Author Topic: Wheels Falling Off the Pats' Bus  (Read 7903 times)

Re: Wheels Falling Off the Pats' Bus
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 11:49:17 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I believe their defense is so terrible is because the offense sucks now.  If the offense can barely stay on the field the defense gets worn down and tired and by the 2nd half they get blown out.

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 11:55:18 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I believe their defense is so terrible is because the offense sucks now.  If the offense can barely stay on the field the defense gets worn down and tired and by the 2nd half they get blown out.

While I agree that the defense can gat tired, I can't help but notice that it seem that other teams are scoring on their first drive of the game. Can't blame that on the offense.

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 12:26:03 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

While I agree that the defense can gat tired, I can't help but notice that it seem that other teams are scoring on their first drive of the game. Can't blame that on the offense.

the defense has two good units (LB and Line) and one atrocious unit (Secondary)

as the chargers showed, when one of your starting CB's was a guy to terrable to play for the bengals, your in trouble one on one. ellias hobbs is a serviacble guy, but the rest of the CB crew stink.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 12:30:27 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

as the chargers showed, when one of your starting CB's was a guy to terrable to play for the bengals, your in trouble one on one. ellias hobbs is a serviacble guy, but the rest of the CB crew stink.

Their front seven really hasn't shown up either. They didn't get any pressure on Rivers last game. When the QB has time to throw he will pick any secondary apart.

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 12:37:18 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

Their front seven really hasn't shown up either. They didn't get any pressure on Rivers last game. When the QB has time to throw he will pick any secondary apart.

The front seven have seven sacks recorded. They just are not pressuring the opposing teams' quarterbacks. We're tied for the third fewest sacks. The entire defense has been inexcusably terrible.