the same thing, lol.  in this boredom, i think members attempt to "think outside the box" for the sake of an interesting dialogue.  sometimes it works, other times it fails miserably.

2.  i think people should have thick skin when they create a thread. when u create a thread, or a post for that matter, you should be prepared for someone to disagree or challenge your thinking.  that does not mean it has to be mean spiritted or personal, but a lot of times people interpret it as a "dig", even when it isnt, simply because it is text read off a monitor, rather than a conversation where u hear tone and see facial expressioins.  most bloggers here are cool, understanding, and appear to be respectful people.  however, like any other social setting in society, there are people who just want to intentionally tease and mock others. i suggest just taking things at face value.

3.  i think more people should be able to "agree to disagree".  just bc you dont agree with someone, doesnt mean there are any issues between people.  keep it civil and respectful.  i have engaged in numerous threads where i disagree with someones thoughts, views, judgement, etc.....but i kept it respectful.  often when you do that, u tend to be amazed at how much stronger your respect and relationship with that particular poster improves. 

4.  pm's are great and should be used.  there have been a few times where i have said something to someone that they took offense to or got upset, even though it wasnt my intention.  i send them a quick pm apologizing to them and explain where i was coming from. it gets resolved and ur relationship with that poster improves, thus improving the community here. 9 out of 10 times when there is an issue in the forum, it is due to a misunderstanding or not clearly expressing your stance and people misinterpret it as disrespect.

5.  lastly, let it go.  just because you have a disagreement in one thread doesnt mean it should carry over into others.  take everything at face value and try to give people the benefit of the doubt.  in the end, we are all celts fans on a celts blog.....lets respect our fellow brothers and sisters who bleed green.

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 05:02:09 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
Just revisiting this post from last year given the onslaught of trades and fake trade ideas. 

Worth reading through.
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Frustrating, annoying, ridiculous, belittling all spring to mind.

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 05:06:30 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
SSFan 2.0  :P
Yup

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 08:38:50 PM »